• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
But Italian food is so pervasive in our society that to not like it is no less un-American than not liking McDonalds or meat and potatoes. Most people even think pizza is American food (hey Psycho isn't pizza as we know it an American invention but the concept probably had its origins in Greece or Rome?).

Call me un-American but I'll take lasagna, chow mein or burritos over actual American food any day.

And speaking of freckles, I got freckles for a short period of my childhood but I don't get them anymore. Does that mean I outgrew my Irishness? Or that could be my Scandinavian side which tends to have more uniformity to their pigmentation.

Anyway woot yay me, my intro is on pg 1 of this thread if anyone is curious Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
But Italian food is so pervasive in our society that to not like it is no less un-American than not liking McDonalds or meat and potatoes. Most people even think pizza is American food (hey Psycho isn't pizza as we know it an American invention but the concept probably had its origins in Greece or Rome?).

Call me un-American but I'll take lasagna, chow mein or burritos over actual American food any day.

Then you need me to make some homemade contemporary American dishes for you and show you the REAL American food. Oh yea. I agree though I'd still take Italian lol. Speaking of intros I should probably go update mine lol. Been a few years since I did it back on like page 5 or 6 lol. I'm old.
albert35077

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 am Reply with quote
Hi guys im new at this please dont flame me too severly.
P.S. I hope you dont mind Delta, but i borrowed your format

Name: Albert

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: I dont know the specifics but I do know that im of Cherokee, Choctaw, Irish, Scottish and English decsent.

Pets: Male Rat Terrier adopted from a local shelter

Drink/Smoke: used to smoke occasionally but quit. used to drink lightly but had some trouble so im just waiting till i turn 21

Likes: Let's see... Movies, T.V. Anime,Classic Rock, comic books, canoeing, fishing, camping

Dislikes: getting up early, not having a job, being broke.

Favorite anime: haven't watched a whole lot but here's my top 5: Last Exile, Zoids Chaotic Century, G Gundam, Gun x Sword, DBZ

Favorite Manga: haven't read any mangas im brokle and cant buy any

Favorite Books: Way to hard to pick favorites. but if you were to guess a star wars novel that'd be pretty close

Favorite game: Again, hard to decide a favorite... but SW:KoTOR comes to mind along with LoZ:Ocarina of Time

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Star Wars, some Star Trek(who says you cant like both?) LOST, Frenquency, HULK vs. Wolverine, Cellular.(Tons more that i cant think of its like 2:30 AM and im kind of foggy lol)

Favorite Drink: Pina' Colada

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Southern Sweet Iced Tea, Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Dr. Pepper, Mtn Dew mixed with Pepsi (i know it sounds nasty but its awesome)

Favorite Foods: uh lots of stuff( i hate favorites questions. they're so hard lol)

Favorite Sport (to watch):football, baseball, racing, ( basketball gets on my nerves at least when i try to watch it

Favorite Sport (to play):Baseball, Football

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything('cept rap) but my favorit is probably classic rock

Job: Looking for one

Hobbies: movies, tv, video games, hangin with friends, canoeing and fishing.

Fun facts about albert:
I have never broken a bone.
I have nearly died sevral times
Every car i have ever owned was free.

Favorite Quotes: Again its 2 AM and i hate favorites questions lol
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have never broken a bone.

Neither did I. Is it uncommon not to break bones? I mean, even I thought about breaking a bone or two, here and there, but then I'd have no friends to play football with. Besides the fact that their parents would consider me a psychopath. Actually, I tried once, but he just fell on the floor and broke his nose, and I was considered a psychopath back then. Well, I was just 12 and pure hearted, but of course, I still am; as pure as a 12-year-old shrine maiden.

Welcome to the forums. Don't bother posting pictures, since you're not a girl either way.
albert35077

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the uh... warm welcome. I'll try not to step on too many toes with my noob-ness
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:08 am Reply with quote
albert35077 wrote:
Thanks for the uh... warm welcome. I'll try not to step on too many toes with my noob-ness

That's his way of welcoming people, don't worry, everyone was a noob at some time. And a "noob" who can spell, and use punctuation is always good.
staticlag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Name: Daniel

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single w/ girlfriend

Ethnicity: Mexican

Pets: 2 shiba inus, a black and tan, and a "classic" orange and white

Drink/Smoke: negative

Likes: Photography, Computers, Medicine, Anime, Cars, Pretty Girls, Motorcycles, shiny objects.

Dislikes: I hate working, I want to retire so I have more time to do the things I enjoy.

Favorite anime: Ah! My Goddess! is a classic, Naruto for now

Favorite Manga: IDK

Favorite Books: The StarlightCrystal

Favorite game: Team Fortress 2, formerly Cstrike

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Fight Club, South Park, Drawn Together, Lord of the Rings

Favorite Drink: Mai Tai for a mixed drink, Negro Modelo w/ limes for beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Japanese food, any buffets

Favorite Sport (to watch): I think watching sports is boring.

Favorite Sport (to play): Autocross, TT road course racing

Favorite Music: Emo stuff -> Fallout Boy, Hawthorne Heights, Story of the Year, etc..

Job: Research Scientist

Hobbies: Photography, Computers, Anime, Cars, Pretty Girls, Motorcycles, shiny objects.

Fun facts about Dan:
I was an exchange student to Japan in Highschool.
I enjoy low budget spur of the moment trips to random places around the world.

Favorite Quotes:
Hattori Hanzo Katana na tan da
albert35077

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
[quote="sailorsarah08"]
albert35077 wrote:
And a "noob" who can spell, and use punctuation is always good.

Yeah I noticed that grammer and spelling are stressed pretty heavily around here. I've been having to concentrate to make sure I capitolize and punctuate correctly. Hopefully I'll get acclimated to it and start doing it automaticly
larinon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
albert35077 wrote:
Yeah I noticed that grammer and spelling are stressed pretty heavily around here. I've been having to concentrate to make sure I capitolize and punctuate correctly. Hopefully I'll get acclimated to it and start doing it automaticly

I can't tell if you're trolling, joking, or trying to be serious. Well, at least you spelled acclimated correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Speaking of intros I should probably go update mine lol. Been a few years since I did it back on like page 5 or 6 lol. I'm old.
Your's is on page 1 also. Update that one because it's easier to find.
albert35077

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
[quote="larinon"]
albert35077 wrote:
I can't tell if you're trolling, joking, or trying to be serious. Well, at least you spelled acclimated correctly.

lol I'm joking. Sorry my sense of humor gets a bit dry sometimes. Especially this late at night.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:01 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:
Speaking of intros I should probably go update mine lol. Been a few years since I did it back on like page 5 or 6 lol. I'm old.
Your's is on page 1 also. Update that one because it's easier to find.

Really? I must have missed that. Damn memory failing yet again. Oh and welcome to albert35077 and staticlag. Proper welcomes to commence tomorrow at high noon. Bring your 6 shooters and prepare for a reckoning. Twisted Evil
albert35077

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
Ok. will do. 'cept I aint got a 6 shooter. How about a sword?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote
albert35077 wrote:
Ok. will do. 'cept I aint got a 6 shooter. How about a sword?

That's fine....though I doubt your sword will top my 5 foot two handed Scottish Claymore I have. Mr. Green

It's high noon and time for that reckoning ya hear!!!!! Except the one clock I never set back for DST was my alarm clock in the bedroom so it's actually now almost 1 and I am late to the party. Dammit. All that's gonna be left for appetizers now are watery deviled eggs. Well on to the greeting then. So a big proper ANN welcome to albert35077 and staticlag. You both get bonus points too yup. Alert because he's simply Irish/Scottish and we're slowly but surely taking over these parts, and also because he's a Star Wars geek. Static you get them because you put Oh My Goddess and favorite in a sentence lol. As part of your welcome though you both get your own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them each a brown paper bag* Inside your bags you'll both find some toenail clippings from Batman, an old sock George Bush used to wear, the whopper wrapper (with mandatory ketchup stain) from John Madden's lunch last week, and shiny brand new.....1 ruble from Russia. Enjoy your fine gifts and for good advice remember; "If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination."
albert35077

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome baggies. and you're right my little ninjatō aint much count against a claymore except for the speed advantage. Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 99 of 233