• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Number of posts

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:53 am Reply with quote
Just something odd... when I go through my profile and I see the number of posts, it's different than what my post count is next to my username. Even stranger is the fact that I noticed about three of my posts not count today (seeing as the posts nor the threads have been deleted by the mods)

Any ideas why this would be happening?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:32 am Reply with quote
My post account is the same for both the profile and avatar counts. I don't see why yours would be the only specific one doing this. Dan42-sama would probably have the answer.

I think I encountered something like this before, but I think the reason was a deleted post. Crying or Very sad
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:38 am Reply with quote
Well, I could understand deleted posts, except that three today aren't counting, and they aren't deleted either Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quote
I see same number, 1006 in both
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:02 am Reply with quote
Odd...

skuld.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/search.php?search_author=Godaistudios shows me more posts there than what I've actually got... maybe I wasn't very clear earlier? Smile
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:04 am Reply with quote
weird...

It probably lists posts that were deleted at some point.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote
Well, I thought it was strange before... but none of the posts I've posted in the past two days have been deleted... but if you count from when I had my 1000th post on, there were some that just didn't count. That's why I was surprised. Confused

edit: earlier it was a three post differential, now it's six - meaning three of my posts for 05/19/04 didn't count for some reason.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
three of my posts for 05/19/04 didn't count for some reason.

They weren't good enough.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:15 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking that maybe the posts were some of the "lost posts".

There were a few threads a couple months ago that would mysteriously break and lose replies.. For instance, there would be enough replies to make 3 pages, but if you clicked on page 3, it would return an error message ("Post does not exist" or something). If you replied to the thread (and made enough posts for 3 pages and 2 replies) the thread would appear to function normally until it reached the 4th page). I locked them when I spotted them, but maybe some of your posts are 'lost' there.

I was thinking that maybe you had some posts in the dead/removed forums, but if that were the case, it would be the search results, not the sidebar entry, that would be affected.

deleted entries *are* removed from the sidebar tally; i've watched people drop by 5+ posts when spamming warranted their messages to be deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Freddy C

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quote
lunarkitty wrote:
Hi! Surprised

??? Razz

Anyway, about this, I experiences it on another forum too, it happens sometimes when you have alot of posts, because the more posts you have, the more chance of it going 'missing'.

I checked out some other users on other forums and their posts don't add up either, this is true for a lot of people's first few posts they ever made...don't know why.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1