• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kannagi Manga Reportedly on Hiatus Due to Creator's Health

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pparker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I'm glad that I gave all my Ah Goddess manga away years ago when I realized that Belldandy character has been ridiculously sweet and clueless.
Having just started season 2 of my AMG anime marathon, I agree the "true love" speeches are over the top, and the immaturity gets old. However, as for Belldandy being a doormat, that just isn't true. She works, attends college, gets mad, kicks ass when necessary. Yes, she cooks and knits sweaters, too. She also repeatedly reminds us that her being with Keiichi was a job function originally. Belldandy was working the phones at the Goddess Helpline ("wish fullfilment") department, so the foundation of her behavior is professional. Urd and Skuld are Heavenly Systems Administrators (geeks like us), for instance, and entirely unsuited for a position like Belldandy's. The one very welcome example Belldandy and Keiichi make is of a genuinely loving, happy, trusting and loyal couple. Anyone should have it so good, and it's frankly nice to see sometimes and to show to the kids.

Anyway... OT, but just to keep the facts straight Smile And the series is not half bad once Skuld shows up.

And I sure as hell hope the Kannagi manga doesn't die.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:
reanimator wrote:
I'm glad that I gave all my Ah Goddess manga away years ago when I realized that Belldandy character has been ridiculously sweet and clueless.

Having just started season 2 of my AMG anime marathon, I agree the "true love" speeches are over the top, and the immaturity gets old. However, as for Belldandy being a doormat, that just isn't true. She works, attends college, gets mad, kicks ass when necessary. Yes, she cooks and knits sweaters, too. She also repeatedly reminds us that her being with Keiichi was a job function originally.

It's just because, in real life, girls like her would start complaining at some point that they're doing too much but getting back too little, and people can't stand that. Laughing
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
I just read some Japanese blogs dealing with Kannagi scandal. Just like us, a lot of them are not happy toward crazy people who made big fuss about Nagi character not being virgin.
Talon87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I just read some Japanese blogs dealing with Kannagi scandal. Just like us, a lot of them are not happy toward crazy people who made big fuss about Nagi character not being virgin.

Links?
tyciol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Even if linked to a japanese blog, a lot of us would find it troublesome to read it. I don't think we need a blog to prove that obviously there are plenty of everyday people (and even Kannagi fans) who will love Kannagi even if she hasn't been a celibate angel for her entire existance. You would think that whole goddessness of it would surpass all that. Oddly enough, the picture of her being pregnant (even if symbolic of her nurturing mother role) doesn't seem to bother anybody. It makes me wonder if someone would be bothered seeing an acorn implant itself in the earth if it grew into a tree.

That, and, the revelation did not explicitly imply non-virginity, just having had a significant other in the past.
Sahbiot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
I don't follow Kannagi, but hey... when theres nothin else to read, theres always GTO.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

It's just because, in real life, girls like her would start complaining at some point that they're doing too much but getting back too little, and people can't stand that. Laughing
What is Belldandy lacking? What does she need to "get back"? She wants for nothing, but K1's love and devotion, which he gladly gives, and maybe a gold band on her left ring finger, which is the most infuriating part of this too long drawn out love story, but I blame that on the author.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Please don't necropost, guys. And if you spot a talkback thread that has been raised from the dead, please just report the offending post instead of adding to the discussion.

Thanks a bunch!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6