• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime have you found the most touching?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
balla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Me personally it would have to be Neon Genesis Evangelion including EoE or the first Kenshin OVA
GoldHawk021

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop touched me. spoiler[His love one die to be with him]. Crying or Very sad I'm not crying I just got something in my eyes
CyberSilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Most touching? Love Hina... I know it has alot of slapstick and everything... but the plot... Love hina, Love Hina Again... and both movies... the plot is just heart warming...
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Galaxy Express 999 and Galaxy Express 999, Adieu. I cant rember much about them but I do remeber is very touching was some of the first anime I saw.
chevisan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Most touching ?
It has to be Now and Then Here and There.
It's a very sad anime Crying or Very sad but it's really good.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
"Most touching" can be either in a melancholy, moody way, or in an uplifting, joyous way. Altogether, I'd list the following:
    Omohide Poro Poro
    Haibane Renmei
    Hotaru no Haka
    Sennen Joyu
    Planetes
    Read or Die - the TV
    Mimi wo Sumaseba

There are dozens of other anime that pluck at your heartstrings, but these are the "heavy hitters". Especially Hotaru no Haka - every time I watch that, I find myself walking around in a daze for several days afterwards.

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I found Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne to be touching in both the negative and postive emotions. I need to watch more and some of Inuyasha is touching too but its too random though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
syr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Saikano,
Now and Then, Here and There,
and a few others I can't seem to think of right now.

Work sucks.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
The ending to Cowboy Bebop was indeed touching Crying or Very sad , but for an all-out sobfest Grave of the Fireflies has to take the cake.

As far as series go, I thought the final episode of Crest of the Stars was very moving. Especially when spoiler[ they are escaping into space in a coffin. That's the point where we hear one of the best lines in all anime "God will praise us, but He will not give us a sacrifice." Of course, that only makes any sense to someone who's seen the show, but *wow* was it some good scriptwriting.]
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote
The most touching for me was Berserk. I like pretty much everyone else who has seen this series hated the ending spoiler[effing griffith...I can't believe what he did to Caska and Gatsu!!! Evil or Very Mad ].

I cried a couple of times while watching this series, mostly at the end though. It touched me so much because I loved all of these characters so much, and the ending just kind of ruined it for me. It still touched me nonetheless.

~LoneWolf
UberTai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote
CyberSilver wrote:
Most touching? Love Hina... I know it has alot of slapstick and everything... but the plot... Love hina, Love Hina Again... and both movies... the plot is just heart warming...

I agree about the series. I haven't seen the OAVs yet, but the TV series made me feel all warm inside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
balla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Lone Wolf and Cub"]The most touching for me was Berserk. I like pretty much everyone else who has seen this series hated the ending [[spoiler]spoiler][spoiler]effing griffith...I can't believe what he did to Caska and Gatsu!!! Evil or Very Mad [/spoiler]. [/spoiler][/spoiler]

I cried a couple of times while watching this series, mostly at the end though. It touched me so much because I loved all of these characters so much, and the ending just kind of ruined it for me. It still touched me nonetheless.

~LoneWolf[/quote]I agree totally since I just finished this series a week ago. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will make a season 2.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I've never cried while watching any anime, or film, as far back as i can remember (call me an insensitive jerk, but im just not that emotional), but Wolf's Rain was very moving towards the end. i was really emotionally drained. i know people who just could not stop crying during the whole four episodes.
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
well the two titles that stick most in my mind (and I cried alot at) are Grave of the Fireflies and the first Kenshin OAVs, most people here know about Kenshin OAVs, but Grave of the Fireflies (about 2 children during WWII) is so moving and sad. It always depresses me when I watch it.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
oh, balla, its been over six years since Berserk was made, so i doubt there will be a second season. read the manga; its ten times better than the anime anyway
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 15