• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime class? anyone know about this place?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prfctblu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Hi. My friend says this is a good place for a history of anime class?
Do you know it? I think its a part of NYU...

The Center for Advanced Digital Applications
Anime: Japanese Animation--The Look
X35.9036 / Non?Credit /
FALL 2002

Remember Speed Racer? Can't get enough of Dragonball? Anime, Japanese for animation, hit American shores in the 1960s and is set to explode into the Western pop mainstream. Consider the billions of yen generated each year through film, comics, and video games in Japan. Translate this lucrative artistic style into U.S. dollars and see the amazing opportunities available. Explore "The Look" of anime--from the silent films of Murata and Ofuji, and the early years of Miyazaki (e.g., Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke) to present day releases Blood: The Last Vampire and Metropolis. Delve into all formats (video games, Manga, TV, and film) preparing to produce your own anime projects.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...I can't help you out too much since I've never heard of the class, but it's kinda weird for a history class to prepare you to produce your own anime projects......it sounds like it might be an art history class instead of a straight history class.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1