• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chaos;Head Noah Game's Steam Release Canceled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:31 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
I see someone is easily offended.

American shows sexualizing teenagers(even if using adult actors) and little kids: Completely fine.

Some animation from the east: Problematic.

Might as well admit you are working for Valve.

That someone...would be you.
Literally nothing in their post suggested they were offended or that they agreed that it should be censored or blocked from Steam. In fact, if you actually read their post, they point out how harmless the content is that it's even available for purchase at Wal-Mart, a store notorious for blocking anything with a "mature audiences" label on it. You were so quick to jump to the game's defense that you didn't even realize you were arguing against someone calling BS on Steam's censorship.

And then you accused them of working for Valve!

Aerdra wrote:
Actually it'd be 12. The standard cut is 30%, something the Epic Games Store (hint hint, Japanese developers) is trying to change.

Sounds about right. That's why I said closer to 4, because there was no way anyone would sell their games on Steam if they took even a 50% cut of the sales. It's just not a profitable partnership at that rate.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:42 am Reply with quote
flamemasterelan wrote:
ssjokg wrote:
I see someone is easily offended.

American shows sexualizing teenagers(even if using adult actors) and little kids: Completely fine.

Some animation from the east: Problematic.

Might as well admit you are working for Valve.

That someone...would be you.
Literally nothing in their post suggested they were offended or that they agreed that it should be censored or blocked from Steam. In fact, if you actually read their post, they point out how harmless the content is that it's even available for purchase at Wal-Mart, a store notorious for blocking anything with a "mature audiences" label on it. You were so quick to jump to the game's defense that you didn't even realize you were arguing against someone calling BS on Steam's censorship.

And then you accused them of working for Valve!

The below doesnt seem something someone who doesnt care about the sexual content would say.

Unless if it is sarcasm and I didn't get it.
Quote:
A few anime or at least episodes and VNs or adjacent games failed to get 18+ certificates in the last few years here in Germany as the formerly lenient rating agencies finally woke up to how abusive toward minors and women some of these were. Teen-friendly ratings used to be the norm with fanservice releases. To an infamous degree even, where American rating agencies couldn´t believe how casually sexual content was treated over here. It still is but you can´t "normalize" rape and child abuse.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:20 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
The below doesnt seem something someone who doesnt care about the sexual content would say.

Unless if it is sarcasm and I didn't get it.
Quote:
A few anime or at least episodes and VNs or adjacent games failed to get 18+ certificates in the last few years here in Germany as the formerly lenient rating agencies finally woke up to how abusive toward minors and women some of these were. Teen-friendly ratings used to be the norm with fanservice releases. To an infamous degree even, where American rating agencies couldn´t believe how casually sexual content was treated over here. It still is but you can´t "normalize" rape and child abuse.

Yes, now try reading it in context again. Specifically

residentgrigo wrote:
Chaos;Head Noah and Child on the other hand got a 16+ and will release on the Switch with bra & panties DLC so the content can´t be that far out. This can´t be an ESRB thing.

So even though Germany doesn't hesitate to shut down any Visual Novels that sexualize children or "normalize" rape or child abuse, the game is being released there with no qualms. Which means...this specific game isn't guilty of doing so. They then go on to point out the ESRB rating not being an issue, and finally that it's releasing at infamously overprotective Wal-Mart.

The post is literally shooting down all of the potentially understandable excuses that Valve could have used by pointing out that every platform that would also have a problem with that content has already let it pass.

Hell, the section you skipped even points out that they played the games themselves and found it to be just fine:
Quote:
These 2 blow btw as I tried them out on the Vita. Basically Videodrome for babies with some half-justifiable T&A (but no nudity).
Bettyngo1211

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:52 am Reply with quote
They wanted to make a bit of a fuss about this game. Besides that I really love to read, that's why I use https://freebooksummary.com/category/siddhartha-symbols because there I can find book summary and various interesting symbols like Siddhartha Symbols, I think it would be quite logical to close this project, because there was a lot of content there that I can't show to schoolchildren, and that would be their audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2