• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Manga to Return with One-Shot Story in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamenRiderFaiz555

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I just think he should do more than a one-shot. Maybe a one VOLUME relase, so we could actually get it in America. I don't buy Shonen Jump magazine, so if it ran in that, I wouldn't see it.
matrixdude124

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I think we now know why they made the Director's Cut movie feature Ryuk telling a shinigami about Light and the Death Note. That shinigami... from the start, Ohba intended for him to be the one dropping their notebook in the one-shot Death Note story! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Death Note is like Dragon Ball for the goths!

Had to say it.
Kotonaru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:02 am Reply with quote
RubberSoul wrote:
I hope Near appears in it. He's my favorite character. I'm a bit exhausted with all of this focus on L and Light.

lol if I were Near I would get pissed at the fact that theres another "Kira" on the loose xD
Sariachan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I think the extra chapter was a more fitting ending for the manga than the ending itself. I never really liked the previous ending, while I always preferred the anime ending, but the new "ending" really works in the dynamics of the story imho (a DN ending MUST have something about L, the real L too and not only Near, other than about Light/Kira of course). Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Darth Murderjunky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
I thought it was cheap for them to just end the series by killing Light like that. They should have killed N and I hope they make a new series where Light gets his revenge and Near gets killed. I liked Mellow though and I thought before they killed him off that he should trick Light and Near and become the new Kira.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3