• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Exciting Anime Scenes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cgoten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I thought it'd be cool to see what people thought were the most exciting anime scenes they've seen. Personally I like the fight between Spike and Vicious at the end of Bebop and the episode of Trigun where Vash confronts Legato. Try not to spoil any major plot points.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks VS Majin Buu in the Time Camber. Razz
Actually the best one that comes to minds is the the final battle at the end of GateKeepers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hagakure

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Definently the one you mentioned Cgoten

And also the battle between Kenshin and Shishio.
OrionQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:14 am Reply with quote
Black Magic M-66, from Appleseed creator Masume Shirow, is filled with suspenceful sequences. Shocked
Slim Shinji
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:11 am Reply with quote
The car chase from the opening of Castle of Cagliostro. Also the entire second half of Project A-ko.
OrionQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought of mentioning Project A-ko myself. The scene where A-ko is running from the fighter jet to the alien ship by using the missles as stepping stones is hilarious. Laughing

And here are some specific sequences from Black Magic M-66.
When the two hikers spot the M-66 units and they are running from them. That is done in a very suspensful way. Then there is the scene where Sybel finds Ferris only seconds before the M-66 finds her and the chase is on. Then the M-66 chases them Terminator style all the way to the top floor of a skyscraper where they are trapped and the building is collapsing around them and just when you think they are goners.... well why spoil it for you? Go rent it on DVD! Very Happy
Flame_of_Recca

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:33 am Reply with quote
In Evangelion, when Shinji fought against the Zeruel the 14th Angel with all insane rage and no whinning whatsoever, and in the end it ends with EVA-01 eating Zeruel and ending the battle. That whole fight scene was all in all pretty exciting and one of the coolest fights, even if it was like 5 minutes. But all the fight scenes in the first Rurouni Kenshin OVA series (especially in the last episode of the OVA series), were pretty damn exciting, especially Kenshin's assassinations scene.
bandman2k

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Those are all good scenes, but I'd have to say the two that really impacted on me were:

The whole Final episode of Zeta Gundam. Friend of Mine got it from Hong Kong. Not the best in captioning but that last episode was so packed that it didn't really matter if you could read it or not. I swear if you sneezed and reflexively closed your eyes, you just missed something very important to end the series.

The other one would have to be either the scene with Asuka and the Mass Produced Evas in End of Eva or the final scene in Jin-Roh.

Both of those I think showed the big difference between the way Americans handle programming and Japanese. For us we HAVE to have a "...and they lived happily ever after." while they can have 90% of the cast die and the remaining 10% become psychotic.
BC Anime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:44 am Reply with quote
cowboy bebop episode 6 (one, if not the best, episode imo)
Armblessed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 3:40 am Reply with quote
I'm going to have to go with Major Motoko's encounter with the Fuchikoma/Spider-Tank at the end of Ghost in the Shell.
Awesome scene. Cool music too :)
BC Anime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:09 pm Reply with quote
doh! i meant session 5 not 6 >_< i like any fight scene that has vicious in it =D
Ender Wiggin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Norris Vs. Shiro, 08th MS team episode 10.

This was a real nice one, mainly because they piloted the Gundams with real skill for once.

It was alot of fun to watch, witht he tension they built up in the scene. Plus, they took my favorite voice actress and put her in female lead, making my caring factor shoot up by 10 Laughing
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:29 am Reply with quote
I'll see your 08th MS Team ep. 10, and raise you Gundam Wing episode 49 (The Final Victor). The care that was taken in animating that episode was on the same level as 08th. (just watch the sparks as the Epyon drags its feet across the deck of the Libra) Of course, anytime a Gundam series boy hero faces off against the usually charismatic and vengeful antagonist, it's magical.

But even more exciting has to be the last dogfight between Gould and Isamu in Macross Plus.
Ender Wiggin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:13 pm Reply with quote
True, but when was the last time you saw a Gundam pilot take out three tanks, two gundams, and still manage to be realistic in all of the fighting moves. In other words, there are no "HAHA! Now i will use my Zero cannon and blow up the moon!" scenes common to lots of Gundam stuff.

Basically it comes down to which is more dramatic: A UC show where people can die or an AC story where heroes can suffer incredible amounts of damage and still be in perfect health by the start of the nxt episode.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:05 pm Reply with quote
AC, UC, AW, can't we all just get along? But seriously, for drama, you can usually count on UC Gundam. I admit this freely. But you at the same time, you can't knock Wing for being what it is; a sweeping statement about romanticizing war dressed up in a bit of operatic glamour. It was meant to be a bit unrealistic and a bit fun besides.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4