• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces New Dates for Delayed Anime Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahasuerus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
@ Conan-san:

Quote:
Ahasuerus wrote:
LOL Kanon .
I belive what Mike Toole said in regards to Kannon is what I feel, "Oh, it get's better at 13? Sorry, not goign to go though 6 hours of pain for that".

At least GaoGaiGar had awesome robots and such to pull you through to the Tokyo abduction arc.

If you're going to quote someone, at least quote what they said rather than butcher it so that it appears to bolster your own (feeble) argument.

Especially if you're also quoting someone who hasn't even seen the series Rolling Eyes I'm not going to turn this further off-topic, but "awesome robots" aren't neccessarily everyone's cup of tea, right? Right.

Kanon is my (and many others') favorite series, so just deal with it. There's room at the anime table for everyone of every taste. I'm glad that ADV is going to continue with it. People love it so because it (and they) have heart and can deal with a little "pain" to get to the end. Not to mention the quality of the production and a lot of other reasons. Maybe it's even a matter of being mature enough to appreciate it; I don't know... doesn't matter. It's good; that's why so many enjoy it Very Happy
daedelus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:23 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Kanon:

RACS got their first delivery of ADV titles today and my Kanon vol 2+box is shipping! I should get it Monday or Tuesday. As soon as 5cm ships next week, all will be right in my world.
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Speaking of Kanon:

RACS got their first delivery of ADV titles today and my Kanon vol 2+box is shipping! I should get it Monday or Tuesday. As soon as 5cm ships next week, all will be right in my world.

Mine did NOT ship. Sad Mine is ordered through Amazon. Claims a delivery date of March 5. It's now March 5, and it hasn't even shipped. Dunno what's up. Same goes for 5 CM per Second.

Edited to add: Volume 1 of Kanon has shipped from Amazon. No word on Volumes 2 or 3.

ugh! I just discovered that I ordered vol 1 and 2+box from ADV AND Amazon. I placed my order with ADV in December, and forgot about it. Ah well, it'll make a great gift for one of my anime buddies.

Last edited by HaiKeba on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Ahasuerus wrote:
LOL Kanon .
I belive what Mike Toole said in regards to Kannon is what I feel, "Oh, it get's better at 13? Sorry, not goign to go though 6 hours of pain for that".

If it "gets better at 13," I'm in for a treat, as eps 1-4 have me totally hooked. I love Kanon, and can't wait to see more. I guess it's a matter of personal tastes. Now, If it would only ship...gao. I mean, uguu.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
has anyone seen this in a best Buy? I couldn't find vols 2 or 3 of kanon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quote
My copy of Wallflower 2 is about ready to ship.
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

just looked at the bestbuy website. Vol 2 is listed as back-ordered, and vol 3 is listed as pre-order.
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:14 am Reply with quote
@HaiKeba:

Just to remind you, 5cm's release date was pushed back 1 week, so the official date is next Tuesday. I'm checking RACS's website everyday and I expect them to receive a shipment any day now.

My local Best Buy never even carried Kanon vol 1, so I didn't expect them to carry subsequent volumes. I received my vol 2+box in the mail back on Saturday. I'm now completely addicted Anime hyper
Ahasuerus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote
I ordered Kanon DVD2 with the collector's box from Amazon back in January and have been checking their site religiously. But yesterday it said the usual "1-4 weeks"... now it says "temporarily out of stock" Evil or Very Mad This after I understood that their shipments would be about a week behind and that the Box was to arrive March 4th, and Kanon 3 on March 11th, both to ship after that.

I checked my order status and found: "IMPORTANT MESSAGE: We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay" blah blah blah... Gee, well thanks for telling me; no email notification? This points to a revised ship date of "between February 25 - March 7" *looks at calendar* So I guess I can't even inquire until AFTER the 7th which is Friday.

Should've gone to RACS in the first place Rolling Eyes

BTW, inserting a disclaimer here for HaiKeba's quoting Conan-san's post MISquoting me; I never said "LOL Kanon"; he deliberately butchered my post to make it look as if I was supporting him. This just to make sure the record is straight; it's my favorite anime. (And yes, HaiKeba, you're definitely in for a treat if you like what you've seen so far Cool )
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quote
I emailed ADV, asking when my Kanon 1 and 2+box will ship. I'll post the gist of their response, as soon as I get one. Been on oder since December.

My amazon "where's my stuff" page also now says "temporarily out of stock." : (

Ahasuerus: My apologies. I know how to edit a quote, but don't know how to edit a quote within a quote. In other words, I didn't know how to remove his mis-quote of you.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 am Reply with quote
Anyone know what the story is with releases of ADV's manga lines? Yotsuba&! #6 was supposed to be out a while ago but is so far nowhere to be seen...
HaiKeba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Just got an email from Amazon, asking me if I "still want" Kanon and 5 Centimeters per Second. They estimated the date range for both Kanon Vol 3 and 5 CM as April 4- April 18. No date at all for Kanon Vol 2.

This is beginning to be painful. April 18 is a long time from now, and it isn't even a definite date.

Edited to add:

Here are the "new dates" per the article that started this thread. These dates have come and gone, and we are all still waiting for some definite news...

2/26/08
Kanon vol. 2
Kanon vol. 2 + Collectors Box

3/4/08
5 Centimeters Per Second
Kanon vol. 3
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:46 am Reply with quote
Yeah it is very irritating. I noticed that there are like 8 sellers on amazon marketplace selling vol 2 with the box... and they claim to have it in stock, yet amazon now says "temporarily out of stock" instead of the previous 1-3 weeks.

I'm confused.
The World We Know

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:23 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

I checked Best Buy yesterday and did not see either there; however, my "pre-order" of volume 2 was finally shipped out today, so perhaps you'll be able to order it through the web site?

The Best Buy web site has a release date of volume 3 as March 25.
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, after all of the testimonials on this thread, I know now to never pre-order any anime from Amazon.

@HaiKeba:

Those dates are the new ship dates and seeing as how you ordered direct from ADV, I can only speculate that their priority is supplying retailers first? In the past I can testify that ADV can take a while to fulfill orders. One time during one of their "blowout" sales, it took a month before they were delivered. The very next sale, I got my stuff in 7 days. Go figure.

Also, if Amazon is telling you April, I would cancel the orders from them and click the link at the bottom of this thread page for RACS and place an order with them. Good luck. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10