• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: South Korean Manhwa Accused of Anti-Semitism

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Likewise, it's true that there is a lot of Jewish presence in those that control the media, but to believe that Rupert Murdoch would side with Edgar Bronfman just because they're both Jewish is rather ridiculous.
-t

I don't know about Edgar Bronfman but I'm pretty sure Rupert Murdoch is Christian
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
I don't know about Edgar Bronfman but I'm pretty sure Rupert Murdoch is Christian

I know Bronfman is Jewish. I thought Murdoch was too, but apparently I was sort-of-wrong. His mother was Jewish, which makes him Jewish according to Jewish law. He was baptized, which makes him Catholic according to the Catholic church.

My bad.

If you aren't familiar with the whole Jewish Media controversy, just google "Jewish Media." You'll get tons and tons of one sided, evidence abusing documents that sound/read very much like other conspiracy "proof" and items of revisionist history.

For a laugh, try googling Rupert Murdoch Jewish Media, there are actually long essays out there arguing whether or not Murdoch is part of the "Zionist Media Conspiracy."

I should point out, in regards to the fact that I stated earlier that there is a disproportionate number of Jewish media moguls, their ultimate bosses remain their shareholders and investors. So even if Rupert Murdoch is a "zionist puppet" Rolling Eyes , he still answers to investors like the Connecticut Retirement Plans and Trust Funds.

So unless North America's major investors and banks are also part of the Zionist conspiracy...

-t
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote
The article wrote:
a South-Korean educational manhwa by university Professor Lee Won-bok

Really, it is people like this who use the guise of the educational system to spread hate. Sad and despicable at the same time.

Making such blanket statements in a book that is supposed to educate doesn't give young-ones much a chance anymore. And since it took Korean-Americans to shout for this to get noticed(19 years), proves that the people over there will just blindly accept such nonsense. Sad either way you look at this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
MelancholyDevil wrote:
Race in America is too goddamn complicated.

The fact that we have Xenophobes like Kahn, or the fact that a white guy can hillariously pull off wearing hot pants of Faye Valentine?
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Ridiculous. Jews prevent Koreans from prospering in the US? I could just as easily say that Koreans are the reason I can't get into college-- a warrantless, prejudgemental, and idiotic assertion. I thought this kind of argument was solely reserved for the first grade.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
The fact that we have Xenophobes like Kahn

Al Kahn's a Xenophobe ?

-t
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
What?!! Racism in Korea?!! Shocked I never would have guessed it.

Let me give an insider perspective. I have lived in South Korea for about 8 months, and it is by far the most racist country I have ever seen in my life. That being said, it is the 12th country I have visited. It's just that they don't have a critical mass of we-guks (foreigners) yet, so to them, racism is a non-issue. Believe me, stuff like this is printed every day. On the street, people treat me in a racist manner every day.

Someone asked if there were any Jews in Korea. The answer is: no. There aren't. There is Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, and Money. Let's put the emphasis on Money, since most people who go to Buddhist Temples or Christian Churches really worship Money instead.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
You'd think the guy would learn after what the Japanese did to his people.

Abarenbo:
Quote:
And the lady somehow managed to overlook the fact that during the LA Riots, African Americans actually vandalized and looted Korean Stores. Whoops.

Yeah, and the Korean stores were exploiting and promoting criminal activity by selling liquor to gang-members. Not to mention one of the owners shot a little girl, just for stealing. There was also the issue of black customers being racially-profiled when they shopped. So while the trashing of the stores wasn't right, the Korean community at the time wasn't establishing good terms with the black community. I think it's balanced out more nowadays, but only because of the declining gang warfare in general, as well as the possible increase of Asian gangs.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:44 am Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
What?!! Racism in Korea?!! Shocked I never would have guessed it.

"They Dressed Well" - A troubling fascination with Third Reich regalia elevates the Nazi look to what's chic in South Korea (from Time Asia)

S. Korean Nazi spots draw protest (from CNN)

GATSU wrote:
You'd think the guy would learn after what the Japanese did to his people.

Same for Israelis building walled ghettos for Palestinians... the same way German did to their ancestors (many of them are still alive) in Warsaw under Nazi occupation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quote
dormcat:
Quote:

Same for Israelis building walled ghettos for Palestinians...

Or the Chinese occupying Tibet... Rolling Eyes
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I think it's balanced out more nowadays, but only because of the declining gang warfare in general, as well as the possible increase of Asian gangs.

So what about MS-13/Mara Salvatrucha??
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
dormcat:
Quote:
Same for Israelis building walled ghettos for Palestinians...

Or the Chinese occupying Tibet... Rolling Eyes

Yup, that's why "the only thing human learned from history is that human never learn from history."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quote
Wow. And here I am usually defending Korean creators and complaining about the racism of labeling their stuff Japanese.

Can't say I'm too surprsied to hear Korea's own racial and racism problems.

I really don't hold anything against the Jews. I know I worship one as Lord and Savior. Heh. People tend to forget that. Even some 'Christians'.

Though I will say that I some less and less supportive of Israel's pig headedness. Then again, the Israeli state is different from the ethnicity and religion of being Jewish. They're interconnected, but they don't have to go hand in hand. Just like not all Americans support what its government does.
mokitty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:44 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

Yup, that's why "the only thing human learned from history is that human never learn from history."

I disagree; humans who learn from history learn to mind our own business because it seems no one else cares.
We who highly value history would much rather open a book than get involved in all the day-to-day infuriations of world politics. Very Happy
Vikio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quote
mokitty lol @ mokitty Anime smile Jon Stewart once said that "The people who run the country are extremists, because the moderates have sh*t to do.”

Besides that, I thought THIS article was scary...but the two links about "Nazi chic" are - Shocked
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4