• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Innocence Ghost in the Shell

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Zac: No, I just have no taste in overrated mediocre series like you.

The only series I've ever seen you defend are The Guyver and Fist of the North Star.

I rest my case.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote
No you really can't rest your case, because as I said before, I'm not sure why depicting a guy who jerks off on a comatose girl is intellectually superior to my kind of anime. And I'm not sure why a series about pirates making stupid cartoon faces when they're not fighting-or even when they are fighting-
has more depth than anything I'd watch. I also don't see the "genius" in making Michael Jackson one of the lead characters.

But don't worry. When people finally saw the Evangelion movies here, they were able to agree with me about how pretentious and nihilistic they really were, and helped take some air out of the Gainax otaku in the process. And it's pretty obvious that if One Piece was winning American fans over, FUNimation would be fighting tooth and nail for the rights, and not just settling for Detective Conan and Full Metal Alchemist.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
No you really can't rest your case, because as I said before, I'm not sure why depicting a guy who jerks off on a comatose girl is intellectually superior to my kind of anime.

It's amasing how you judge an entire twenty-six episode, two film franchise on barely a minute or two of footage. Wow...that's...wow.

Hard to take you seriously when you make statements like that. It really, truly is.

GATSU wrote:
But don't worry. When people finally saw the Evangelion movies here, they were able to agree with me about how pretentious and nihilistic they really were, and helped take some air out of the Gainax otaku in the process.

Huh? When did this happen? I don't seem to recall any stinging anti-Gainax backlash over the domestic release of End of Evangelion.

GATSU wrote:
And it's pretty obvious that if One Piece was winning American fans over, FUNimation would be fighting tooth and nail for the rights, and not just settling for Detective Conan and Full Metal Alchemist.

So...One Piece has failed to acquire a healthy fanbase because someone hasn't picked it up for local release? Allow me to point you in the direction of a quaint little show called Naruto.

And besides, it's not like domestic distributors have some obligation to tell us their every thought and slightest move. How can you say with absolute certainty that FUNi is not pursuing that title unless you're actually an employee of that company and privy to such dealings?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa:
Quote:
It's amasing how you judge an entire twenty-six episode, two film franchise on barely a minute or two of footage

Ok, how about some whiny brats and adults who want to deal with their problems other than complaining about them? That's the rest of the series.

Quote:
Hard to take you seriously when you make statements like that. It really, truly is.

It's harder to take the fans seriously when they defend the series.

Quote:
Huh? When did this happen? I don't seem to recall any stinging anti-Gainax backlash over the domestic release of End of Evangelion.

A lot of fans who didn't bootleg the show and saw it domestically were disappointed.

Quote:
So...One Piece has failed to acquire a healthy fanbase because someone hasn't picked it up for local release? Allow me to point you in the direction of a quaint little show called Naruto.

Naruto hasn't been picked up, because different companies might be fighting over it. One Piece hasn't been picked up because those companies care more about Naruto.

Quote:
How can you say with absolute certainty that FUNi is not pursuing that title unless you're actually an employee of that company and privy to such dealings?

It's been two years since they hinted they had it, and they've moved on to other shows. FUNimation doesn't make an announcement and then retract it like ADV. One Piece is probably to FUNimation like the Evangelion movies were to ADV: a property that's being charged money which could be used for cheaper titles. Notice how Manga's been slow to catch up to other companies on new licenses as soon as they got the movies? I don't think most companies want to go through that kind of a hassle and lose out in the long run for a title that doesn't have enough of a fanbase to insure a satisfactory profit margin which would offset the costs.
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:02 am Reply with quote
I have a question about the "Innocence" review that may (hopefully) shed some light on how Mr. Reldman has assessed the film: Under what circumstances did he see it?

I think this matters because "Innocence" seems to be (and I, unfortunately, haven't seen the finished product) very heavy on the dialogue. Did Mr. Reldman see the film in Japanese theatres without subtitles? Did he see it at one of the few showings (so far) with English subtitles? And if it's the latter, how good are the English subs, anyway?

BTW, for those of us going to A-Kon, it looks like we'll be able to see a bit more of "Innocence" for ourselves. From A-Kon's latest email:
Quote:
ALSO check out the Featurette of Dreamworks’ film “Ghost In The Shell: Innocence” to be shown at A-Kon. Times TBA, but likely on Saturday afternoon.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:10 am Reply with quote
At least Dreamwroks is actually dedicating more than a flier to one of their anime titles this time.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:41 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Naruto hasn't been picked up, because different companies might be fighting over it. One Piece hasn't been picked up because those companies care more about Naruto.

WHat amazes me, Gatsu, is you have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about. You speak with ZERO authority, you have NO CLUE what's actually happening with these titles and yet you speak with some kind of crazed authority as though you do.

I'm in a priveledged position, so I DO know what's going on with those titles. Unfortunately, as has been stated before, I can't TELL you what's actually happening with those titles, except to say that you are 100 percent DEAD WRONG and if I say anything further I'll get in big trouble.

I'm really sick and tired of you coming here and spouting off all this misinformation and treating it as FACT. You need to preface these things with I THINK. It's people like you who know precisely zilch setting yourself up as some kind of know-all authority on a message board, hiding behind anonymity and taking little care with what you say and how you present yourself, that spread misinformation and start rumors.

You are wrong. Completely. As a matter of fact, you're almost always wrong. Your totally crazy tinfoil hat interpetations of company movements and business politics is always so far from the mark it rarely makes any sense. You don't seem to know what's popular or what sells, you can't seem to interpret sales data correctly; you throw out wild statements like "Fans here didn't like the Evangelion movies!" without having any proof or data whatsoever to back that up at all. If you're going to continue spouting your little 'facts', have some PROOF before doing so. Otherwise you're like the Bill O'Reilly of this message board.

Knock it off.
-Z
Ryosei

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 10:42 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Ryosei, I can't keep arguing this with you. You seem to have your own ideas of what it costs to make a film. I was told in the many, many, many, many, many classes I took on film production that if a film costs 2 million to make, it needs to make 6 to break even. Advertising and production are not the only costs associated with a film. Nine times out of ten there are investors who are paid back with interest out of box office revenue who helped to fund the film in the first place. Usually these investors are guaranteed a certain return on their investment.

Investment in a film is no different than investment in an oil conglomerate, or fast food chain; it's return is relative entirely to its performance. Smart business sense will tell you never to make a deal that will limit your return, regardless of whether it may also diminish it. No investor is ever guaranteed a fixed return on their investment, because no investor would ever agree to that. Their returns always have been, and always will be, relative to the performance of their holdings (ie. the film).

Zac wrote:
You say "there's no way advertising cost more than X" but you have no clue what you're talking about; you yourself admit that everything you say is speculation. You are so doggedly trying to prevent anyone from saying anything negative about this film, you're presenting your speculation and interpretation of the facts as irrefutable truth, which is maddening.

How do I have no clue about what I'm talking about? Has my 15 years following and working in this industry provided me nothing? Have I not attempted to afford as much third-party involvment in my estimations as possible?

Simple, smart business dictates that if you project smaller returns in a region, you do not market more than you need to. I.G has stated in the past they are confident that Innocence will succeed primarily as a word-of-mouth picture, because that is the most effective marketing tool for the demographic Innocence most likely appeals to. If you'd like me to personally contact I.G and even Suzuki-san himself for their estimates on marketing costs, I will, because that is how confident I am that they spent absolutely, positively no more than $5-7 million on said expenses. Take that as you will.

Zac wrote:
Deal with it.

If we were all to take this advice, what would be the point of a 'discussion' forum?

Tempest wrote:
You neglected to mention that the theaters themselves take their cut. And even the theaters that are run by the distributors have expenses.

I have no idea what the percentage is in Japan, but right off the top, a certain percentage of ticket sales goes to the theater.

If this modifier is to be brought into the equation, would it not be fair to also include the revenue from the rentals of the film reels to said theaters?

Tempest wrote:
The individual that "leads" ANN never made any input into this thread up until now, but thanks for insulting me nonetheless.

Hence my use of the word individuals...

Tempest wrote:
We will continue to post honest, critical opinions that are not censored for anyone's benefit, not yours, not our good friends at Production IG, and not the North American licensors.

Simply saying you will continue to provide reviews that are 'not censored [towards] anyone's benefit' is a tired old cliche, indicative of the bare minimum one can contribute when providing their rhetoric on a medium or artform.

When I read a review, I expect intelligence, fairness and insight, as that is what I myself have strived to provide in my reviews over the past 15 years. I dislike reading rants, or self-indulgent criticisms (as this review blatantly is, circa "Oshii's philosophy is all repetitive and pretentious, and I saw through it all", repeat ad nauseum).

Yet, what annoys me most of this review isn't so much the end result, but rather the process of critique. The most often laid criticism towards film is always, always directed towards its philosophical thematics, and it is a subject that is both very subjective, and very difficult to comment on. Had Gab provided any slight bit of reasoning as towards why his views of the film's philosophical were as they are, then it's quite possible his review could have been presented as more 'just'.

However, not only has he not, but he's yet to even bother to make an appearance on these boards, providing even the tiniest degree of defense towards his article. In fact, not one individual from ANN present or past (yourself excluded, as I don't think you've mentioned having seen the film or not) has attempted to enlighten me in any way (indepth or not) in this regard.

Any can have an opinion, and as a reviewer of film and other media for quite some time, I find it offensive (considering the time and effort I put into my work) that anyone believes that all have the right to express theirs. An opinionated critique this is on Innocence; an intelligent, opinionated critique it is not.

If this is the mere standard ANN now requires, please inform me, as I will refrain from reading (and thus commenting) on any further reviews on this site.

Finally...

Dan42 wrote:
Ryosei, putting aside your petulant intellectualism, there is a major MAJOR flaw in your argumentation. You haven't seen the movie. Gabriel saw the movie, and he judged the philosophical content was too shallow. Zac saw it too and was of the same opinion. And I saw it too and thought pretty much the same thing. You have abolutely NO RIGHT to disagree with anything in this review as long as you haven't seen the film. And maybe -- just maybe -- when you do, you'll think the same thing as us.

You're misunderstanding my complaint with the review. It isn't his stance on the philosophical aspect of the film that bothers me, its his (lack thereof) process in both coming to it and expressing it.

And for goodness sakes, why won't one of you three ANN employee's (again, past or present) explain why the 'philosophical content is too shallow'? If you ever hope to have a general audience respect and enjoy your reviews, adhere closely to this unwritten rule, that stands above all others:

Rule #1: Explain your position and opinion. EXPLAIN.

Dan42 wrote:
I mean, it's not like we universally hate Oshii. He's made some amazing movies and is one of the most significant directors in anime. I admire him. But I think lately he has hit a creative dead-end. He's still obssessed with reality vs. virtuality and his dog/wolf imagery (part of his mad-genius charm in a way) and has been rehashing the same concepts for so long that they have grown stale. In artistic terms, he needs to "re-source".

The fact that Oshii is the creator and expressionist of the philosophy in this picture has absolutely no relevance to the argument, and seeing it brought up by both you, Zac and the reviewer himself pretty much screams an indirect bias. And that's unprofessional.

Dan42 wrote:
Furthermore, I find your definition of "commercial success" to be baffling. Since when is breaking even considered a commercial success? That's just too naive.

I for one have not, nor do I believe anyone else has, used the term 'commerical success'. Success, and 'commerical success' are two entirely seperate entities.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:26 pm Reply with quote
BrianRuh wrote:
I have a question about the "Innocence" review that may (hopefully) shed some light on how Mr. Reldman has assessed the film: Under what circumstances did he see it?

He saw it at Cannes. I'm not sure about the other details, I'll ask him when I see him tomorrow.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Ryosei wrote:
Investment in a film is no different than investment in an oil conglomerate, or fast food chain; it's return is relative entirely to its performance. Smart business sense will tell you never to make a deal that will limit your return, regardless of whether it may also diminish it. No investor is ever guaranteed a fixed return on their investment, because no investor would ever agree to that. Their returns always have been, and always will be, relative to the performance of their holdings (ie. the film).

When did I say anyone say anything at all about fixed returns? Did you even read what we wrote? The investor gets his money FIRST, before the studio, THEN the studio starts making money after the investors have been paid back plus the 2.5 or 3x profit they've been promised by the contract they signed with the film's producers. Nothing about any sort of fixed return. If the movie doesn't make back what it cost to produce, the investors get what little money they have coming to them and the studio just writes it off. What you're spouting here is a gross misunderstanding of what we said. Please read what we say carefully.

Quote:

How do I have no clue about what I'm talking about? Has my 15 years following and working in this industry provided me nothing? Have I not attempted to afford as much third-party involvment in my estimations as possible?

Huh? This is the first you've mentioned that you 'work' in 'this industry'. What 'industry' are you talking about? Film? Anime? Finance? You haven't mentioned this before, so no, man, I didn't take your oh-so-jaw-dropping 15 years of 'following and working in this industry' into consideration. Pardon me.

Quote:

Simple, smart business dictates that if you project smaller returns in a region, you do not market more than you need to. I.G has stated in the past they are confident that Innocence will succeed primarily as a word-of-mouth picture, because that is the most effective marketing tool for the demographic Innocence most likely appeals to. If you'd like me to personally contact I.G and even Suzuki-san himself for their estimates on marketing costs, I will, because that is how confident I am that they spent absolutely, positively no more than $5-7 million on said expenses. Take that as you will.

Great. Contact him yourself and ask him that. Ask him how much they spent on marketing the film in Japan. Then ask him how much the film needs to be in the black and whether or not he'd characterize the film as a success or not. You do that. Come back here and tell us what he said. I'll be waiting for your answers.

Quote:

If we were all to take this advice, what would be the point of a 'discussion' forum?

There's only so much point in arguing over and over again on the same points. You have voraciously refused to listen to anyone but yourself and haven't given any of us even the slightest iota of respect. You assume none of us know what we're talking about and refute every fact that's been thrown at you over and over again. What's the point? You aren't listening. You can't even show that you HAVE BEEN listening, since what you come back with is this awful misinterpretation of what we said. Usually you rant on about something unrelated, arguing points none of us brought up. It's like we aren't saying anything, you're just imagining that we're saying stupid things that are easy for you to refute. See the first paragraph of this post for an example. No offense, man, but I'd rather beat my head against a brick wall than continue arguing with you. Why am I still doing it? Well, I don't live near any brick walls.

Quote:

Simply saying you will continue to provide reviews that are 'not censored [towards] anyone's benefit' is a tired old cliche, indicative of the bare minimum one can contribute when providing their rhetoric on a medium or artform.

So you're saying that if we say we won't instill a bias towards something or someone in our reviews, it's indicative that we're lazy and can't write and we're only doing the bare minimum, and then later you scream at us for being biased against Mamoru Oshii. Congratulations! You've created a paradox! We can officially never please you!

Quote:

When I read a review, I expect intelligence, fairness and insight, as that is what I myself have strived to provide in my reviews over the past 15 years. I dislike reading rants, or self-indulgent criticisms (as this review blatantly is, circa "Oshii's philosophy is all repetitive and pretentious, and I saw through it all", repeat ad nauseum).

Actually, judging by your posts, you expect reviews to agree with you. What you've been screaming about these past few pages are essentially that you're angry that Gabriel Reldman had the audacity to say that GITS Innocence wasn't as deep as it wanted you to think it was. He outlines in the review that the concepts Oshii goes over are nothing new, and are repeated ad nauseum in the film. What more do you want? A line-by-line deconstruction?

Quote:

Yet, what annoys me most of this review isn't so much the end result, but rather the process of critique. The most often laid criticism towards film is always, always directed towards its philosophical thematics, and it is a subject that is both very subjective, and very difficult to comment on. Had Gab provided any slight bit of reasoning as towards why his views of the film's philosophical were as they are, then it's quite possible his review could have been presented as more 'just'.

No, what annoys you is that you're an unabashed, completely biased Mamoru Oshii fan and Gabe knocked his film because he didn't think it was as deep as you really are hoping it is. If you think for a moment that that isn't how you're coming across on these forums, then you lack introspection and need to go back and read your own posts. The review says very clearly why Mr. Reldman didn't appreciate Oshii's philosophy.

Gabriel said the philosophy was lame because:
Oshii had covered these topics before
The basic concept behind them - what makes us human and man's relationship to technology- had been not only covered by Oshii but my countless other sci-fi films over the past few decades
His message is watered down, being delivered directly through uninteresting supporting cast members who serve as little more than direct mouthpieces for Oshii himself

....Okay, that about sums it up. Again, what more are you looking for? Wait, I know. You want him to go back and gush about how deep it was and wax philosophical about what a genius Mamoru Oshii is.

Quote:

However, not only has he not, but he's yet to even bother to make an appearance on these boards, providing even the tiniest degree of defense towards his article. In fact, not one individual from ANN present or past (yourself excluded, as I don't think you've mentioned having seen the film or not) has attempted to enlighten me in any way (indepth or not) in this regard.

Except me. I worked for this site for 5 years or so. And Dan42. He still works here and he tried to explain it to you as well. More proof that you aren't reading everything carefully nor paying much attention in the first place.

Quote:

Any can have an opinion, and as a reviewer of film and other media for quite some time, I find it offensive (considering the time and effort I put into my work) that anyone believes that all have the right to express theirs. An opinionated critique this is on Innocence; an intelligent, opinionated critique it is not.

Yeah, anyone can. You come here and rip apart our reviews, so put your money where your mouth is. Let's see your reviews. I'd like to see your reviews of Oshii's other films. If you don't have those, let's have a look at your body of work, shall we? What publications have you written for? You're holding yourself up here as some paragon of critique. Let's see your work, buddy.

Quote:

If this is the mere standard ANN now requires, please inform me, as I will refrain from reading (and thus commenting) on any further reviews on this site.

I'd be crying in my beer if you left, man. Seriously.

Quote:

And for goodness sakes, why won't one of you three ANN employee's (again, past or present) explain why the 'philosophical content is too shallow'? If you ever hope to have a general audience respect and enjoy your reviews, adhere closely to this unwritten rule, that stands above all others:

Rule #1: Explain your position and opinion. EXPLAIN.

Who are you? Are you some kind of God Critic? Some famous, ultra-intellectual film critic sent down from on high to tell us all we're doing it wrong because we didn't offer a dissection of Innocence complete enough for you? The thing is, the review says MORE than just the philosophy is too shallow. Again you prove that you have problems reading and paying attention.

Quote:

The fact that Oshii is the creator and expressionist of the philosophy in this picture has absolutely no relevance to the argument, and seeing it brought up by both you, Zac and the reviewer himself pretty much screams an indirect bias. And that's unprofessional.

It's everyone's favorite word to throw at ANN staff when they didn't like a review, UNPROFESSIONAL! Let's give Ryosei a hand, folks! He said the magic word!

You also are apparently unfamiliar with the longstanding tradition in film history to take work by an auteur, someone who's built a unique and distinct body of work connected by a common theme or common elements, respected in the film community having built a reputation of artistic merit, and compare it against his other work when a new work comes out. If someone says 'This Monet is like this other Monet', do you rant and rave at them? Make no mistake, Oshii putting his name on something means it's part of his body of work and therefore will and must be judged against his other works. What he says in his films matters. If he continues to say the same thing over and over again, that diminishes the quality of his work and says that he's losing his creative touch because he can't come up with anything new or engaging to say; it's all stuff we've seen him do before. By your logic he could make the same film again and again and again and you'd lap it up every time and call it genius. Does that make sense?

-Z[/quote]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Ryosei wrote:

This is completely false. Please read up on Japanese "Copyright Mortgaging."

Quote:
Hence my use of the word individuals
There is only one individual leading ANN at this time. And as I stated before, the person you were discussing this issue with at the time doesn't even work for ANN. We'd be very happy to have Zac back, but as an editor (as opposed to writer) at another publication he can not write for competing publications.

In regards to the people you called unprofessional, I'd like to point out that Dan was not trying to offer a professional opinion, and has never put himself forward as a professional reviewer. By calling Zac and Dan unprofessional, it seems that you are trying to imply that ANN is unprofessional. However Zac is not ANN and Dan is not a reviewer. Most importantly, neither is involved with this review. If you wish to call ANN unprofessional in this matter, please base any criticism on either the review (which you have done) or me. In regards to this issue Zac, Dan and everyone else are no different from any other person in this forum. Obviously you don't respect their opinions (although I do), but that should not reflect on this website.

As for Gab, I highly doubt you will hear from him here. But I'd be glad to copy a couple lines from his review to show you that he does explain why he feels the way he deos about the movies.

I have not seen Innocence yet and have no comment on the film itself.

Now I'm going to disagree with the other staff here slightely. The term "success" is relative not only to other similar endeavours, but to the original goals of those involved.

I don't know what kind of goal I.G, Oshii, and the other parties involved had for Innocense in Japan, but I am aware of the fact that Innocence was largely produced with the North American and international markets in mind. That being said, its ultimate success will of course be based on how well it does in those markets.

But, to agree with the other ANN staff, when judged by the same standards that a typical theatrical Anime is judged by, Innocense was not a box office success in Japan. With total production + advertizing cost of 25 million (this is the (upper) number Ryosei Suggests, I find it a bit low, but hey, it works for my purposes), Innocense would have to bring in at least 2.5 to 3 times that to be a box office success. This is one of the most expensive anime ever produced, so it needs to make a lot more back than an average anime...

Listen Ryosei, I understand that you didn't like the review. And I undertsand why. Frankly, ANN is never going to satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. This, unfortunately was your turn. Hopefully future reviews will be more satisfactory to you, that's about all I can say.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I'd be glad to copy a couple lines from his review to show you that he does explain why he feels the way he deos about the movies.

Nevermind, Zac already did that.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Zac:
Quote:
I'm in a priveledged position, so I DO know what's going on with those titles. Unfortunately, as has been stated before, I can't TELL you what's actually happening with those titles, except to say that you are 100 percent DEAD WRONG and if I say anything further I'll get in big trouble.

So assuming I am wrong, why would FUNimation want to flood the market with another 100+ episode series before they even gauged Conan's success in terms of dvd sales, and finished off DB and Yu Yu Hakusho? That's just marketing suicide. Perhaps other companies might be interested in One Piece, but if Toei's
giving FUNimation a hard time-the company that put their shows on the map-I'm not exactly sure why they'd want to jump through any hoops to get it themselves.

Quote:
I'm really sick and tired of you coming here and spouting off all this misinformation and treating it as FACT.

I was using arguments based on logic. Perhaps it clashes with the logic of the other licensors at hand.

Quote:
You need to preface these things with I THINK. It's people like you who know precisely zilch setting yourself up as some kind of know-all authority on a message board, hiding behind anonymity and taking little care with what you say and how you present yourself, that spread misinformation and start rumors.

What I'm doing is called an "analysis", not a "statement". I thought your English Lit courses taught you to differentiate between the two.

Quote:
You don't seem to know what's popular or what sells,

Actually, I do know what's popular and what sells. I just also know it's not popular to me, and it won't sell because of me.

Quote:
you can't seem to interpret sales data correctly; you throw out wild statements like "Fans here didn't like the Evangelion movies!"

Yep.

Quote:
If you're going to continue spouting your little 'facts', have some PROOF before doing so. Otherwise you're like the Bill O'Reilly of this message board.

Now now, Bill O' Reilly doesn't actually think when he assesses a situation.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:37 pm Reply with quote
When we need to lambaste one another over poor judgement AND threaten to call each other Bill O'Riley, with only further degeneration in its future, it's time to shut the thread down.

Sorry, Ryosei, you didn't like the review. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last. Hopefully the next will be more to your liking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4