• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Ryza RPG Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:36 am Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:

it's silly and cheap way to fool anime fans in general and take their money that's why it's pathetic because you want to be taken advantage unless you don't have dignity from the start which is another story.
I think you are complaining about things which simply aren't for you anyway.
kaoru99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 am Reply with quote
From what I can tell Ryza is basically the Bridget of the Atelier series. Attracted a bunch of new fans to the franchise, old fans are upset at that, and apparently there's now some infighting.

Although to say Atelier never had fanservice before is a bit of a stretch. I've only played one game in the series before Ryza, Escha and Logy, and that had swimsuit DLC and cute girls as well. Maybe not as blatant as Ryza's thighs, but it never seemed like some chaste and pure series people are making it out to be.

The anime looks nice though. Funnily enough Escha and Logy also got an anime adaption back the day. I guess these two games were the ones that attracted the non-fans one the most and became the most popular?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:13 am Reply with quote
kaoru99 wrote:
From what I can tell Ryza is basically the Bridget of the Atelier series. Attracted a bunch of new fans to the franchise, old fans are upset at that, and apparently there's now some infighting.

Although to say Atelier never had fanservice before is a bit of a stretch. I've only played one game in the series before Ryza, Escha and Logy, and that had swimsuit DLC and cute girls as well. Maybe not as blatant as Ryza's thighs, but it never seemed like some chaste and pure series people are making it out to be.

The anime looks nice though. Funnily enough Escha and Logy also got an anime adaption back the day. I guess these two games were the ones that attracted the non-fans one the most and became the most popular?

I don't think Vanadise was objecting to the presence of fanservice or saying the Ryza games introduced it to the franchise. They just seemed exasperated at the way Reisalin's particular charm point seems to have dominated the discussion around it. Which, yeah, I can sympathize. Probably pretty frustrating to be a fan of a fairly niche series that finally gets some attention, but wo much of the discussion is on a single, surface level part of the most recent entry. There's literally a post that just says "thighs" in this very thread.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:18 am Reply with quote
kaoru99 wrote:

Honestly fanservice is to be expected in every installment, I can't really say for those prior to the Arland series but having played each of them starting Rorona, it was never a taboo for fans, swimsuits were always the first kind of DLC usually released within 2 months while additional characters, story and others costumes could take up to 1 year.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:01 am Reply with quote
tootbrush wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I was today years old when I found out the guy who wrote the shana light novels was the writer for this game series.

Just the 1st and 3rd Ryza games. The Atelier series itself has many writers.

Ah I see, thanks, I never played any of these games
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3