• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
C3 EP2:

What…The…fudge!?!?

Didn’t expect that at all.

So EP1 was just... trolling?! They sure fooled me.

This show may very well be one of the better ones this season.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
-lol-
As I said on the previous page...

The Coffee God wrote:

I'm surprised that this is actually surprising to anyone.
It's like, nobody even bothered to watch the first PV that came out 4 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwTw7E46A4
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
People don't have much free time to watch trailers.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
caught c3 ep 2.... what the hell just happened.. . I love it.. it pulled some dark sh** out of it's a** from no where....I haven't been this fooled since higurashi.

I'm surprised that this is actually surprising to anyone.
It's like, nobody even bothered to watch the first PV that came out 4 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwTw7E46A4

I haven't payed much to the fall line up is why. I have been to busy playing the steins gate vn, clannad, umineko etc. " I just winged the first two episodes to see if it was really that bad.. and eh? kinda surprised". I know that this is one of the lowest rated series this season, however a crazy psycho loli thrown in to the mix can always add for bit fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I never watch trailers.

Anyways I got a few more shows watched today Ben-to and Gundam AGE.

Ben-to was to well say the least interesting. I had no idea of what to expect when I started watching it, but I can easily say that I have not that this much fun watching a show in a while.

Then I watched Gundam AGE which was not as bad as some people though it would be. I mean yea it has stuff that we would expect in a Gundam show, but I still found it interesting to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote
We aren't going to be formally doing reviews of episode 2 of C3, but after ripping the first ep so badly and seeing the comments some have already been making about the second ep, I felt that I had to at least give it a try.

So, yeah, things do change dramatically in the late stages of this episode, and even before that the more mundane stuff was a small improvement. (The joke about spoiler[the cats that gathered in the crawlspace under the house] actually amused me.) But "this may well be one of the better shows this season?"

Um, no.

I'll grant you that the second ep arguably elevates it from being clearly the season's worst new series, but I still wouldn't give it more than a 2 out of 5. The animation still isn't that good, the art style still isn't appealing, and the new twists aren't yet enough to compensate for the series being exceedingly weak up to that point. The woman who keeps saying "bitching" also annoys me more than entertains me.

If the last few minutes are what the rest of the series will be like then the producers made a big mistake with the way that they sandbagged in the first 1.5 episodes. I might stick around for ep 3 to see if the improvements hold, but right now this is looking like a very low priority series for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I will follow the show, but I did find her manner of speaking to be bitching.
blackseer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I did watch the trailer, thought it was awful and forgot everything about it. And I am still avoiding it, but the wait for more shows is weakening me.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
We aren't going to be formally doing reviews of episode 2 of C3, but after ripping the first ep so badly and seeing the comments some have already been making about the second ep, I felt that I had to at least give it a try.

So, yeah, things do change dramatically in the late stages of this episode, and even before that the more mundane stuff was a small improvement. (The joke about spoiler[the cats that gathered in the crawlspace under the house] actually amused me.) But "this may well be one of the better shows this season?"

Um, no.

I'll grant you that the second ep arguably elevates it from being clearly the season's worst new series, but I still wouldn't give it more than a 2 out of 5. The animation still isn't that good, the art style still isn't appealing, and the new twists aren't yet enough to compensate for the series being exceedingly weak up to that point. The woman who keeps saying "bitching" also annoys me more than entertains me.

If the last few minutes are what the rest of the series will be like then the producers made a big mistake with the way that they sandbagged in the first 1.5 episodes. I might stick around for ep 3 to see if the improvements hold, but right now this is looking like a very low priority series for me.

Interesting take on it and no i don't blame anyone for not doing it. I was going to avoid the show at all means but spoilers pop up on the net all the time on certain image boards so it's hard to ignore. I am just hoping for another higurashi/umieneko or crazy bat s*** insane series that will fit the Halloween spirit, if not i still have my two main ones to fall back on.. I just want a good mind f*** series that will toy with you again, however I am probably asking for to much
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Huh, C^3 just went up my rankings. I liked the 1st episode already, and the new change in pace is quite amusing.

I do hope that it occasionally whiplashes back to cutesy happy ecchi anime tone once in a while though, just like how Higurashi did.

Happy yay!!->blood murder kill!->yipee happiness!->deeeaaatthh!

As for Fear's sudden shift...she shouldn't take her past too seriously. Nothing good ever comes with characters like these being so easily traumatized.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Botan24 wrote:
Gingin wrote:
But the reason why her homing shot missed was actually kinda clever!

I've seen just as clever ploys in other, and better, stories.

maaya wrote:
Botan24 wrote:
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. What an appropriate title for a show that really has no story.

Heh. Luckily we still got Last Exile ... which will hopefully turn out good.

Yes, I am looking forward to Last Exile, but with reservations. It may be hard to top my expectations for this "sequel", because I think the original was excellent. One of my favorite parts about the first one are all the characters, right down to the vanship mechanics. Some weren't very fleshed out, but everyone was lovable and entertaining. That's what I'm hoping for this time too Smile

Yup, I too loved all that about Last Exile. Good point about even minor characters like the mechanics, even as supposedly minor characters the way their comradery with Claus, Lavie and Al was given attention and grew throughout the series was great and even elevated them to "next tier" characters for me and more than just mouth pieces even with their minimal screen time like they'd usually be, their growth from where Al curiously travels around the ship (with that perfect music playing lol) to how they start taking in the three of them as they gradually officially become part of the crew was really enjoyable to watch.
giapet
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Tarofex wrote:
Is it wrong to like Ben-To ~because~ it's stupid? lol

God no! I mean, it's not the kind of silly I'm really drawn to, but I can certainly see the appeal for some.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:56 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Um, no.

Interesting take on it and no i don't blame anyone for not doing it. I was going to avoid the show at all means but spoilers pop up on the net all the time on certain image boards so it's hard to ignore. I am just hoping for another higurashi/umieneko or crazy bat s*** insane series that will fit the Halloween spirit, if not i still have my two main ones to fall back on.. I just want a good mind f*** series that will toy with you again, however I am probably asking for to much

If you really want a good mind game series, let me suggest a manga for you. But fair warning, it is somewhat violent and while it does have comedic moments, it's not always that way.

The name of the series is called Btooom and that is all the information I can help you out with. It's certainly a manga that makes you think though.
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quote
caught c3 ep 2.... what the hell just happened.. . I love it.. it pulled some dark sh** out of it's a** from no where....I haven't been this fooled since higurashi.

You tricked me into watching the 2nd ep...I was bitching more than the antagonist was that ep.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 am Reply with quote
I dunno, I seriously recommend you reconsider you opinions on C^3, some fore-reading tells me that it only gets better. You wouldn't say no to Ryuuguu Rena and you CAN'T say no to Fear-In-Cube

Also I find it funny how people say there is a shy maid in Haganai, I think people might want to have a flick through this and get the general idea behind said "maid" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DroppedABridgetOnHim
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 27 of 43