• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Nurse Angel Ririka

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:10 pm Reply with quote
shadow_Hiei wrote:
Looks like other people beat me to mentioning Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha... you really should do some basic research before doing something like calling a genre dead.

Fair enough. However, the point I was trying to make is that magical girl anime is nowhere near as mainstream as it once was; it's now quite possible to be an anime fan without even knowing the genre exists. I'll be more careful when making such blanket statements in the future.

dormcat wrote:
Be sure to read/watch Bokurano then.

Planning on it. Smile Although the director is an unknown quantity (directorial debut was Cat Returns, which I thought was pretty tepid), so I wouldn't say I'm greatly anticipating it.
ivorycruncher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Okay, apparently my last post got deleted. Let's just say I know for a fact that the Nurse Angel project has not been dropped and the group certainly has not disbanded. 'Nuff said.
soundchazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Creamy Mami is kind of old school, but the real old school mahou shoujo (magical girl) shows are:

Minky Momo
Mahou Shoujo Chappy
Mahou Shoujo Sally

those were quite entertaining. It is a shame no one (legal or otherwise) distributes that kind of shows anymore.
vasco_lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quote
I watch Ririka about 10 years ago in HK (but they cut all op/ed, sad) and I still like this series. I got all 35 ep of Ririka in 3 VHS on ebay few year ago, but not so good quality (not recommand).

This series has a lot nice thing
spoiler[ 1> nice time setting: her 10th birthday (received angel cap) to 11th bithday (Nurse die)
2> Nice and cut and unique character design
3> Educational story (tell you "nice to father, not be lazy, etc)
4> Kind of good (touch) ending? (Actually I mean the last episode, the birthday party, birthday wish, why she need to die, etc)
5> reasonable story line (Ririka/Kanou could lose, die; Green vaccine run out, etc)
6> really nice character relationship arrangement]

But there are always some draw back
spoiler[ 1> super long transformation (really long)
2> op/ed screen cut from ep
3> additional story ending info hide in last ending song (Queen Helena recover and with Kanou)
4> Kanou too week when with Ririka, but so strong when he is dark joker
5> too long story (a lot of junk episode, that mean you could skip them)
6> "Angel Aid Bomb Beam" sound like "Angel A-Bomb (Atomic bomb) Beam]

enjoy them if you could get all episodes. It is really a nice anime to watch

[EDIT: Got a report about spoilers, so I added spoiler tags just in case. -TK]
Jadress

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
^^;;; Um.. Hi Vasco_lee, I see you're new here, so welcome! But please use SPOILER TAGS when giving away big important parts of the storyline!! There are people here who haven't seen Ririka yet.

That said, I loved this series, and I think it's the only magical girl anime I've seen to completion except for Princess Tutu. And yes, I also had the scanlated video of the last part of manga! It wrapped things up nicely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vasco_lee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:12 am Reply with quote
oop... Sorry!!!> I will be careful about the spoiler

Quote:
think it's the only magical girl anime I've seen to completion except for Princess Tutu.

It is kind of sad... You mean all kind magical girl anime? Which included..
Akazukin Chacha / Magical Girl Pretty Sammy / Card Captor Sakura(cute magical fighting - no/very little blood)
Sailormoon (Fighting - could see blood)
Creamy Mami / Full moon / Princess Tutu (Singing,Danceing, art, etc)
Digi charat (Pure Magic - no fight)

back to topic, Ririka is a good magical girl, but I will also recommand "Akazukin Cha cha" as well. (but Ririka has better ending than Chacha)
JHawkNH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
JHawkNH wrote:
I have a quick question about the amazon.jp link. Is it possible to order from them if I am in the US and do they even ship internationally?

I didn't see any "will not ship internationally" (海外発送はしません) note, so it should be able to be purchased overseas, as long as you are willing to pay the shipping fee.

EDIT: Heck, I used my own Amazon.jp account to try it out for you, and for shipping to Taiwan (I assume it's all the same when shipping internationally) the fee is 900 Yen for economy (surface) and 1,700 Yen for express (air). Really trivial compared to its 33,730 Yen price tag.

Thanks for the info. Now I just need to save up alittle bit of money to get this.
And your right, 1,700 yen isn't much when compared to the cost.
kittykatstargal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Although I heard of the series I never really tried to watch it until I read the article and managed to find 12 episodes of it on youtube - it's such a sweet little anime.

I'd love to watch the whole series actually but it looks pretty hard to find by the looks of it. Maybe I'll look into the manga counterpart and see what I can find.

Question, does Seiya end up with Ririka or at least manage to confess? (He was so cute in episode 6 Awww.)
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
I know this thread is old, but I just HAD to do this! I just finished this show, and...OH MY GOD, THAT ENDING!!! It left me in tears!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3