• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Mikuru Asahina, Bunny Girl Version

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alien1375

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Please let a pathetic nerdbag do the next review of a girl shaped figurine. Confused

I think this is the coded message that lies beneath your comment.

True Cool Why are you in this forum by the way? Tempted by the promise of a deep intellectual discussion about the (purely a-sexual) look of the bunny ears, surely....
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
lmao the second to last paragraph just killed me Anime hyper amazing it is accurate. should try to get one for my friend Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:

True Cool Why are you in this forum by the way? Tempted by the promise of a deep intellectual discussion about the (purely a-sexual) look of the bunny ears, surely....

No, because I monitor and respond to comments about articles I publish.
Alien1375

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
No, because I monitor and respond to comments about articles I publish.

Oops Shocked, it seems that I was smart-talking to the boss of these forumz..... Embarassed Errrrr, have a nice day.... Very Happy [walks slowly backwards towards the exit]
Splitter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Mi KU ru
mao_kihan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't see what people find so creepy about this figure.
Quark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, I think this figure looks really cute. She would look adorable right next to my other figure of Mikuru in her battle waitress costume.
I told my friend today that I was wanting to get this figure, and, as usual, he jokingly asked me "Does her skirt come off?" It was my pleasure to tell him "Nope, even better - her boobs are squeezable!"
Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I find the squishable boobs to be hilarious. If I was to get this figure, I would totally give them a quick squeeze, just for giggles.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:

Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I find the squishable boobs to be hilarious. If I was to get this figure, I would totally give them a quick squeeze, just for giggles.

I don't get it! Save 50 bucks and squeeze yer ownz! Laughing
skyler25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Quark wrote:

-dies laughing-

What I find creepy is not the just the squishy boobs, but the fact that they have a warning not to squeeze them too hard or they break...Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am Reply with quote
Regarding the mousepads, the one that sykoeent linked to is not the worse of the bunch. A while ago on ANN, well...... Eh......

Explaining it just isn't enough. I've got to show you. This link is not safe for work, so if you get fired, don't come crying to me.

Avert thine eyes.

(At least the nipples aren't raised as much as I remember; now that would have been sick.)
josegodumb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:37 am Reply with quote
There is a bunch of different figurines people can buy so it is important for a toy maker to make theirs stand out. Squeezable breastesses is a good idea Laughing They need to hurry up and make some squeezable sailor scouts. hahahahaha (I'm just joking).
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
Quark wrote:

I told my friend today that I was wanting to get this figure, and, as usual, he jokingly asked me "Does her skirt come off?" It was my pleasure to tell him "Nope, even better - her boobs are squeezable!"

Wasn't there a scene something like that in WELCOME TO THE NHK, when the main guy is looking at a schoolgirl figure in a store and Yamazaki tells him that her skirt comes off. Squishy boobs looks like an interesting feature, but I mostly collect loli-character figures...maybe a squishy butt might work Twisted Evil
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
skyler25 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Quark wrote:

-dies laughing-

What I find creepy is not the just the squishy boobs, but the fact that they have a warning not to squeeze them too hard or they break...Anime hyper

I agree. The fact that there are people that have squeezed the toys breasts so excessively that they broke is disturbing. Poor,poor Mikuru.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
posterior_praiser wrote:
...It IS NOT necessary to have squishy breasts on a toy. I think most people not into that sort of thing would agree.

We need to think that this figure was made for the japanese otaku, who would see this as an amazing feature and will ask for it on more figures Rolling Eyes

The Human Spider wrote:
...Squishy boobs looks like an interesting feature, but I mostly collect loli-character figures...maybe a squishy butt might work Twisted Evil

Please, don't give them any more ideas or we might end up with fully functional mini sex dolls Anime hyper
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I've got this figure, haha. But $50? Is that seriously what import stores charge? I got it for barely $20 in Japan.

She's really pretty, well-made, and the accessories are great. I wouldn't pay $50 for it, though! That's reserved for the really high quality statues.

The squishable breasts are hilarious. The back of the box says "Soft Material! Feel So Good!" in English. I saw a few figures like this in Japan. It doesn't make you worry about the country so much as the otaku community there, but it's still amusing all the same.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3