• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Dress-Up Darling Cosplay Manga Listed With TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:03 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Psycho 101

I've read the first three volumes that are currently out. Highly recommended for you. Laughing

What passes for fan service is integral to the plot. It is also different from usual and highly effective. Especially spoiler[the chapter where he has to get her measurements.]

Well as luck would have it my library can get the first 3 volumes for me. It has to come from another county in the state so it will take a bit longer, but that's ok. According to RightStuf vol 4 isn't out until June anyways.
meruru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:36 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Psycho 101

I've read the first three volumes that are currently out. Highly recommended for you. Laughing

What passes for fan service is integral to the plot. It is also different from usual and highly effective. Especially spoiler[the chapter where he has to get her measurements.]

As a person that actually sews, that part was still silly fanservice. spoiler[ You don't have to be in your underwear to get measurements, just don't wear anything too bulky, and forcing him to measure her bust "because she couldn't do it herself, she'd have to lean over" is also silly. She can measure herself by standing normally. In fact, leaning over would surely mess up the measurement. The hardest part would be making sure the measuring tape is level and not going up or down on her back, but he could help her do that without having to get too close to any sexy body parts. Also, he took more measurements than necessary. They were sewing a dress, so inseam isn't needed at all, obviously, yet they did it anyways. That was probably the silliest part.]
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:30 pm Reply with quote
@meruru

Oh it was definitely fan service. It could have been covered in a couple of panels instead of a whole chapter. Keep in mind that as someone with experience, you clearly know more than our two main characters spoiler[who are working from a book. It probably listed all the measurements you might possibly need instead of just what was necessary for a single project.] More to the point, you likely know more than the author who said they were researching the subject as they went along and admitted to taking liberties for plot purposes.

My point was that it was different from the usual accidental groping (or worse) and was part of the story. As to effective, your mileage may vary..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2