• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pleinair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Pleinair wrote:
Oh, and yay dumpster diving(that's just what I'll call it)! That's how I get my bookshelves when I can, and anything else.

Well, we aren't really dumpster diving. We're doing our job and it's just...there. I'm also not a fan of the term "dumpster diving" because it makes me sound like I'm homeless and actively searching for these things (not implying you are, though).

I hesitated using the term myself, in case of offending you, so my apologies. That's how I see it too, minus the it's my job thing, I'm just taking what they don't want.
Awesome use of head-panties, btw.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Me offended? Did you miss the part where I said I love racist jokes? It's more like it's just dirty and I believe I'm a dignified, civil individual (at least compared to some of the people we pick up...).

egoist wrote:
Wow, The King of Harts. That hair is more convenient than a multi-tool. Wink

Oh yea. That baby doubled as a chick magnet when I was in high school.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

asimpson2006 wrote:
Arrow Regarding the martial arts, I've studied three styles, obtained at least one black belt (Tae Kwon Do 1st Degree Black Belt), and two under belts (Ikkyu (1st grade purple belt) in Judo, and a Yonkyu (4th grade green belt) in Freestyle Karate. If I wa still active at the moment I would be at least a shodan (1st Degree black belt) in Freestyle Karate or very close to or being at the rank of Nidan (2nd degree black belt).

I WANT TO FIGHT YOU! I've gone against and held my own against wrestlers, but never a karate person. I've thought about doing karate myself, but I just don't have the motivation now since my body is one big wreck. I could still muster enough to spar, though.

With the opens wounds on my body it would be impossible for me to spar anyone right now. If I tried now it would look half assed and just be horrible to what I used to be able to do. If you would have told me that 3.5 years earlier before all my surgeries, then I wouldn't have had a problem then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

I'm 19 and I'll be 20 in late August. I'm shocked when I remember how young I am, feels like I've been alive forever. Doesn't help that I was, like, the 4th youngest to graduate in my class (17 years and 284 days 13 hours 55 minutes 6 seconds)

No way. You act way older. Your posting style (real words, not straight text speak) makes you seem as old, like Blood- Just a joke, no need to kill me. I'm going to be a young graduate too! Stupid, August birthdays... But it's nice to know I'm not such a baby.

That was a very interesting introduction, including the Shuffle! panties.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:
That was a very interesting introduction, including the Shuffle! panties.

Indeed. To make up for the awesomeness of Harts' introduction I shall post a very boring, creepy, and poor introduction sometime before 2011; that is, if I don't die till then. But if I die, I'll come back and take over Harts' body, so I could type(I'll also shave his head while at it).

Well, I just had time to read your full introduction, Harts. Let's say that I was too dizzy last night(me eyes kept trembling as I moved my face closer to the screen to check the time, while trying to close the left eye to get a better view, which was a complete fail/disaster).

"Before 2011" came quite soon, huh.

Name: Screw that. If you remember it from my old introduction, good for you.

Sex: I'm a male. I had a gay interaction with a friend back when I was 8-9. No, it didn't involve kissing, nor genitals.

Drink and smoke: I certainly do. Don't be surprised if you catch me drunk around here.

Status: I'm single, and not looking. I work 7 days a week; about 60 hours in total. And it's been over a month since my last day off. I do enjoy working though.

Blood type: I don't know the name, I just know that it's a very perverted lineage.

Age: 36. But if you really want to know the real age, it's 20. Born in Italy, 7 April 1989.

Religion: I dislike groups. It's not that I wouldn't want a god to exist, and even if it did, I wouldn't be grouping with a bunch of... yeah.

Pets: Too much trouble, so I killed my ferret. No I gave it away.

Likes: Hmm, that's hard. Well, I'll go with anime, girls, movies/cinema, computer, to post, and Rancorous' mom.

Dislikes: Everyone else but me, even me. No, no, no, not that, not that. I dislike many things, but few memorable things, memorable things that weren't that memorable and were forgotten.

Favorite anime: Bah. Anything I rated over "Excellent".

Favorite drinks: Juice is what I drink daily, since I've abandoned water long ago. I also enjoy whisky, milkshake, coke, coconut water, sugar cane juice, and a few others that weren't that memorable after all.

Favorite Foods: Muzzarella pizza, nearly all other fast food, pasta, chicken wings with chips drowned in catchup and mayonnaise, and some others that weren't that memorable after all.

Sports: I used to like football. That's all.

Favorite Music: It comes and goes. I usually avoid anything that sounds gay, that is, according to my standard. Macho Man expresses my machoness, so I like it.

I'm white. As white as white chocolate. I can see my veins sometimes.

For short, I do drink, smoke, and do many other things other people consider bad.
My affection for boobies isn't as big as shown in my posts.
I don't like you, but I don't dislike you either, thus I'd say we could get along.
I dislike people grouping me with others(perverts, smokers, drinkers, boobie-maniac, otaku(and that other American term)). Just so your mom know, I'm kind of not so like them in my own way. Just so you know, so that I won't need to point out what's there to be mocked.
While I currently hold many titles, such as: ignorance, hypocrisy, perverseness, stupidity, corruption, greed, lust(and the other FMA characters too), and so on, I don't get along with others who also possess the same quality.
I don't specially enjoy popcorn, pie, cake, or pancake, regardless, I'll mention it here and there as if it's some sort of sacred food.
I enjoy when my words make little, or no sense at all. You'll hardly catch me having a serious conversation, but a good way to confirm that is to look for "[expletive]".
I dislike acting aggressively, even though I'm impulsively aggressive. I may not look like it, and that's because I smoke, thus making it easier to control.
No, I'm not hulk. [expletive] you.
Love is something I'll never obtain, just so you understand whenever I'm criticizing romantic anime. Besides the great boredom romance brings.
I was depressed and locked myself inside home when I was 16 for 6 months. Suicide was an option I considered back then. Nowadays I try to live my life as it should be, no rushing for happiness, and just letting it take its time to flow. I've decided to have a happy life, and an even happier death.
I dislike boredom, and I consider it by far worse than any other mental state.
The world isn't mine, yet, but my body and mind definitely is.
I've been living by myself, with my parents' money, obviously, since I was 13. Nowadays I do sustain myself with my own money.
I don't dislike my family, but I don't like it either. I consider them some sort of strangers, thus I've decided not to make any contact.

It's already quite long, so I'll stop here. What? No fancy bold text? Fudge you. What? No picture? There's a miserable one a few pages back. I look like Samuel L. Jackson.

If I do die, though, I'll still take over Harts' body just to shave his head.
Salrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:10 am Reply with quote
Name: Shaun - Salrog(I use Salrog so that no one will know my RL name)

Sex: Male

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Heinz 57, not to sure honestly Sad

Religion: Agnostic

Pets: No pets currently though I love dogs, I want to get an Akita Inu when I ETS.

Drink/Smoke: I don't smoke and find it to be a huge turnoff. I only drink socially. I may also drink when I have sleep anxiety, on holidays, after a bad night(s) of gaming/raiding, or when I'm at a special event.

Likes: Video games(typically PC), Anime, swimming, snowboarding, bowling.

Dislikes: Potatoes, the color orange, the phrases your dumb and I could care less, stereotypes, hyprocrites(when I'm not being hypocritical), people that write in rainbow / bright colors on forums, Jello, and lastly mudslide mix mixed with Cookie dough ice cream(worst idea ever).

Favorite anime(s): Code Geass season 1/2, Death Note, and Baccano! is growing me more the 2nd time through.

Favorite Manga: I've only really read Gantz, Ga-Rei, Naruto, and Bleach but with my limited knowledge base I really can't say that I have a favorite.

Favorite game: RPG = FF4 SNES, RTS = Starcraft, MMO = WoW, 2D = Super Mario Bros 3.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Futureama, Family Guy, The Simpsons, The Matrix, Fight Club, Superhero Movie, Boondock Saints, Entourage, and House. I don't watch much TV though.

Favorite Drink: Crown

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Mtn Dew, chocolate milk, and eggnog.

Favorite Foods: Stuffed Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza, med/rare rib eye steak, and grilled baby back ribs.

Favorite Sites: Ebay, Anandtech, ANN, Google, Blizzard, YouTube, and Hulu.

Favorite Sport (to watch): College Football (gogo BSU).

Favorite Sport (to play): Soccer and Bowling.

Favorite Music: Most modern / alt rock. Rise Against, Disturbed, Green Day, Sum 41, Skillet, along with a ton of others.

Job: Military 25Q - I'm currently working with a mobile satellite terminal. Before joining the military I worked for HP in both Presales and retail support.

Favorite Quotes: Not really my favorite per say but I found them highly entertaining. Things I've learned from anime/games:

"If you’re 14, have hair covering your eyes and live in a small village, man up, because you’re going to have to save the world."

"Despite what logic dictates, the ideal shape for a war robot is not squat, armored, with a low center of gravity, but a bipedal humanoid. Ideally with hands to hold a gun, rather than built in weaponry."

"Futuristic warfare will be replaced in the future by building a very large number of Mecha on the battlefield and then attacking the enemy’s strongest point head-on with hundreds of them at once."

"Ignoring the fact that modern weapons systems are effective over hundreds of miles, in the future all space/air/sea combat will be conducted within about 50 yards of the enemy."

Pictures:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/409/picture149jl5.jpg

Last edited by Salrog on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
@ asimpson2006 - sorry for being so nosy, but I've seen you mention your health problem before and I've always wondered specifically what it is. Feel free to tell me to mind my own damn business, I deserve it.

And as for the puzzle you put forth: let's see, your first name is Anthony and your last name is included in your nic. So that means your full name is... is... uh... lessee, it would be... Anthony Asimpson!

Whut I win?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

Quote:
I look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Shocked *scratches head* ???

I have these purple and red streaks running up and down the area between my heels and my ankles, varicose veins run in my family and I've had mine since I was about 10.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I enjoy when my words make little, or no sense at all.

About the veins; it's not specifically just one part of the body. My veins are thicker than your average person, which would be good if I were to practice sports. Add that to my whiteness. But I'm quite proud and hairy, so I like them.

Oh, yeah. If you ever come to England and hear a car's stereo playing Macho Man, that means that you've most likely found me. I play it just for the lols, you absolutely need to see the faces I get. I don't own a cowboy hat for nothing.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I can't fix the picture because I don't have it anymore, but I can meet your request. Booyah:

You receive 10 cool points for that! Wink

BTW; did any of your concussions look like mine?

egoist wrote:

I can see my veins too. In fact, I've been told that I have "slammer-veins" because they tend to swell up to ridiculous sizes, especially in the heat. But I've never even tried anything stronger than "that one" herb. And with my heavy-metal look, I'm not sure how many people actually believe that claim. It's true, Dammit!!!
SoandSo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote
LOL Standards...for introductions.

Haven't been on this site for very long, and since I only post on one or two threads with any sort of frequency, I never saw the point of introducing myself formally. But in the name of community, I thought I'd finally give this a shot.

Name: Boris Foust. Jr, actually. Named after my father, who was sorta named after his mother, Doris. Yep...adorable, huh? -_-

Sex: Ah ish a dood.

Location: I'm in a chilly little corner of Chester, VA at the moment, though I've been working toward greener pastures. Somewhere exotic and interesting and not quite so boondocky and much, much warmer. Outer San Fran, mayhaps?

Marital Status: Taken, I'm afraid. ;p Can't say that anything's looking like it's headed for marraige, though.

Age: I'll be Two-and-Two come August 2nd. People are always shocked when they learn my age; they usually guess around 18. Apperantly, I look(and sound) "as young as a pup." Guess I don't really feel "old." Should I?

Ethnicity: I'm a sweet mullatto treat; milk chocolate on the outside, vanilla bean within. A reverse Milano, if you will.

Actually no, I'm black, just lighter-skinned than usual. And no, noone in my immediate family hails from Africa. My heritage isn't terribly diverse , to be honest, but I am a quarter Ookaneechi(or however you spell that tribe name), so there's a pinch of nutmeg in there, too. Hehe oh God -_-

Body Type: 5' 9", 120.5 lbs. Skinny as a rail, tall as a beansprout, and topped with afro-y goodness. Basically, think a Q-tip. I'm nowhere near bulemic, just blessed with a very gracious metabolism that somehow manages to keep up with my ravenous appetite for food, sweets and sodie-pop. Once I hit 30, I'll balloon out like Albert(the Fat version, FYI), but I'll be exploiting my gifts till then like a good American.

Pets: Just one; the single most oppurtunistic, sneakiest, obnoxious little thief of an Australian Silky Terrier you'll ever meet. And I luves him, but let me catch him in my room, tipping my trash can for the SIX BILLIONTH TIME and getting pawprints on my carpet, tablet and such, and ooooh child, the cursewords will be flowin' like wine.

Also had a few Budgies once. They turned me off to birds forever. The squaking...the squaking.

Drink/Smoke: Hate both, the former more for the taste. Beer? Warm cow piss. Martinis? Like chugging Nyquil. Rum and bourbon? AAUUGHHH Call me a sissypants or a nancyboy or a rageye punk*** bi***, but I've always been privvy to the brigthly-hued, super-sweet fruity drinks where the flavor drowns out the wretchedly bitter alcohol taste. Not that I go around asking to go Easy on the Tini; I rarely ever drink at all.

As for smoking, hate it. I don't care if others do; I'll go to non-smoking sections and if trapped with a random sucker of the ash, I'll do the whole COUGHHACKWHEEZEAHEM, but I never begrudge anyone for their choices. But I'll never do it myself. Cancer, addiction and teeth to rival the English just aren't worthy risks for the road to Flavor Country.

Favorite Game: I'm a Nintendo guy, through and through, though for a while there, I had every current console sittin pretty under my tv, a sprawling mass of cables so thick if three people in my culdesac flipped a switch at the same time, it'd create an electrical fire you could see from space. Other than Nintendo classics old and modern, most faves stem from the Golden Age of PS2 and Dreamcast, RIP.

Favorite TV Show: Don't actually watch much tv other than Comedy Central, Adult Swim(for some reason; force of habit, I suppose) and NBC's thurdsay night comedies. God, that block is golden.

Fave shows? Arrested Development, The Office(NBC version), 30 Rock, Daria, King of the Hill, Venture Brothers, Stella, Frisky Dingo, Archer, Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Family Guy(in its good years) and Xplay(again, force of habit from its halcyon days.)

Favorite Drink: Oooooh child, if you only knew the sheer volume of sweet, sugary and calorie-loaded swill I down every day; soda, milkshakes, juice, pussy fruit wine. It's no small miracle I'm not the Crown King of Liquid Diabeetus.

Faves include Pepsi, Sunkist and frosty chocolate milkshakes. Yes, I drink water, too, I'm not THAT much of a wreck, but it's just soooo boring. Laughing

Favorite Sites: Not many actually. Ign, Giantbomb, Final Fantasy Shrine Forums/Galbadia Hotel, SomethingAwful(mostly just the Let's Play Archive) and the reviews here. I don't frequent too many forums, and contribute even less.

Favorite Food: Don't even...just to keep it short, chicken and meat in general, pastas, pizza, seafood...honestly, I'll try anything new once, and enjoy going to new, interesting restaurants to sample new flavors and styles. As long as my stomach's engine can still burn it all, I'm a proud foodie, and it's a wonder I don't watch the Food Network.

Wait, no it isn't. Watching people eat is disgusting.

Job: In college, but balancing two jobs at Gamestop and Lowes, as well as writing anime, game and OST reviews and published local columns, as well as fiction pieces for myself. Writing's my passion...well, maybe that's too strong a word. I'm not really a passionate person, but I am pursuing it, and making a career out of it.

Favorite Anime: RahXephon, the best thing to have ever thinged. EVER. Actuall, if it's by Bones and isnt' a sequel series, chances are I love it oodles. Barring those, there's Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Planetes, Please Save My Earth, GITS: SAC, Memories: Magnetic Rose, One Piece, Death Note, Kemonozume, Utena, Last Exile, Mitchiko e Hatchin, Macross Plus, Now and Then, Noein, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal and ROD The Tv.

Favorite Music: I don't actually follow too many bands by name, though I'm heavily into 80's stuff. But anime music...I'm an Ost NUT. Anime, video games, films, all that great stuff. I've always been more into soundtrack work for its superior variety in genre and emtion and for its penchant for full orchestral work.

Yoko Kanno's my goddess, of course, but it's a shame Taku Iwasaki never gets namedropped as much; they're both geniuses. And don't get me started on Oshima, Imahori, Hisaishi, Terashima, Kawai, Kajiura, Nanase, Tanaka, Hirano, Sagisu, Haishima, Amano, Otani AUUGHH Soooo much to love.

Favorite Sport to Play: Blech, no. Don't do sports. Wathcing a slug wathing paint dry is more entertaining.

Favorite Sport to Watch: See above. Though I'll gladly watch a good LP. Smile In the process of shooting one maself.

No Fun Facts cause Fun Facts are stupid and I'm tired and we just started dating. Get to know me a little first. ;3 Now if for some reason you want to gaze upon my hideousness, scope these out.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3903/1178605178naotasnap012.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9361/1178605493naotasnap003.jpg

They're a few years old, but if anything I've lost weight. Damn. Sad
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ asimpson2006 - sorry for being so nosy, but I've seen you mention your health problem before and I've always wondered specifically what it is. Feel free to tell me to mind my own damn business, I deserve it.

And as for the puzzle you put forth: let's see, your first name is Anthony and your last name is included in your nic. So that means your full name is... is... uh... lessee, it would be... Anthony Asimpson!

Whut I win?

Simpson is my last name.

I'll pm you about my condition, it is just easier that way.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Please don't feel like you have to, asimpson2006 - it really is none of my business. I just have a curiosity about my fellow posters, is all. I actually feel kind of bad for asking in the first place. Embarassed
Salrog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Finished my intro, went ahead and posted a few quotes and a pic from a few weeks before my deployment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
A big ANN welcome to both salrog and Soandso.
Quote:

"If you’re 14, have hair covering your eyes and live in a small village, man up, because you’re going to have to save the world."

Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 96 of 233