• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ro-Kyu-Bu! Lolita Tote Bag, T-Shirt Offered in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote
Oh temptation

Oh DESIRE
scineram

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 am Reply with quote
"Elementary school girls are great!"

Not convinced, but the ones in this sure are. Tomoka just HHHNNNNNNNNGGG!

Well, best show this season. Ok, second best, Pingdrama just ownz.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote
I'm hearing a lot of buzz lately about this anime Ro-Kyu-Bu. It just might have to get picked up and released in North America one of these days.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
I'm hearing a lot of buzz lately about this anime Ro-Kyu-Bu. It just might have to get picked up and released in North America one of these days.

You're about 2 months late...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-22/sentai-adds-ro-kyu-bu-anime

And you can watch it on TAN currently.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Ro-Kyu-Bu-Fast-Break/Watch
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
I personally find this to be much more convincing.

Time to ruin this for you. Wink

Quote:
As of 2009, the British watchdog organization Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) reports...

The second I read "We traced", I stopped reading. Anything beyond those words can not be construed as "fact".

To put this in perspective, let's use ANN. The servers are hosted in the US. Its images are hosted on the servers. Its information is supplied by users from around the world, including the images.

If IWF were to trace the anime images, it's logical to assume the "US" would come out as #1 as there is no way to trace beyond ANN without its assistance.

In the future, I would recommend you not use a "watchdog" report to justify an argument. The sole purpose of these organizations is to skew the numbers to serve the interest of parties who fund the research.

It's equivalent to reading piracy reports by the RIAA or MPAA.

On topic now.
Show this t-shirt at an anime convention, and the room divides itself, pointing fingers at each other.

Put this t-shirt on an elementary school girl holding up an award for making honors, and no one has a problem with the text.

Context. To bad this doesn't come in pill form.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quote
You know part of me wants to get this bag and hang it up on a wall just for shock value, I guess that makes me a bad person though, wanting to buy somthing to potentially freak someone out...but then again would'nt be the 1st time I've done somthing like that. (Remembers the time he bought his cousin chocolate covered crickets.)

But yeah, gotta say, personally I would have gone with "I Love Basketball" if I were the one making merch for the series,considering thats what the show is about, but i'm just zany like that. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

But yeah, gotta say, personally I would have gone with "I Love Basketball" if I were the one making merch for the series,considering thats what the show is about, but i'm just zany like that. Laughing

Nobody watches it for the basketball. Razz
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:21 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Nobody watches it for the basketball. Razz

Aww come on, there must be one person somewhere who watches it for the basketball first and the lolis second.

But yeah, the shirts don't seem like the best idea. It'd probably fair better if the design was on a mousepad or something that you don't wear out in public.
Max465

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmm...I would love to get one for the lolz, but the sane person in me knows that I'll get like maybe one to three chuckles if I'm lucky, then 20% of people will look away from me in disgust, 65% will Beat me til I bleed, and the remaining 14.99999999999% will come at me with shotguns.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Quote:
As of 2009, the British watchdog organization Internet Watch Foundation (IWF) reports...

The second I read "We traced", I stopped reading. Anything beyond those words can not be construed as "fact".

To put this in perspective, let's use ANN. The servers are hosted in the US. Its images are hosted on the servers. Its information is supplied by users from around the world, including the images.

If IWF were to trace the anime images, it's logical to assume the "US" would come out as #1 as there is no way to trace beyond ANN without its assistance.

In the future, I would recommend you not use a "watchdog" report to justify an argument. The sole purpose of these organizations is to skew the numbers to serve the interest of parties who fund the research.

The sole purpose of the IWF is "to minimise the availability of potentially criminal internet content" and they are self-regulated (although funded by "internet service providers (ISPs), mobile operators, content providers, hosting providers, filtering companies, search providers, trade associations and the financial sector"). The only content hosted outside the UK that is within their remit is "images of child sexual abuse". The geographical distribution, by continent, of child sexual abuse webpages known to the IWF during 2010 is:
Quote:
Confirmed child sexual abuse URLs by location (continent) of hosting provider
Asia: 16.95% (2,839)
Australia: 0.01% (1)
Europe (including Russia): 40.82% (6,829)
North America: 42.15% (7,058)
South America: 0.07% (12)

These are facts and I have not reason to dispute them. If these images were hosted on ANN then yes, this would be reported as the US. To use an actual example that caused us problems when I worked at an ISP, a single Wikipedia page ("Virgin Killer", due to the NSFW album cover art) was put on the IWF list and again, this would come under North America on this particular report rather than Germany (where this particular image originated).
I'm not sure exactly what problem you have with this though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3