• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Share A Picture of your Manga Collection.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:45 am Reply with quote
I own Naruto in Japanese (1-41) and it's fairly easy to read for two reasons: 1) I already know what they're saying and 2) SJ is kind enough to make it for kid-friendly reading and add hiragana for every kanji.

It's good for practice. But I'm mostly looking at the pictures. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bluestripe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 am Reply with quote
Yotsuba is also great for reading practice. Although I do love a challenge that requires me to pull out the kanji dictionary. This is why studying Japanese is so fun. Look what you get to supplement with!
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
@CorrosiveMeso
Wow, I am particularly jealous at all the Tezuka mangas, particularly Pheonix. I wish it wasn't so difficult to find Tezuka stuff in America, although I've gotten to read Ode to Kirihito and Bhudda through the local library, and apprantly mine has some Astro Boy as well.
For the most part, even Tezuka anime is difficult to find in America, although I've lucked out with Metropolis, Jungle Emporer Leo (movie), Phoenix, and Astro Boy 1980 and 2003.
For something that should be such a staple in anime/manga diets, Tezuka is shockingly difficult to find...
Still, really like your collection though!
TheDrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
bluestripe wrote:

I like that laminated piece of paper on your shelf that says "OMG MANGA". That made me lol inside.
333Nicole333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:08 am Reply with quote
You people are so lucky to hav that many. cause all i have is the first Naruto
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote
@333Nicole333, it's ok everybody starts of small, well mine is pretty much a baby compare to others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
@333Nicole333, it's ok everybody starts of small, well mine is pretty much a baby compare to others.

Definetly. My first collection started off with two manga volumes that I got rid of several years ago. And now today I almost have 1000 volumes of manga, which is probably a good count more than some of the people I know in my area.
Serafuku

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
ok, i'm going to do this by links. the share your anime collection does this often and i quite like that style myself:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/buttersthecat/cmanga1mar08.jpg (case 1)
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/buttersthecat/cmanga1mar08-1.jpg (case 2)
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii19/buttersthecat/cpapercraftmar08.jpg (the figurines i keep above case 1)

It was because of your collection that I decided to pick up Uzumaki. Maison Ikkoku and Monster and Parasyte were on the same shelf as Uzumaki so I thought it must have been good and I was right! Uzumaki is one of my favorite manga now and Junji Ito is now one of my favorite mangakas. So thanks for sharing your collection! Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quote
@ serafuku
glad my collection got you interested in another manga! I havn't picked up the last volume of Uzumaki yet, but I read it in the bookstore, so I'm good for now. For the most part, my left shelf (aka case 1) is my more favored mangas currently. Its mostly placed after that by where they fit, so shelf 1, 2, and 3 mean nothing (except I also put oddly shaped books on the bottom shelf of case 1 too)
The guy who did Uzumaki also did something called GYO, also horror, 2 volumes. I've only read the first, but I liked it (not quite enough to buy not on sale/with coupon yet though)
Masayume

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
I don't have any updated pictures of my collection, but what I can show you is the bulk of what I brought back with me from Japan this past fall. Of course there are some things that aren't in the picture. Specifically Tsubasa volumes 1-21 in hard cover which was interesting to fit into my luggage without going overweight Anime hyper

elloshiions

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
i have been inspired to post up my collection as well!! ><;;
sold quite a few, and still planning to get rid of some... and missing some because cousins and friends borrowed them :X

-----
compared to a lot of people here, my collection doesn't seem that big haha. if my mom were to see some of what others have, she'd go crazy since mine isn't... big. but wow, i notice some of us have the same series in our collections! =]
KairuRoukan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quote
My little collection has grown! Time to post some pics. Very Happy

Althalus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Made some new pictures. Some samples:

More at the link. BTW: that's 2530 now.

~Althalus
elloshiions

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
@Althalus; whoa, you have a huge collection!! :O
i was wondering, for this picture:
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2039/sdsc04281fp5.jpg
what are the titles for the ones on the bottom of the shelf? i was curious once i saw it and just wanted to know what the were.
it seems some of your titles aren't serialized as the ones in US, like kare kano, etc. are they still in english, or another language?
pixieluv23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Althalus wrote:
Made some new pictures. Some samples:

More at the link. BTW: that's 2530 now.

~Althalus

AMAZING collection you've got Althalus! Shocked Its jaw-dropping how one can have SOOO many. Anime smile

Anyway, I just want to ask what kind of case/box/cabinet you used on the fourth picture? And where did you get that big black box on the fifth one? I'm hoping they're not from overseas Anime cry

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 38