• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Original Naruto Anime's Brand-New Episodes Premiere on September 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:48 am Reply with quote
At this point they may as well remake the whole original anime with Bleach: TYBW treatment.
mooseV01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:53 am Reply with quote
Don’t see the appeal of this if it isn’t a remake. I mean… they’re literally just gonna be filler episodes and lord knows Naruto has had enough of that. Laughing
db999

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:29 pm Reply with quote
If the 4 scenes in the visual are anything to go by it's looking like it's going to be either a reanimated version of the Zabuza Haku fight, the 3rd Hokage vs Orochimaru Fight, Naruto vs Gaara, and Naruto vs Sasuke. If the episodes are standard length probably just those specific fights, but they could also potentially do a condensed retelling of those arcs instead of just the fights.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:34 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
At this point they may as well remake the whole original anime with Bleach: TYBW treatment.

I find that to be completely pointless, really. For as much flaws as you could find in regards to fillers, pacing, animation, etc. The anime as it stands still holds up greatly. Save re-adaptations for series that got actual poor treatment.
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:49 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

I find that to be completely pointless, really. For as much flaws as you could find in regards to fillers, pacing, animation, etc. The anime as it stands still holds up greatly. Save re-adaptations for series that got actual poor treatment.
I, and most people don't give a f.uck about whether original still holds up, or whatever.

Remakes sell because people want them.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:11 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
XCalliope wrote:

Plus some of the filler was actually pretty helpful when it came to fleshing out Team 7's relationship pre-timeskip. Something that was pretty poorly developed in the manga.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:25 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

I, and most people don't give a f.uck about whether original still holds up, or whatever.

Remakes sell because people want them.

Yes, they sell because people want them. And the remakes people want are from series that got actual poor adaptations or that are just unfinished. Tokyo Ghoul, Promised Neverland, Soul Eater, you name them. Not from series that have no logical reason to get remakes. I'm not asking for remakes to stop existing completely, I'm asking for it to be saved for series that need it. So your point literally means nothing.
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:35 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Yes, they sell because people want them. And the remakes people want are from series that got actual poor adaptations or that are just unfinished. Tokyo Ghoul, Promised Neverland, Soul Eater, you name them. Not from series that have no logical reason to get remakes. I'm not asking for remakes to stop existing completely, I'm asking for it to be saved for series that need it. So your point literally means nothing.
Nobody cares about pre 2020s anime.

Recency bias is the only thing that matters, and no one will go out of their way to see the ancient stuff, unless it is for memes.

Especially if we are talking about long running series.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:48 pm Reply with quote
They need to make Naruto Kai with all the filler stripped off
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:55 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Good luck attracting the new fans with 20 years old animation.

Fillers are least of its problems, especially nowadays when people can just skip them easily.

malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:06 pm Reply with quote
[quote="XCalliope"]
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:

Nobody cares about pre 2020s anime.

I hope you’re kidding. We’re only 3 years into the 2020s, and even if you meant 2010s, that is still extremely hyperbolic.
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:21 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

I hope you’re kidding. We’re only 3 years into the 2020s, and even if you meant 2010s, that is still extremely hyperbolic.
Realistically, how many people watch original Naruto series nowadays?

10 per month?
20?

Everyone who wanted to see it already did, and moved on; nowadays, original Naruto series is just that old anime about Boruto's dad's genin days.

Young generations have their Boku no Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, etc...

Even as far as Shippuden is concerned, one could go so far as to say that the only thing that keeps it somewhat relevant are shipping wars, Sakura's fans vs Sakura's haters, and some meme here, and there.

Pierrot doesn't give a shit about whether some of their old animated titles was good enough of adaptation, they know that ancient anime will never print as much money, as fresh new modern one.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:42 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:

10 per month?
20?

Everyone who wanted to see it already did, and moved on; nowadays, original Naruto series is just that old anime about Boruto's dad's genin days.

Young generations have their Boku no Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer, etc...

Even as far as Shippuden is concerned, one could go so far as to say that the only thing that keeps it somewhat relevant are shipping wars, Sakura's fans vs Sakura's haters, and some meme here, and there.

Pierrot doesn't give a shit about whether some of their old animated titles was good enough of adaptation, they know that ancient anime will never print as much money, as fresh new modern one.

That logic is completely idiotic. No matter how popular overall a series or anything in general is, it's not gonna stay relevant. Acting as if people "don't care" about a series just became there isn't consistent talk about it is flawless logic. And that still does not really warrant a good reason to make a remake out of it. It's just milking and nothing else.
Los Nido

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:49 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:

10 per month?
20?

Everyone who wanted to see it already did, and moved on; nowadays, original Naruto series is just that old anime about Boruto's dad's genin days..

I recall hearing how Naruto was one of the most watched anime on Netflix when it was released, or some similar streaming service that put the original series up on it semi-recently. I think it's still getting new viewers quite a lot.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:50 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Good luck attracting the new fans with 20 years old animation.

Fillers are least of its problems, especially nowadays when people can just skip them easily.

Boy, do I love when people pause one specific frame of a sequence to call it "poorly animated" simply because it looks weird, even though the actual scene is incredibly well animated, but they don't know the most basic concepts of how animation works yet want to act like a smartass about it.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/d7da4901a6c3531804da4fb0e1cf7a10.mp4

Seriously, the fact that your entire argument pretty much relies on the idea "it should get a remake simply because it's old" is so stupid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2