• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Set1229 wrote:
Name: Charles "Super Sonic" Ziese

Hey!

Hey"

Macho macho macho mannn!

MANLINESS!! Oh, what if I said I had a Sakura tattoo for the Cardcaptor Sakura character? ONLY REAL MEN HAVE SHOUJO TATTOOS AND WEAR PINK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Set1229 wrote:
I am a world class gamer according to Twin Galaxies (see King of Kong if you don't know what I mean) and have Asperger's Syndrome, these were tied together as revenge against people who discriminate.

I have Asperger's Syndrome also, big fan of video games, and have been writing some stories recently (been at a bit of a wall for a while though, bit difficult with what people would do). Also if your name is anything to go off from, I have a healthy in mythology.

Quote:
Sour skittles

I once tried a packet of those, they were so sour that it was practically torture trying to finish them. I tried coming up with the strategy of putting them in water so the sour would come off and be bareable, it did not really work. I did not get it, I like sour worms, and I like skittles (been snacking on a packet).

Quote:
I can read Katakana, most Hiragana and a little Kanji and am trying an anime remix license project eventually.

I tried teaching myself at around christmas, was kind of able to remember most Hiragana and Katakana, but with classes returning I have probably lost quite a bit. I was pretty proud of getting where I did though, but Kanji just looks too hard.
Set1229

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Set1229 wrote:
Name: Charles "Super Sonic" Ziese

Hey!

Hey"

Macho macho macho mannn!

Alexander Armstrong would like to give you MANLY hugs of manly doom!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote
Registered a week ago. Thought I introduce myself here.

Name: John Hayabusa
Hobbies: drawing anime, watching t.v., reading online manga.

Favorites:
Anime/manga: K-On!, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, School Rumble, Love Hina, Dennou Coil, Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja, Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh, Yuru Yuri, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Pretty Cure, Black Rock Shooter, new airing anime shows, and many more.
Anime genres: romance, seinen, sports, comedy, slice-of-life, yuri.
PC/Video games: Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto, Left 4 Dead, God of War, Tekken, and some visual novel games (mostly yuri).
Websites: YouTube, Anime-related ones like Sankaku Complex, 4chan, Random Curiosity, ShoujoAi.com.

That is all for now. I hope I can have fun with you guys and enjoy chatting about the latest anime shows here. Very Happy
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Thought I would introduce myself!

Name: Sarah

Hobbies: MOVIES, BIOLOGY, anime, books, running

Favorite anime: Baccano, Princess Tutu, Cowboy Bebop, Ouran, Big Windup, Welcome to the NHK, Trigun, FMA, Black Lagoon, School Rumble, Princess Jellyfish

Favorite manga: Full Moon, Fruits Basket, Dengeki Daisy, Full Metal Alchemist,

I'm really happy to be here and I hope to chat with many of you all in the future!
Tris8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Welcome!
rosebrook11 wrote:
Favorite anime: ....Princess Tutu, Cowboy Bebop, Ouran.... Trigun, FMA
Those are excellent titles and some of my favorites. I don't see many people who come in to ANN with Princess Tutu as a favorite. PT is very popular in this forum so a lot of people (myself included) are convinced to watch it after hanging around here for awhile.
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Welcome!
rosebrook11 wrote:
Favorite anime: ....Princess Tutu, Cowboy Bebop, Ouran.... Trigun, FMA
Those are excellent titles and some of my favorites. I don't see many people who come in to ANN with Princess Tutu as a favorite. PT is very popular in this forum so a lot of people (myself included) are convinced to watch it after hanging around here for awhile.

We watched the entire thing in my anime club last year and I had already seen half of it before.
Squid boat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, 'here 'goes!

Name: Adam

Favorite Anime: Ninja Scroll, Dragonball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun, Appleseed, etc

Favorite Manga: FMA, One Piece, Claymore, etc

Hobbies: Video Games, cooking, driving, coffee, cigarettes

Interesting Tidbits: I had gastric bypass in March of 2009, I've since lost just over 200 pounds!

I'm still fairly new to seriously following anime/manga, I grew up loving it, but never took a serious interest in it until the past month and a half/two months, where I find myself with a little more time to dedicate to fun hobbies.

I work as a sushi chef, it's fun, but as cool as it may sound, it does get old after awhile, haha.

I don't know what else to puuuuut, argh.
asukaneedsfriends

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Hi my name is asuka , im a newbie hope we can be friends since i dont have any Sad

im from tampa , fl

fav animes: one piece , saint seiya and samurai X ( i lovee kenshin himura)

fav food: korean

fav drink: green tea Very Happy
Speedy_J

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

Favorite anime/manga: I strayed away from Anime/Manga after my senior year in highschool (2007), this summer I hope to get back into anime and check out some new material and some I may have missed since 2007. Check back later and I'll update this.

Interests outside of Anime: Cars and Auto racing. I love Indycar, Formula One, 24 Hours of Le Mans (Leh Mah), WRC, Rally America & Global Rallycross Championship, and Super GT.
LoveMayuyu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
My name is Dan.
Male
From China,Harbin(a city in northen part of China,with a climate quite similar to Germany)
I love ACG.
Love AKB48,especially MayuWatanabe.
I searched MayuWatanabe,and the result leads me here..So it's quite interesting.Hope to make some friends here.
moonie92

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I've been here for a while, should probably fill this bad boy out.

Name: Sarah

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O negative

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Bastardization of poor European countries.

Religion: Christian, I think (it's up in the air).

Pets: Two dogs, one pitbull and one weeny dog, both my fathers.

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Likes: Anime (duh!), cats, stuffed animals, sleep, days off.

Dislikes: People who are mean to me. Rudeness. Stupidity.

Favorite anime: Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, My-Hime Princess Tutu, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sailor Moon (Season 1 and 3), and Someday's Dreamers

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Chobits, Loveless, and Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

Favorite Books: I Was A Teenage Fairy, Hugging The Rock, To Kill A Mockingbird and Skinny

Favorite game: Pokemon

Favorite TV shows/Movies: South Park, Tosh.0, Better Off Dead, and Coraline

Favorite Drink: Schizophrenic, can't drink

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Strawberry Fanta and sweet tea

Favorite Foods: Italian food

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Rightstuf, Facebook, Youtube, Gmail

Favorite Sport (to watch): Does not enjoy sports

Favorite Sport (to play): None

Favorite Music: Indie pop

Job: Mooyah Cashier (It's a burger chain makin' 7.75 an hour)
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
asukaneedsfriends wrote:
Hi my name is asuka , im a newbie hope we can be friends since i don't have any Sad
I'll be your friend. There now you have one Very Happy
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quote
I'm new. As you can see by my post count being at 2.

Name: Dalvyn

Religion: Diest

Drink/Smoke: Both. I prefer really dark ales. None of that yellow piss beer.

Favorite music: Lots of things. Indie, hardcore, posthardcore, punk, indie hip-hop, 90's hip-hop, and well, nothing on the radio really.

Favorite sports: Urban Exploring.

Favorite games: RPGs. Big fan of the Tales series. Almost anything from the 8-bit RPG era, The Witcher, Elder scrolls. and Eternal Sonata was fun.

Favorite anime: Lots, but what comes to mind now is Another, Samuria Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, When They Cry, Gundam, Toradora, Stiens Gate, Planetes, Gungrave, The Melancholy of Whatshername, Hyouka, The Flower That They Saw That Day, Ergo Proxy, Spice and Wolf, Last Exile, and my all time favorite has to be Code Gease. (I probably misspelled it, I can never remember how.)

Fun facts about : I've watched more anime than is on my list, I just don't want to go threw them all to add them. Though I am sure I will eventually.

I prefer serious, realistic anime. Well to be more honest I would say I prefer shows without superpowers, and ones that don't try to hard to be funny. I'm not a fan of overly sexualized characters, and have been turned away from a lot of series because of it, particularly when the character is of questionable age.

I think there is a serious lack of sword and sorcery anime. I would like to see more D&D style shows, instead of just high schools and space and dystopian futures.

Last edited by Dalvyn on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
noyourecrazy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Name: Lexi.

Sex: Female.

Religion: I was a Christian for the majority of my life, but converted to Atheism in the beginning of 2011.

Likes: Posting on forums, drawing, writing fanfiction & watching a good debate.

Dislikes: Describing things about myself & being grouped in with everyone else my age.

Favorite anime: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Clannad: After Story.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): The Haruhi Suzumiya novels, Pandora Hearts, & Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

Favorite Music: I listen to a variety of genres, but my favorite bands/artists are Eminem, My Chemical Romance, Avril Lavigne, Theory of a Deadman, Blood on the Dance Floor, One Direction, Blink 182.

I honestly don't know what else to say about me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 151 of 233