• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a twist!

So spoiler[Tobi really isn't Madara (the real one, anyway. He could still be a clone of some sort or part of his soul).]
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. I kind of called this awhile ago, though, since he was the only proof we had.
vashna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:24 am Reply with quote
I suppose that I should fess up and say that it was a shocker to me. I hadn't the slightest idea; I surely look like a dork now!
Smoke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying the series but there is too much going on right now. We got the kages fighting, naruto and co. fighting, sasuke preparing for battle, jugo and suigetsu searching, the list goes on. As a reader you hope to get some substance out of every chapter but with so much going on and only 20 pages or so its difficult. Some chapters are better than others. I'm still addicted to the series but sometimes I wish I could take a month off so I have more to read. hehe

sidenote: Am I the only one that wanted to see Kakashi, Guy, and the gang fight the 7 swordmen? But instead we see the swordmen (and some other revived ninja) and the manga cuts to the other battles. Now kakashi joins naruto's fight so i assume they beat them. tragic Confused
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
So next month can we rename this thread "For Shonen Jump Advanced Readers"?

Just a suggestion, seeing as many of those readers'll be hopping on board [along with people on this thread who I assume'll be jumping to SJA rather than continuing with pirate sites]
hidansama92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Well last chapter really didn't do much for me. We see that the Kyuubi has a soft side of sorts (something we already knew) and can easily predict Kyuubi will save Naruto next chapter. But the first few pages made me think of a prediction I saw a while back. What if Sasuke tests his new eyes on Suigetsu and Juugo? Really hate to see it, the two being some of my favorite characters but would make sense, Sasuke offically disbanding Hebi. And get to see what all the Eternal Makengyo can do
Smoke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Up into this point i was wondering spoiler["how the hell are they gonna pull off naruto and co. defeating someone as powerful as madara (possibly) w/ sharingan/rinnigan and the jinchuriki at his disposal?" Now, after seeing naruto talk with "son goku" the 4-tails and it giving him the ol "This kid really has a good heart" line. I'm leaning towards the solution being naruto convincing the tailed beast to fight along side him.] Typical? yes, but that's the only solution I see at this time. Its seems like the writer is stalling til then..I mean how is naruto still using nine tails chakra mode? He went against every con they said about it; don't use it for long periods of time, don't use shadow clones, and don't over use abilities.
hidansama92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Smoke wrote:
Up into this point i was wondering spoiler["how the hell are they gonna pull off naruto and co. defeating someone as powerful as madara (possibly) w/ sharingan/rinnigan and the jinchuriki at his disposal?" Now, after seeing naruto talk with "son goku" the 4-tails and it giving him the ol "This kid really has a good heart" line. I'm leaning towards the solution being naruto convincing the tailed beast to fight along side him.] Typical? yes, but that's the only solution I see at this time. Its seems like the writer is stalling til then..I mean how is naruto still using nine tails chakra mode? He went against every con they said about it; don't use it for long periods of time, don't use shadow clones, and don't over use abilities.

Same here, I felt this whole war was hopeless when Kabuto brought back all the Akaktsuki and Kages, but now I see how Masashi was able to write in these miracalous ways of rekilling everyone. As far as the Bijuus go, probbaly Goku's gonna tell Naruto how to control them (like Shodai) and Tobi will see a parrell between the two.

Also, love the DBZ refrence. The jinchuuriki was Roushi, his Bijuu a giant monkey, and now it's named Son Goku, classic Masashi.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Anybody think they could've started up the tailed beast character development earlier?
Aizen-sama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
Anybody think they could've started up the tailed beast character development earlier?

I believe now is a good time to reveal the tailed beast identities because the I feel Naruto is winding to a close after this major arc, and if it does I'd be happy with that.
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, considering that Gaara's own storyline dealt so greatly with the tailed beasts, I suppose one could say that they were already developing it to a degree. I don't think it was all that neglected.
Smoke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Wondering how a manga about ninjas becomes a manga about giant "godzilla style" beast fighting each other. I mean one of the best things about the series are its creative and tactical fights. These beast fights are slow, cliche, and not tactical at all. I hate fights that come down to "who's blast is the strongest". Its just extremely corny.

all is not lost just yet
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, Kaiju fights are a common aspect of so many of these shounen fighting series that I half-expected to see one from the beginning.
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Kind of a revelation that spoiler[Karin is in fact an Uzumaki.] Sucks that the titualr character of the manga knows almost nothing about his own clan this late on. The other question I have though is, which of Naruto's parents married into the clan? You'd think it was his mother, but the more family members get revealed the more similar they are to his mother.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Karin is an Uzumaki! Cool I suspected that a while ago. It's all about the red hair!

Red Swirl, Kushina Uzumaki was born of the Uzumaki clan. Her backstory made that completely clear. She never took on Minato's last name.

Chapter 579: spoiler[It's kind of sweet to see Itachi and Sasuke work together. Especially is they can tease each other! "Dr. Snake" Laughing

Kabuto is even more creepy than I gave him credit for.

One question though: Why doesn't Tsunade have a slug Sage Mode? It would be gross, but she should still have that power!]
Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 72 of 79