• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bo-bobo's Yoshio Sawai Launches Chagecha Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If the picture on the right is anything to go by, should be an interesting read...
baltered

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I've been wondering what Sawai's been up to since Bobobo ended. Viz better not hesitate to release this one.
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Woo! I can't wait. Bo-BoBo is awesome, but I just hope it's not as random as Bo-BoBo for the sake of anyone who hates Bo-BoBo's random humor. I just wanna see what Sawai has up his sleeve for this new manga.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
Kain was one of the biggest pieces of shit jump has ever run. Shocked he got a second chance over more interesting failures...
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
The fact that even more people will be ready to devour the kind of humor presented by Sawai amazes me. But that's what displaces the cultural differences between us and the Japanese. We both tell jokes that the other side can never get.
Aikoh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
CatzCradle wrote:
If the picture on the right is anything to go by, should be an interesting read...

The picture on the right was posted because that's the Jump issue the series was announced in, but the character on the cover is actually Sakata Gintoki of Gintama. Gag titles as a whole are really starting to grow on me though, and if the humor of Chagecha is anything like Gintama's (which I suspect it might be, albeit even more illogical than Gintama's gags from what I have seen of Bo-bobo), then I'm game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1