• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolibri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

You're so adorable Very Happy I wanna put you in my pocket so I don't lose you.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
Name: Ryan

Sex: Male

Drink/Smoke: I drink mostly at parties and I don't smoke.

Likes: I really like video games (Halo, Dota, Gears, FF, many more), anime..., and movies. Working on my fan site. I also like to garden.

Dislikes: Dishonesty, other then that I'm easy going.

Favorite Anime: Elfen Lied, Now and Then, Here and There, Last Exile, Read or Die, Scrapped Princess

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Hellsing

Favorite Books: R. A. Salvatore (Author), A Song of Ice and Fire (Series), The Da Vinci Code, Lord of the Rings

Favorite Game: Dota, Halo, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII

Favorite TV Shows/Movies: Simpsons, V for Vendetta, News, Some others that I can't think of now.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Football, Golf

Favorite Sport (to play): Golf, Tennis

Favorite Music: I really like almost anything besides rap. One of my favorites from anime at least is the OST's from .hack//sign

Fun Facts: trackstar1013 is actually the name of the radio in the simpsons car, the 1013 is a made up station. I have had the handle for almost 10 years now. I am taking Business Administration at SAIT, with a major in Finance. Hopefully I can either become a stock broker or a banker, I haven't narrowed my field yet. I'm just finishing my first year.

Pictures: Me at the Blind Monk bar
After the Blind Monk... actually I'm not passed out, the ground just looked really comfortable Razz
See what I get for it! Twisted Evil
Me at SAIT with one of my friends

Here is the link to my public anime list(ignore the comments)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Alright, here's 2 more of me that were taken earlier today, so you can get a more recent version of me. I think I'll also post them in the Answerman thread.

Me
Me and my 2 year old nephew and 7 year old niece

Aw, you look like a pretty fun and sweet uncle there... You get a thumbs up for that!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Name: I don't like to give that out over the internet

Ethnicity:I believe I am Swedish

Religion: Christian

Likes: anime (no surprise), my friends and family, Netflix (the greatest thing the internet ever came up with)

Dislikes: most pop music (including J-Pop sorry), most reality TV shows

Favorite anime: most of the anime that is on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Kamichu!, Fruits Basket, anything by Studio Ghibli

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I really don’t read much

Favorite Books: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Of Mice and Men, Ellen Foster, the short story Lamb to the Slaughter

Favorite game: Oakmi, NCAA Football 2007

Favorite TV shows:Mythbusters, Around the Horn, Rome is Burning, House, Law & Order, American Inventor, WWE, would Looney Tunes count
Favorite Movies: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Twister, The Blues Brothers, Night at the Museum, The Longest Yard (new version)

Favorite Drink: Milk

Favorite Foods: rice, bacon, french toast

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Myspace, Hattrick

Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey, Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, Frisbee

Favorite Music: Mostly Classic Rock but I do like some newer rock, some country, and even some rap

Job: I dream of coming a weatherman

Fun facts
I had a band march named after me when I was little
I had a 100 averege in History one time

Favorite Quotes:
Daffy Duck: "Well I say he does have to shoot me now, so shoot me now." " Hey, come here! Give me a close-up. A close-up! This is a close-up? A close-up, you jerk! A close-up!"

Yes: "Don't surround yourself with yourself"

My brother: "You hear what they're talking about, don't ever to what they're talking about"

Kamichu! (paraphrasing I think): "Last night I kind of turned into a god."
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I know this may seem like shameless advertising for my other thread, but I want to update my Favorite Music by telling you all about a band named Scoobie Do. They are my favorite J-band right now ever since Do As Infinity broke up. And boy howdy, do they rock!

For those who have seen Gungrave and listened to the ending song countless times like me, a lot of their other songs rock just as much, so I made a thread in hopes of spreading their popularity. Please give the thread a look, as I've linked some of their PVs from Youtube.

I get a real sense of uplifting mellowness every time I hear them. Ah~ such a great band! Anime catgrin
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
sweet big sister kolibri wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

You're so adorable Very Happy I wanna put you in my pocket so I don't lose you.

TestamentSaki wrote:
Aw, you look like a pretty fun and sweet uncle there... You get a thumbs up for that!

Awwww, thanks ladies! You're making me blush right now, can you tell? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Heh, anytime Anime hyper. Guess it's time for a little payback for all the times people here made me blush! Twisted Evil
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay, since everyone is dying to know,

Name: Eric Jay Corbett Jr.

Current Location: Savannah, GA

Ethnicity: African American

Drink/Smoke: Hell No

Martial Status: Single for too long now, but not much longer….

Likes: Video games, anime, girls, money, debating, besting people

Dislikes: Too many come to mind

Favorite Anime: Evangelion, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist, Gungrave, Samurai X, DBZ, Gundam, Grave of the Fire Flies

Favorite Manga: Ruroni Kenshin, GetBackers

Favorite Game: Most of Nintendo, Final Fantasy, Xenosaga, Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden, Shadow of the Colossus

Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball

Favorite Sport (to play): Football

Favorite Music: rock, rap, anything that sounds good

Education/Job Status: Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree of Science in Game Design and Simulation Programming online with Devry University. Working full time as an electrician

Favorite Food: Ice cream, Jersey style pizza

Strange Facts: Despite the dismay of my family, I sing along to the openings and closings of anime quite often. Even though I'm tone deaf and can't speak a word of Japanese.
MasterYeshua

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I guess I'm the only African American male on this site? I was surprised by the number of Xenosaga fans though.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
MasterYeshua wrote:
Wow, I guess I'm the only African American male on this site? I was surprised by the number of Xenosaga fans though.

No. You're not alone. I'm an African American male, too. It's just that I haven't posted my pictures yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Haha i love filling these out!

Name: Stephanie K.

Sex: Female

Current Location: Somewhere between San Francisco and San Jose, California.

Ethnicity: Ethinically Chinese, culturally Indonesian, born in America.

Drink/Smoke: I'm a good little girl.

Martial Status: Single, of course

Likes: L'Arc~en~Ciel, anime, j-music, cute things, animals, Thai iced tea.

Dislikes: Loud close minded people.

Favorite Anime: Gankutsuou, Ouran, Seirei no Moribito, Darker than Black, RahXephon, Hare+Guu

Favorite Manga: Currently undecided.

Favorite Game: Phoenix Wright and Pokemon. >=D

Favorite Sport (to watch): None

Favorite Sport (to play): I like swimming. Otherwise, I hurt myself in sports. ^^;

Favorite Music: Generally I like j-rock, but I don't listen to that many groups. mostly it's Laruku. I also like j-pop. Also I enjoy jazz and classical.

Education/Job Status: A highschool girl with usually a GPA above a 4.0. Although I've only completed sophmore year, so I don't know how i will fare in AP classes next year. At least I'm only taking 3.

Favorite Food: Thai iced tea? Hmmm.. I'm a really picky eater. I like hamburgers. Or anything grilled or barbequed. Then again, I'm not too sure of the difference.

Strange Facts: I hold in my sneezes, so I make a AHH-cht noise. It's a bad habit. Also I like to read food nutrition labels for no reason (not likie the amount of fat is going to stop me from eating snacks)
Asako

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: uhm.. Trish Smile but Asako is good too since it's my Japanese name
Sex: Female
Blood Type: I wish I knew
Marital Status: Will be married in 2009
Ethnicity: 3/4th Japanese 1/4th Korean
Religion: Agnostic... but I'm more agreeable with Buddhism and Shinto
Drink/Smoke: No smoking, I drink to be social but I've only been drunk once! And that was about 2 weeks ago! It was my goal to do it before I was 28...
Likes: uhm.. World of Warcraft, computer gaming, console gaming, arcade gaming, drawing, reading, languages, programming, computers, and discussions with lots of thought in them.
Dislikes: Liars..., and being treated like a help desk for computers.
Favorite anime: I haven't got one, but Video Girl Ai was up there for a while. I enjoy so many that I don't really have a favorite just yet.
Favorite Manga: Maybe... Yakitate!! Japan right now Smile I like the flow.. but I don't technically have a favorite manga.
Favorite Books: I like Terry Pratchett works and authors that write about Asia history, even if it is fiction literature. I have a certificate in Asian Studies and focusing my study on Japanese Language. Chinese also interests me Literature and History wise. So I like to see what people write about.
Favorite game: (computer)Myst series, (arcade)Ms. Pac-man, (console).... none yet Smile
Favorite TV shows/Movies: I don't have a favorite for this either... but of recent movies that I loved would be The Fountain, Surfs Up, and The Illusionist and The Prestige (I liked both). I love so many movies, and hardly am disappointed at the theater. But there are clearly some movies that are better than others...
Favorite Drink: Hot Chocolate! Or Milk Tea, and Ramune.
Non-Alcoholic Drink: DOH! I thought.... nevermind Shocked
Favorite Foods: Lasagna Smile I also enjoy fish cooked almost any way except deep fried. Steak is okay.. but if I eat too much of it I get sick...
Favorite Sites: AnimeNewsNetwork, Shinraonline, The Onion, and my local newspaper.
Favorite Sport (to watch): Hockey!! Of course.
Favorite Sport (to play): I'm not very good with sports, but I did bowl for my school and won championships before...
Favorite Music: I don't classify myself as liking a genre... but I just like what I hear. So I like lots of things across the board. What I seem to enjoy the most is Alternative.
Job: Office slave, and Best Buy Part-Timer
Hobbies: Collecting anime dvds, and some manga. I also like building models! And painting them, etc.
Fun facts about Asako:
Arrow Has a cat named Tweak! which is adorable!
Arrow Is probably more interested in American comics than manga.
Arrow Left-handed!
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
shirokiryuu wrote:
Strange Facts: I hold in my sneezes, so I make a AHH-cht noise. It's a bad habit. Also I like to read food nutrition labels for no reason (not likie the amount of fat is going to stop me from eating snacks)

I do those too, especially reading the nutrition label. That's when I figured that poptarts contain the same ingredients as a candle. Confused

Asako wrote:
Job: Office slave, and Best Buy Part-Timer

I'm guessing Office slave doesn't pay too well? Anime hyper
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
shirokiryuu wrote:

I do those too, especially reading the nutrition label. That's when I figured that poptarts contain the same ingredients as a candle. Confused

Why am I not surprised? Laughing

Today from reading nutrition labels, I've learned that powdered wasabi is not the same as real wasabi. It's just horseradish and spirulina.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
I hope my trip to Ireland is going to be more exciting than my trip to Thailand.

<3 <3 <3 I'm sure it will be. I looooove Ireland; the time I spent living there was probably the best time in my life. Which part will you be visiting, or will you be traveling?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 233