• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Anime have you found the most touching?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj rub

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop, Haibane Renmei, Metropolis, and maybe Princess Mononoke (if for the score alone Anime smile).

I was always touched by Ray Charles' "I can't Stop Loving You" at the end of Metropolis as well. Anyone else feel that tingle down yr spine?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:13 pm Reply with quote
dj rub wrote:
Cowboy Bebop, Haibane Renmei, Metropolis, and maybe Princess Mononoke (if for the score alone Anime smile).

Wait until you finish watching Now and Then, Here and There. I bet you'll shed more tears than the above four added up.

It's more heart-wrenching than touching, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Naruto. the anime version actually. A few scenes make the eyes mist like that scene on the bridge in the earlier episodes. For those of you you who've seen it, you know which scene is really sad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
aflimmer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The anime that really touched me in a profound way.

His and Her Circumstances (The circumstances were very touching, I could really relate to Arima's)

Please Teacher! spoiler[(At the end when the galactic government removed Kazami's license and told her that she would be restricted to her planet forever, and never be able to see Kei again...that was harsh)]

Love Hina (The Christmas episode was very touching, everything that could go wrong did, but it all worked out. Love Hina Again! was kind of sad as well)

Inuyasha spoiler[(When Kagome sees Inuyasha and Kikyo in the forest and she ran back home and cryed on her mom's shoulder, that was sad.)]

Ai Yori Aoshi spoiler[(When Kaoru stands up to Oai's father at the end, I was exited to see him finally stand up for himself and for her, I stood up with him!)]

Saber Marionette J, JtoX (A friend that I shared the series with was dissapointed in the ending, but I felt that it was perfect, everyone got their hearts desire, at least I thought so anyway)

Sniff... Crying or Very sad
bReAkDoWn^RT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watching many, but I'd say Trigun. I'm working on neon evangalion ^^. Great series Very Happy
coolGAL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
On nge being a great show got that right
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL, check your Private Message box NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Iemander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Gungrave must be one of the most touching for me, just for its incredible ending.

spoiler[There's just something really powerfull in seeing the all powerfull ambitious Harry drop on his knees, crying he's sorry to the friend he once betrayed. That scene has alot of meaning, Harry finally realizes that he was the one who betrayed Brandon after having years of guilt.]

Best ending ever for an overall great series.
lone_samurai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
For me I would have say Wolf's Rain was the most touching, it just move me in such a way from start to finish.
Efan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd definetly have to say:
FMA- spoiler[They tryed so hard to get Al his body back and it payed off in the end when they finaly did, even though Ed had to sacrafice his life for it.]
Naruto- Sounds corney but i like the old eps when naruto was always proving to people that he was a great ninja (Rock lee too)
Grave of the Fireflies- So sad how much the boy loses in such a short time due to war, spoiler[he could have prevented his sisters death if he only threw away his pride, but he didn't and it cost him his sisters life].. (sniffle)
Love Hina- Made me feel so warm when i watched it because its great to see how he could go from being a grade A loser to having all the Hinata girls accept him as a land lord by earning their trust.
Elfen Lied- Only the ending when spoiler[someone came to the door and the clock chimed]

I find most animes touching anyways those are just the ones that keep me awake at night.

Edited my Reasons just for you Nagisa Wink .

Last edited by Efan on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Chobits,from the first episode i found it touching.i'm up to episode 20 and found it real good.
Ansuz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Acolyte wrote:

Voices of a Distant Star:
Just reading the synopsis on the back made me melancholy. This one is on my "must-see" list (so is Fireflies), but I haven't worked up the courage to watch it yet.

If you have not watched VODS yet, do it. Like now. Probably the second best piece of animation I have ever seen. The story, the art, the music all tie in to a half an hour of animation gluttony.

The one story more touching than VODS is The Place Promised In Our Early Days. Its the only anime that drew a responce from me. And I kept a straight face through Grave of the Fireflies.
revew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:57 pm Reply with quote
hunter x hunter i found to be the most touching, the character plots, how two opposites could become such great friends
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
FMA- They tryed so hard and it payed off

Tried at what? This tells us nothing about what you found touching.

Efan wrote:
Grave of the Fireflies- So sad.. what can i say (sniffle)

You could say what made it sad to you, personally.

Efan wrote:
Love Hina- Made me feel so warm when i watched it i don't quite know why

I'm confident you could if you tried.

Joe anime wrote:
Chobits,from the first episode i found it touching.i'm up to episode 20 and found it real good.

So we know for how long you found it touching, but that tells us nothing about why and what parts were touching to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Geosis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:30 am Reply with quote
Air. Weird storyline but it actually succeeded in making me sad/tears in my eyes for 3-4 times at some episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 15