• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Not So Daily Link of the Day: Nyoro Nyolo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:
Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess

Simply a reference to this video, I would assume. Wink

Damn, I feel old seeing that again, been awhile since I've seen those. I havn' t owned a TV for over 13 years. Embarassed
panties

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
This video is ancient. If ANN is reporting on silly flash videos from years almost a ago, the guy who killed himself that PantsGoblin mentioned should also get in the news. (I was actually going to come in here and bring that incident up myself, but it looks like he beat me to it.)

Edit:
Thanks for the correction, Nebs. I thought it was made two years ago from an earlier post in the thread and because it felt like I saw it a long time ago, but I guess it wasn't quite that old. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Still, though, this video was super popular when it first came out, and giving it a space in the news just now just seems odd. It'd kind of be like giving the IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAANDD! video a mention in the news. Confused

Last edited by panties on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
panties wrote:
This video is ancient. If ANN is reporting on silly flash videos from years ago, the guy who killed himself that PantsGoblin mentioned should also get in the news. (I was actually going to come in here and bring that incident up myself, but it looks like he beat me to it.)

That was just covered a few posts before yours... Regarding why it wasn't covered, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed a little bit of Azumanga Daioh-ness in there?

Churuya-san's dōjinshi was done in 4-koma format, so it was natural to be somewhat similar to AzuDai and all other 4-koma manga (e.g. Lucky Star).
I was refering to what the drawing designs were showing like the gray cat on the wall scene, the parade of pulling carts, the one with the oval wheels, one bring pushed as well as pulled. I was thinking, could this be where Azmanga got inspiration from?
Nebs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
panties wrote:
This video is ancient. If ANN is reporting on silly flash videos from years ago

The flash was made at the very end of 2006, making it not even 1 year old yet. Haruhi-ism (which is what Churuya-san extends from) didn't even exist 2 years ago.

Also, who cares how old it is? I'm sure tons of ANN visitors have never seen it before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
See also http://miezaru.donmai.us/post?tags=churuya and in particular http://miezaru.donmai.us/post/show/59591 (click the link at the bottom for the full effect)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
panties

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
panties wrote:
This video is ancient. If ANN is reporting on silly flash videos from years ago, the guy who killed himself that PantsGoblin mentioned should also get in the news. (I was actually going to come in here and bring that incident up myself, but it looks like he beat me to it.)

That was just covered a few posts before yours... Regarding why it wasn't covered, etc.

I saw that, but I'm saying it should get mentioned in the news now. (Sorry if I didn't make that clear.) Something as major as a suicide with anime ties should definitely be reported on eventually.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quote
Something makes me think that one person in particular was key in getting this on the front page. ._.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3