• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:25 am Reply with quote
and this is the point when i realized this was not going to be just another dumb Isekai, but something interesting. this when I was reading the manga.
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if I'm feeling this show to be frank. It has awful animation, and I get that the entire point is that the world the game is in is busted, but I'm not vibing with the story or its characters. I just don't find it funny or the story to be all that great.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:22 pm Reply with quote
camseyeview140 wrote:
Not sure if I'm feeling this show to be frank. It has awful animation, and I get that the entire point is that the world the game is in is busted, but I'm not vibing with the story or its characters. I just don't find it funny or the story to be all that great.

Good, no problem with that. We are not hive minds yet. If this was food, I would say "more for us".
camseyeview140

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:45 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
camseyeview140 wrote:

Good, no problem with that. We are not hive minds yet. If this was food, I would say "more for us".

Like, I get the idea and I like some of the aspects the show is throwing, but idk...
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:28 am Reply with quote
i mean, the direction and execution is lacking. like when i watched little busters i did not find it as compelling as Clannad, even though it should be the better one, based on the plot, but the execution for the little busters anime is lacking compared to Clannad. in this case, the plot is here, the execution sometimes is not.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 11:21 am Reply with quote
one comment for anime viewers in general.
because we don't get a lot of otome game anime adaptations this is not as transparent as it is for manga or novel readers ( in general not specifically the audience of this series). the world correcting course by itself back to game events is a very common trope in the otome game genre,. it saying that this is or not happening here, but i am saying it to explain Leon's head space.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
their love, loyalty, and growth will likely never be rewarded

I don't know... If they can grow enough to realize that there was never any future in loving Maria, and move on from her, that would be a reward. And since that growth would be motivated by their love and loyalty in the first place, then those have their reward as well.

Unless in this world, they can have a polygamous relationship with the five of them... Then rewards all around, I guess?

Luxion still makes every episode for me. Smile
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Don't think that will ever happen. They are trapped by Marie's choices. Once Marie successfully romanced them, they are her's forever. Marie is basically trapped in a hell of her own making. One that she has to make her peace with. Hopefully, once she becomes a better person, she can improve her and their quality of living. Though, Marie's princes have to grow up too. Right now, Marie is the one suffering for the princes' choices.
Melicans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm now not sure that the anime will adapt as far as I initially thought. Is the series 12 or 13 episodes? If there's 2 episodes left it is going to take an awful lot of compression to reach that emotional ending. Hopefully it doesn't go the route of Seirei Gensouki by making it the briefest of epilogues.
sadoldguy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:04 pm Reply with quote
As of the end of light novel 3, spoiler[ we really have not gotten an official explanation of why the timeline has been compressed. However, because the game had at least TWO sequels with the capture targets of game 1 appearing in game 2 as still in school it can be inferred that the timeline being compressed was a retcon! ]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:11 pm Reply with quote
note, the ln3 info up there is a huge spoiler.

the theory is that is the fault 9n Leon winning the f'ing duel, thus ruining the country's politics all around.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:46 pm Reply with quote
They're definitely compressing things, but it looks like even with that we won't catch up to the manga. Hopefully there's a second season announcement coming...

Roseblade is a fun character, it would have been nice to have her introduced earlier, at least so it didn't seem like she showed up out of no where.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder why Leon used rubber bullets. Is it because he wants to sue for peace and is trying to keep things non-lethal so both sides have an easy way out? Or is it simply that he didn't want to kill people in front of Angie?

Leon has a no kill policy, something Luxion has called him out on.
sadoldguy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:47 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[ Leon is avoiding killing for multiple reasons: 1. He honestly does not want to kill people unless he has too because he rightly fears how it will effect his sleep. 2. In this battle, not killing adds to the humiliation of defeating the fleet with a group of STUDENTS on vacation who refused to kill.]
PonSquared

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:44 pm Reply with quote
As I mentioned to my family, I had... a lot of issues with the battle. However, I didn't mind because the interpersonal drama was so good. Glad to know there is more story to come.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6