• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nodame Cantabile: Paris (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Webbmaster62

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
It's just really sad that the last episode is episode 11 already. I was hoping they go more into the series but it seems there cutting it off. Confused I wanted to see more Nodame and Chiaki moments.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think this episode finally hit the right amount of performance content.

Except, the animation staff had two years to brush up the instrument CGI algorithms and they couldn't take 10 minutes to research a proper bow grip?!!! Look at it! How is he holding that? Levitation?
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Yeah, I think this episode finally hit the right amount of performance content.

Except, the animation staff had two years to brush up the instrument CGI algorithms and they couldn't take 10 minutes to research a proper bow grip?!!! Look at it! How is he holding that? Levitation?

This is Chiaki Shinichi we're talking about here, gripping is for mere mortal musicians.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

Haha, it's not so much the holding (his thumb looks like it might be on the outside of the frog, which it shouldn't be) as the bow itself, which appears to twist outward from the point of Chiaki's armpit until the bridge of the instrument. Highly improbably Wink

I also forgot to mention that Nodame's ninja-kick in the garden and subsequent dive cracked me up.
rg4619

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Chiaki also forgot to tighten the bow before playing.....

In anime, I've come to ignore the flaws of violin animation as it's rarely close to the real thing.
animebrainyanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
They should change the CG itself to random drawing or animation, I didn't notice the part where Chiaki holds the violin, nice capture.

I liked this episode but not the part when I see Nodame dressed as Mozart, I hate her as well as she dressed, ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
smokarz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
hi everyone, is this all? is episode 11 the end of it?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote
smokarz wrote:
hi everyone, is this all? is episode 11 the end of it?

The series is officially done after episode 11. But, there is a third season of Nodame Cantabile that will be developed for fall of next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smokarz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote
thanks. great to hear. looking forward to s3.
orochimaruSanin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote
An end to yet another beautiful anime; will definitely wait for a third season. A few observations:
- I see a good relationship develop between Tanya and Kuroki kun; go for it!
- Tanya is finally getting serious about pursuing a professional life in music.
- Nodame like everyone has mentioned has started to mature a bit in both her love and professional life; good for her.
- Like mentioned in the final episode, has Chiaki really surpassed his sensei? Wink

A question though: Why the spoiler[look of sadness on Rui's face? Jealous of Nodame? Jealous of Chiaki? Sad because she couldn't make it with Chiaki?] Opinions welcome.
Aikoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:

I find that to be especially hilarious considering how well-animated the musicians' movements were in these last few episodes. But, as rg4619 said, animated musical instruments are never perfectly accurate. In the meantime, the second season was wonderful, I am glad that we got to see so much character and relationship development despite the few episodes there were. This series never fails to inspire me and I have already started to read the original manga so that I am all caught up by the time the third season of the anime and the second season of the live-action drama premiere.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Aikoh wrote:
But, as rg4619 said, animated musical instruments are never perfectly accurate.

This is true, but the animator's job is to fudge it just enough that they can get away with it.

For example, I can watch the "Country Roads" violin scene in Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart or the "Live Alive" episode of Haruhi without clutching my forehead in embarrassment. And like you said, most of the performance scenes in this season of Nodame were decent enough; certainly better than the awkward slideshow effects they often used in the first season.

But man, on that Chiaki shot that they just goofed big time. Laughing
Aikoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Aikoh wrote:
But, as rg4619 said, animated musical instruments are never perfectly accurate.

This is true, but the animator's job is to fudge it just enough that they can get away with it.

For example, I can watch the "Country Roads" violin scene in Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart or the "Live Alive" episode of Haruhi without clutching my forehead in embarrassment. And like you said, most of the performance scenes in this season of Nodame were decent enough; certainly better than the awkward slideshow effects they often used in the first season.

But man, on that Chiaki shot that they just goofed big time. Laughing

I do have to admit that I wasn't terribly impressed with the instrument animation in this season in the first few episodes because I thought the way the animators had the musicians in the large orchestras swaying was kind of silly. I couldn't help giggling because even though it was better than having a stiff body with animated arms and instruments, something about it just came across as awkward to me, and I think it improved a lot in the last two episodes with the ensemble in episode 10 and the large orchestra in episode 11.

But though my animation gripes are just the inner musician in me being unreasonable, even the artist of the La Corda d'Oro manga went through the trouble of learning how to play the violin before she started writing the manga adaption so that she would at least be able to draw it properly, which makes simple things like that Chiaki shot even more laugh-out-loud funny. Laughing
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote
well, I was certainly happy with the ending. I think the whole change in Chiaki's character can be nicely summed up by his answer at the door: he opens it, sees Nodame, slams it in her face with a large "No!" (as he did all of season 1)...and then opens it again almost immediately, cluing us into the fact that really his reaction was force of habit, and then in a REALLY NICE VOICE suggests they go out to dinner.

win. Cool

I have really enjoyed this season as much as last season, and cannot wait for season 3. I even bought Jeux d'eau by Ravel because I liked it so much.

My biggest laugh of the season was still when Chiaki and Nodame are sitting on the couch and Nodame has a magazine up to her mouth and says, "oooh, maybe I should marry her in the church," and Chiaki yells "stop dubbing my voice." I know, it's inane to repeat stuff, but it seriously had me slapping my knees like a hick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4