• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate anime/manga titles (OLD)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Duplicate manga: Watashi no Suki na Hito (The One I Love), #2306 and #3062.

They have the same four digits. What a coincidence. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
By the way, I don't see any relationship between Returner and any anime, at least not on ANN's page or its official site.

Hm... Dunno why it was approved...

Quote:
P.S. Why don't we make "Duplicate encyclopedia entries" sticky? :wink:

Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:21 am Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, Cookie-sama, but there's another "duplicate" thread named "Duplicate Animes." Is it possible to combine those two? Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:29 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Is it possible to combine those two? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, done.

Also, please don't call me Cookie-san, Cookie-sama or anything else. Cookie is what I am.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
By the way, I don't see any relationship between Returner and any anime, at least not on ANN's page or its official site.

Cookie wrote:

Hm... Dunno why it was approved...

Ack, how'd that get in there???

Bad enough when the viral marketers from that movie showed up on this forum... I've got nothign against the movie (haven't seen it, but heard it sucks) but it has no place in the encyc. I'm gonna unlist it, Dan can decide whether or not to delete it.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Tenshi Na Konamiki (#3372)

and

Tenshi na Konomaiki (#2740)

are both wrong - they should be

Tenshi na Konamaiki

(usually translated as "Cheeky Angel", but I rather prefer "Angelic Brat")

- abunai
drakh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:17 am Reply with quote
Masou Kishin Psybuster
anime#2547
and Cybuster (Geneon's title)
anime#4197

Mayori Sekijima
person#248
and Mayori Sekishima
person#13472
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Dupe release entries:

Early Reins (DVD)
Early Reins (DVD)

First listing is correct, the second one is a dupe created from someone scanning the RightStuf product pages. (Is someone actually scanning RightStuf for catalogue entries to add to the release database? Might explain why there's 2012 dates on some of those releases. Laughing )
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quote
The Crayon Shin-Chan serie is repeated entered as:

Crayon Shin-Chan-anime#540

Shin-Chan- anime#540

However, this serie maybe it's better to have two entries...

By the way, I wanted to a link such as Abunai's or Dormcat's. You know, instead of the URL Direction, a simple name (also, it looks better and more ordenated).
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:32 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Sarki-Kun wrote:
By the way, I wanted to a link such as Abunai's or Dormcat's. You know, instead of the URL Direction, a simple name (also, it looks better and more ordenated).

Hot Tip: If there's a nifty feature in a post by another user that you'd like to emulate, try using the "Quote" button, as if you were about to reply to the post - then look at how it was done, using the BBCode functions. It isn't difficult to set up URLs/titles the way we did.

- abunai
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote
There are two entries for B'tX (manga):

manga#2564
manga#2668
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
chris keck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Since this thread in the Encyclopedia forum seems to have become the default method of reporting duplicate Encyclopedia entries I suggest that error reports be made a separate forum.

I know there is an e'mail link to make reports to the Encyclopedist, but the forum seems to be the popular method. Actually, I prefer to see possible errors reported in a forum setting. That way other members can view them and add their own input on whether or not it actually is an error and what the correction should be. Also, the person making the report can see that it has been received. In the past I've made error reports using the e'mail link and then wondered if they and fallen into a black hole since there was no feedback, while reports in the forum where responded to promptly. I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease. (To be fair, I noticed recently that some errors I reported in February had been corrected.)

I suggest that a dedicated Encyclopedia Error forum be created. That way each error report can be a different thread instead of this one 104 post long thread. I think it would also make it easier for the Encyclopedia staff to monitor, too. On the Report Errors page the e'mail link could direct the member reporting the error to the error forum.

I'll post this in the Encyclopedia Suggestion thread too since that's what it really is.

Thank you for your consideration. What do other members think?

chris keck
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:31 am Reply with quote
chris keck wrote:
Since this thread in the Encyclopedia forum seems to have become the default method of reporting duplicate Encyclopedia entries I suggest that error reports be made a separate forum.

Second to the idea. Once the entries have been processed (either combined, deleted, or proven to be different) Mods can lock and/or delete the specific problem reporting thread as a mark of completion.

The only possible problem I can imagine now is the aesthetics of the forum. It could be messy if the index page is filled with numbers. Confused
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5