• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Clarifies Statements on DVDs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
Content changes.

Ep. 6 is the fanservice episode and takes place at a hot spring. Ep.6 aired cut on TV and was made into a recap episode but got its original release on DVD. The TV version of ep. 6 was good actually.

How didn't we say that coming? Very typical to say the least.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Actually, all these options tend to confuse me more so I'm waiting until I see more concrete data about what's with what version before I commit.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I just hope the compressed timetable doesn't mean they're going to rushjob the English dub. I have a bad, bad feeling about this.

And while Bandai Entertainment can make absolute gold - Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex mean anything to anyone? - the English dub of Overman King Gainer is actually painful. I just hope Tony Oliver stays far, far away from this one...
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Really glad to hear about the Otome DVDs.

Same here. One episode per disc is rediculous...unless the episodes are an hour long.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

And while Bandai Entertainment can make absolute gold - Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex mean anything to anyone? - the English dub of Overman King Gainer is actually painful. I just hope Tony Oliver stays far, far away from this one...

Yeah, I agree entirely. I really hope I can add TTGL to my list of Freakin' Spectacular Dubs, rather than the I Guess I'll Re-watch It Subbed list

On the bright side, the news about dual versions of episode six is great. The one thing I'm wondering about is how many DVDs the hybrid release will be spread across. The article makes it seems as if volume 1 is going to include the first six episodes plus the uncut version.

If that's the case, Bandai is already really spoiling us on this release, if you ask me Very Happy -- as long the series doesn't get a lower-quality encode, that is. Then again, higher episode count per disc seems to be becoming the norm, so I'm hopeful Bandai will handle the release well, especially after the issues they had with Flag, GSD, etc.

Randall Miyashiro wrote:

I really hope that BE will go all out with the ultra premium edition and include a decent sized book and a ton of extras like BVUSA's Patlabor releases.

Oh, I also want these too. Smile

Wait, and Bandai is actually releasing Zwei on one DVD? What a relief.

Last edited by Big Hed on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote
At first I thought my report was way off, but it seems they just recently modified their information.

Anyways, I'm also glad to hear that the Zwei episodes will all be on one DVD, that makes way more sense and makes me want to buy it even more.

I'm also looking forward to Ghost Slayers Ayashi.

Good news all around Bandai.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Content changes.

Ep. 6 is the fanservice episode and takes place at a hot spring. Ep.6 aired cut on TV and was made into a recap episode but got its original release on DVD. The TV version of ep. 6 was good actually.

How didn't we say that coming? Very typical to say the least.

the entire episode isn't a recap, just the first half of it. also this is the only filler episode in the entire series (except for the official recap episode).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2