• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Evil Character Tournament RESULTS

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I had to do some looking up on Wikipedia to help me here.

A1
Dante of Fullmetal Alchemist
spoiler[Well someone who orchestrates mass slaughters to fulfill their goal] has to be incredibility evil.

A2
Lady Jagura of Wolf's Rain
spoiler[She does kill her sister] and I can’t find any reasons of why Kyutaro Ohba is evil.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain
I’m going by what everybody has said about Darcia plus I don’t think that I can take Sekidousai seriously.

A4
Shion from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
The image posted by Aylinn looks totally psychotic and I’ve heard things about When They Cry.

A5
Ghoda Kazundo from GiTS SAC 2nd GIG
Both of these characters are evil in my opinion but I think Ghoda maybe a little bit more evil.

A6
EDIT Ajo of Key the Metal Idol
Based off Key's description Ajo sounds like one demented person and fits the bill of being evil.

A7
Harry McDowell of Gungrave
Anyone that spoiler[speaks of trust and loyalty to the Millenion while going behind their backs can not be very good (and he killed his friend)].

A8
Akito Sohma of Fruits Basket
I’ve seen Fruits Basket (up to the 3th DVD) and Akito Sohma is evil because he not only did he spoiler[blind Hatori Sohma in one eye] he also spoiler[causes lots of psychological damage to Yuki Sohma]. And Wikipedia makes him spoiler[(or her)] out to be even more evil.

A9
Millions Knives from Trigun
I think Knives has a lot more evil intensions than Tomoe.

A10
Farfarello of Knight Hunters
From Wikipedia: spoiler[“When he learned as a child that his real mother was Ruth, the nun who had been his teacher, Jei snapped and murdered his adoptive parents and sister, then blocked out the memory”] I would say he’s evil.

A11
Creed Diskenth of Black Cat
He just looks evil to me.

A12
Drosselmeyer from Princess Tutu
He seems to be more evil then Debonair.

A13
Sae from Peach Girl
spoiler[She goes all out just to ruin the life of another person.] That in itself is evil.

A14
Aizen from bleach
From what I have read Aizen is far more evil then Ron.

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
If Dr. Clay is Lady Tokimi’s underling I’m going with the main baddy.

A16
Vicious of Cowboy Bebop
Is Montague really a character (I thought it was just a family)? Well with a name like Vicious he sure ain’t going to be a Mother Teresa.

Last edited by darksideoftheanime on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ccdx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but the video clips will make a return starting in the third round, just like the crazy tournament.

I had considered for a time to start making clips the first round, but then I realize what an insane idea that was Rolling Eyes

Glad to see the tournament is going well Very Happy
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="the Rancorous"]
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
A15
If you do not choose, then your votes don't count.

sorry abou at, I went back and edited it. Hopefully it was in time?

Pleanty of time, this round ends next saturday.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote
A1
Ener from One Piece

This one comes down to me being more familiar with FMA, and a recognition of just how much Dante is connected to the badness in that series.

A2
Kyutaro Ohba from Kemonozume

This is more a vote against Lady Jagura (who never impressed me) than for the guy from Kemonuzume.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain
Sekidousai from Inukami

Also more a vote against Darcia (who never struck me as a particularly strong villain) than for the other one.

A4
Kuroro Lucifer from Hunter x Hunter

Have not gotten a good impression of Shion's evilness from what I've seen of the series, so again, more a vote against her than for the other guy.

A5
Madame Marciano from Coyote Ragtime Show

Damned manipulative bastard certainly deserves to advance to at least the second round.

A6
Nobunaga Oda of Samurai Deeper Kyo
Jinsaku Ajo from Key the Metal Idol

I nominated him and honestly don't think there's more than one or two others in the whole tournament who are as profoundly evil as this guy. And his is a more insidious evil because he doesn't jump out at you and practically scream "I am evil" but shows it through his actions.

A7
Nova of Magic Knight Rayearth 2

Basing this one entirely on second-hand information, since I have not seen either series.

A8
Maya Kamina of rahxephon

I'm not sure if you can justifiably call either of these two truly evil, but Akito seems the more unpleasant and disagreeable of the two.

A9
Tomoe from Mai Otomo

Knives definitely went off the deep end into a range of iffy morality that most would call evil. Haven't seen enough of Mai Otome to make a judgment on Tomoe.

A10
Gilbert Durandal from Gundam SEED Destiny

I've seen the first half of Destiny, and based on that Durandal just doesn't come across as evil.

A11
Zagato of Magic Knight Rayearth

Not familiar with either series, so I'll go with the guy in the black armor.

A12
Debonair of Magic Knight Rayearth 2

Drosselmeyer's not what I would consider evil, so this is more a vote against him.

A13
Tenkoh of Fushigi Yugi OVA
Sae from Peach Girl

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more bitchy character anywhere in anime. She goes so far that I have to agree she qualifies.

A14
Ronald “Ron” MacDougal of Outlaw Star
Aizen from bleach

If Aizen is even in this tournament then he must show a different character later on than he did in the episodes of Bleach aired so far on AS. Based on that, I have to go for the MacDougal brother, even though I can't really call him evil, either.

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
Dr. Clay from Tenchi

Wow, this one is a nasty face-off for so early in the tournament. Both certainly qualify, but I always disliked Dr. Clay more.

A16
Montague from Romeo x Juliet
Vicious of Cowboy Bebop[/quote]

Jeez, this one should be at least a quarterfinal, if not a semifinal, match, as either one of these two beats out everyone else in this bracket except Ajo and maybe Sae. On one side you have a monstrously callous, brutal, power-hungry bastard, on the other side you have a guy who's definitely earned his name.

I give a very slight edge to Montague here because that series is more on my mind of late and because I think Vicious will win this one simply as a better-known character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm making this a separate post, rather than adding it to my previous one, to highlight a couple of cases that I think are purely coming down to popularity contests rather than a true measure of the evil of a character.

For those who have not seen Key the Metal Idol, Jinsaku Ajo (group A6) is one of the most thoroughly depraved individuals ever to appear in an anime series. He spoiler[fatally injured an old man with his bare hands, savagely beat (again, with his own hands) a teenage singer working for him with little provocation, almost literally worked another one to death, left a badly injured employee naked in a locked cell for failing him, arranged a concert essentially to drain the life force from an entire stadium of people, partway succeeded at doing it another time as a test, generally treats his employees as disposable commodities, has the life force drained from individuals who get in his way or just random guys on the street, arranges to have killed those who figure out his secret, and fondles lifelike robotic models of his star singer, amongst other things,] is motivated entirely by personal gain, and does it all with little or no demonstrated conscience. He is far more sick and twisted than Nobunaga ever was.

For those who have yet to see Romeo x Juliet, Montague (A16) refers to Lord Montague (i.e. Romeo's father) who is a far darker and less pleasant individual in the anime than he ever was in the play, so make sure you're judging him on his anime merits. This is a man who (and none of this qualifies as a spoiler, since it's evident up front) slaughtered the rightful ruler of Neo Verona because he wanted the power for himself, systematically had all of the Capulet household and supporters hunted down and killed, doesn't think twice about killing his citizens (or fellow nobles) to get what he wants, and generally believes in ruling by fear and intimidation. Vicious is certainly a worthy choice here, but I get the impression that people are voting for him as much out of ignorance of Montague's qualifications as because of Vicious's own reputation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I vote for Dante of FMA and Vicious from Cowboy Bebop.

Ironically, in FMA's music OST "Dante" is composed as a sweet traditional Waltz.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
ivorymoose wrote:
I vote for Dante of FMA and Vicious from Cowboy Bebop.

You have to vote for all categories, or else your votes won't count. Also, you have to tell us why you're voting for those characters. As for myself, I'm still thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
A1
Ener from One Piece

While Dante might appear the more evil due to the more up close and personal view of her deeds (and also the fact that many people haven't watched One Piece far enough to witness Ener in all his wickedness), I think Ener is the more heinous of the two. He has no problem with destroying an entire land and all of its people solely for his own self-satisfaction and ego, he thinks nothing of peoples' deaths, has no problem electrifying to death anyone who opposes him, and his goals for slaughtering masses of innocents are not the least bit noble. Vote goes to Ener.

A2

The former looks eviler, although pictures aren't really a good measure of villainy.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain
Sekidousai from Inukami

Sekidousai was more a comical villain, space-filler, and I don't know anything about Darcia, but he's probably more evil than Sekidousai.

A4

It wasn't so much that Shion was evil, Big Spoiler, don't read if you haven't watched past Ep 4-5 of Season 2 spoiler[her hatred was mainly amplifed by the curse of Eternal June in one particular world where she was chosen to be the victim plagued by her strong emotions]. Kuroro on the other hand is genuinely evil, and didn't mind at all using, manipulating, and killing people to achieve his goals.

A5

The picture.

A6

Going by word of mouth here, especially what Key said.

A7

I've heard a lot about his deeds, and it didn't sound at all pretty.

A8
Maya Kamina of rahxephon

I can't imagine a very evil Fruits Basket character. Maya wasn't really all that evil, but probably more so than Akito.

A9
Tomoe from Mai Otomo

Tomoe was a bit malicious, but Knives was the villain murdering and torturing people for some selfish reason that I don't quite remember.

A10

Picture.

A11

First guy just looks misunderstood, second guy looks kind of evil.

A12
Debonair of Magic Knight Rayearth 2[/b]

Have heard the second guy isn't evil, so my vote goes to the not-second guy.

A13
Sae from Peach Girl

I'll bet she does malicious gossipy stuff that's more damaging than what the first guy does.

A14
Aizen from bleach

I don't have a clue about the first guy, but Aizen is a horrible bastard, so my vote goes to him.

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
Dr. Clay from Tenchi

This guy looks plenty evil.

A16

Before the start of nominations, ccdx had me add about 25 characters into the mix to fill the 128, and I think one of the, if not the, strongest add for me was Montague (and yes, that's Lord Montague, Romeo's dad, who is unmeasurably more evil than he is in the novel, where he wasn't really evil at all, just kind of stubborn and demanding). He's really a horrible horrible person, he spoiler[murders the previous king to seize the throne, has no trouble at all murdering innocents and having them starve to death, extremely selfish to no end, hopelessly egotistical and believes the world revolves around him and should all bow down to his feet or at least that of the aristocracy, treated/treats both Romeo and his mother horribly, manipulates the public completely and deceives them, and many other villainous deeds.]
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to let you know that I've changed my vote in Group A-16 due to the words of Key & Frentymon.

Thank you.
Amasa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:39 am Reply with quote
A1
Ener from One Piece
I hate Dante, nasty piece of work.

A2
I'm saying this now. Kyutaro Ohba from Kemonozume is my winner for this contest. I will vote for him in every round and hopefully tell people who haven't seen the series just how evil he is. Guys, Ohba is the most sadistic, insane and evil anime character in existence!

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain
Sekidousai from Inukami
Darcia had help from Wolf's Rain's fairly dark mood, but the character gave me chills sometimes.

A4
Rofl...How does Shion compare? Is she even evil? Who knows... Kuroro Lucifer from HXH is nasty.

A5
Haven't seen any of Coyote and only bits of GITS but I judging from appearance I'm going to say that GiTS is more reliable in producing meaner characters.

A6
I have faith in my felloe ANNers.

A7
I really have no idea but magical villains are much cooler.

A8
Maya Kamina of rahxephon
She's not evil as evil gets but she's malicious and unthoughtful. Plus I really like her. I think an evil mother is kinda cool.

A9
Tomoe from Mai Otomo
I don't have faith in Trigun to offer a truly unhumorous evil villain.

A10
Out of all the trillions of Gundam there is surely the Gundam characters in this tournament have some evil material in them, right?

A11
I have no idea, sorry.

A12
What I've heard of this series sounds quite intense.

A13
Sae from Peach Girl
Sae... the only evil character that I could find in real life. I'm gonna vote for her for as long as possible.

A14
Aizen from bleach
This dude is bad. Acting nice and then going world domination releasing hell type character is nasty.

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
Dr. Clay from Tenchi
Doctors are meaner than Ladys.

A16
Vicious had some humanity and was fairly understandable, Monatgue was a complete jerk.
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:44 pm Reply with quote
I've changed my vote in the A6 match-up to Jinsaku Ajo.

frentymon wrote:
I can't imagine a very evil Fruits Basket character.

He's not as evil as some of the other characters (he doesn't kill anybody) but the way Akito uses physical and psychological abuse is just evil in my view (I can't give any other good examples because I'm not sure which ones happened in the anime and/or manga).
Jarmyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
A1
Ener from One Piece
Dante. She is far more villianous than any of the goofy looking cartoony bad guys of One Piece.

A2
Don't know ether one but I will go with the majority and say Lady Jagura.
A3

Darcia of Wolf's Rain
Sekidousai from Inukami
Once again, I don't know ether one but Darcia look more evil than the Seki guy.

A4
Kuroro Lucifer. He's the leader of the Genei Ryodan who are a very nasty and bloodthristy group of psychopathic killiers, so he gets my vote.

A5
Ghoda. Not only is he ugly looking but he was trying to turn Japan back into a facist dictatiorship.

A6
Jinsaku Ajo. From what I've herd, he sounds like a real monster.

A7
Harry McDowell. Once again I'm going on what I've herd.

A8
Maya Kamina of Rahxephon
Akito was a cold hearted jerk but not really evil, so I'll go with the Kamina lady.

A9
Tomoe from Mai Otomo
Knives. He wanted to kill all humans just because of the horrible treatmeat of one man towards him and he metaly tortued Vash with Legato and the Gun-Ho Guns just because Vash tried to stop him.

A10
Durandal. He is mastermind behind for all the bad stuff in Seed Destiny inclueding a coloney drop on Earth, all so he could enact his Destiny Plan and play God with people's genes.

A11
Creed. He looks more evil.

A12
Drosselmeyer. He looks really creepy and evil.

A13
Sae from Peach Girl
I don't know ether one but I'll go with Sae.

A14
Aizen from Bleach
Aizen. No contest

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
Dr. Clay from Tenchi
Tokimi. She's Clay's boss, so I'll go with her.

A16
Vicious of Cowboy Bebop
While this Montague guy sounds bad, he's got noting on Vicious who pertends to be your friend while setting you up to take the fall.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
A1

Dante is indeed an evil, villainous person. Just looking at all the things she did kinda got me po'd. On the other hand, I wouldn't know the other guy anyway, though he probably is just as evil.

A2

Jagura wins purely because I haven't seen Kemonozume. Though, I honestly don't remember her well enough.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain

I'll stick with Wolf's Rain, because Darcia was pretty evil, and the other guy looks like a joke in comparison.

A4
Shion from Higurashi No Naku Koroni

I haven't gotten that far into HXH to know who that is, but I do know that everyone from Higurashi is pretty screwy. To me, it the twins appear the most devilish.

A5
Ghoda Kazundo from GitS:SAC 2nd GIG

This man is so incredibly ridiculous! I can't believe the stuff he got away with. He's more than just a jerk and deserves to be called a villain.

A6

Because Key convinced me.

A7

I haven't exactly seen MKR2, but Nova doesn't seem like a villain, unlike Debonair. From what I have seen if Gungrave, Harry is pretty nasty.

A8

Uhh... basing this one on a coin flip.

A9

Oh, c'mon! Even his name sounds like "millions of knives." Not to mention, he's the kind of guy that belongs in an asylum. Tomoe doesn't seem evil in any way, but I've only seen one episode of My-Otome.

A10

Based on the picture. Farfello looks pretty mean, while Gilbert (though this really isn't a very good basis for judging) looks kind of serene.

A11

Zagato is someone I wouldn't consider evil. He just spoiler[wanted to be with Emeraude, and she with him.] It's just something that I don't consider an evil thought. The other guy looks like he can handle the job.

A12

I've been wanting to watch MKR2 forever, and I know a little bit about Debonair. I'm not going with the other guy because...I guess I haven't seen that much of Princess Tutu.

A13
Sae from Peach Girl

You're every-day high school villain, Sae is. She's just a really big b*tch. Maybe she'll even make it to the finals. Wink

A14
Aizen from Bleach

Technically, I haven't gotten this far in Bleach, but I know all about Aizen. I think it's even more evil that he was faking the "nice guy." Don't know Ron.

A15
Dr. Clay from Tenchi

"Dr. Clay" is the best evil name ever! I don't know either, but that's my reason.

A16

I've seen both, and I probably would have gone with Vicious, but I think Key persuaded me to take this route as well. The guy destroyed (almost) the entire Capulet line fer cryin' out loud!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
A1
Ener from One Piece

I haven't seen One Piece at all, but even so, Dante has, at best, casual disregard for the lives of anyone else and manipulates her minions by their emotions.

A2

I've seen neither, and Ohba looks like he's got a creepy cruel smile. I may change based on others comments.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain
Sekidousai from Inukami

Again, haven't seen either, Darcia looks slightly more sinister, but only slightly.

A4

More a vote against Shion, as she's not so much evil as completely psycho (and quick to lose her temper which leads to violence). Especially given that spoiler[her original motivation was to end the unfair victimization of the Houjou family by the rest of Hinamizawa.]

A5

I haven't seen enough of GiTS to know any of the villains, so this might not be a fair choice, but Marciano is not only definately evil, but thorough in her violence and destruction of anyone besides her robot "daughters".

A6

Don't know either series, so I'm going for the guy with the sword over the guy who looks kinda like a street punk.

A7

Haven't seen either, but no way I'm voting for someone with pink hair in an evil character tournament.

A8
Maya Kamina of rahxephon

Ugh, neither of them. If Maya makes it to the second round, I'm going to have to look up her final conversation with Haruka. At least it seemed as though Akito wanted to be a villain.

A9
Tomoe from Mai Otomo

Um, the link for Knives has the wrong character. Anyway, I don't know Mai Otome, while Knives was attempting genocide.

A10

Don't know either series, Gilbert looks too much like a pretty boy for me to vote for him.

A11

Based on looks because I haven't seen either; Creed looks creepier.

A12

Not only does Drosselmeyer cruelly manipulate everyone, he did it solely [spoiler]to achieve the perfect tragic ending for his story[/b].

A13
Sae from Peach Girl

Seen neither, but I've heard many bad things about Sae.

A14
Aizen from bleach

Ron's more morally indifferent than actively evil, while Aizen on the other hand spoiler[attempted to kill Rukia after he had recovered the thing-a-ma-jig even though there was no pressing reason to.]

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi
Dr. Clay from Tenchi

Never seen it. Tokimi looks creepier.

A16
Vicious of Cowboy Bebop

Oh, tough call. I think I'll have to go with Montague, though, due to his greed and thirst for revenge leading to the potential end of the world and his Machiavellian(sp?) methods of maintaining authority.
Also, people wondering about Montague being a single character and not the family name: In both the original play and the anime adaptations, the patriarch of both households are referred to only by surname. Their wives (in the play, at least) were referred to as Lady Montague/Capulet.

undeadben wrote:
Shion shouldn't be in this tournament and neither should anyone else from Higurashi.

Well, spoiler[Takano] should, but we didn't learn this until after recommendations ended.
NocturnalUX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
A1

I have not seen One Piece, either way Dante truly is evil spoiler[anyone who is willing to commit mass murder in order to live forever is simply horrible. Bonus points for being willing to manipulate the homunculi and by being willing and able to steal people's bodies and kill a baby while she's at it]

A2

I am basing this on the picture, looks quite evil to me.

A3
Darcia of Wolf's Rain

Again I am basing this on the picture. But trench-coat evilness earns the vote...somehow.

A4

While I admit that in Kai spoiler[It is explained that Shion was not truly evil but acting on a delusion] this only applies to the first season so I am going with her.

A5

Again I am basing this on the picture, as faulty a method as that may be.

A6

While I never watched Key I have this idea that this character is quite evil, odds are I read about it.

A7

I honestly cannot quite decide this one, this vote is based on a rather creepy picture of Nova I saw a while ago.

A8
Maya Kamina of rahxephon

I have not seen enough of RaXephon to form an opinion on Maya's character so I may change this vote eventually. For the time it stands as she does seem quite callous.

A9

It's the name, it's the picture, both point to a sadist even though I have actually not seen Trigun (unlike virtually everyone...*sighs*)

A10

Again I am basing this vote on the picture, the character looks like the cool and self-possessed evil doer type.

A11

Now this guy looks scary enough. Of course it is difficult to vote when one is not familiar with the series in question, I'll just follow my hunch and assume that glaring eyes=evilness.

A12

For lack of fashion sense. On a more serious note, this one does look quite evil.

A13

From what I read, Tenkoh seems to be one of those power hungry villains and we all know those tend to be evil.

A14

Again I must vote by hunch and based on looks alone. It's not so much that Ronald looks evil as Aizen looks bland. Needless to say I am not familiar with any of the series.

A15
Lady Tokimi of Tenchi

Based on looks yet again. She just looks considerably more evil than her opponent.

A16
Vicious of Cowboy Bebop

He looks evil and has a rather nasty name.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 27