Live-Action Love and Lies Film Previewed in 2 New Videos, Poster
posted on 2017-07-24 03:15 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for the live-action film of Musawo's Love and Lies (Koi to Uso) manga began streaming two new trailers for the film on Monday. The videos preview the theme song "Hello" by Shōgo Sakamoto. The song is a cover of Masaharu Fukuyama's song. The videos also reveal that the film will open in Japan on October 14.
The official website for the film also revealed a new poster visual on Monday. The text on the top of the visual reads: "The government decides our marriage partners. A world where true love is prohibited. One day, we were informed of 'love.'"
The main cast includes (from left to right):
- Takumi Kitamura as Yūto Shiba, Aoi's childhood friend
- Aoi Morikawa as Aoi Nisaka, the heroine
- Kanta Satō as Sōsuke Takachiho, Aoi's designated marriage partner
Other cast members include (clockwise from upper left in image below):
- Nana Asakawa of the SUPER☆GiRLS idol group as Konatsu, Aoi and Yūto's classmate
- Momoko Tanabe as Akiho, another classmate
- Yōichi Nukumizu as an employee who works at a crepe shop that Aoi and Yūto frequent
- Hoka Kinoshita as Sōsuke's father, legally married by government assignment
- Hiroko Nakajima as Sōsuke's mother, legally married by government assignment
- Rieko Miura as Aoi's mother, legally married by government assignment
- Shōzō Endō of the Cocorico comedy duo as Aoi's father, legally married by government assignment
Additionally, Yoshimi Tokui from comedy duo Tutorial plays the character Daisuke Yotsuya (left in picture below), Aoi's handsome uncle who works as a model. The picture below is used within the film's story as a still picture in a fashion magazine.
Unlike the manga, which focuses on a love triangle composed of one boy and two girls, the movie will have original characters, with a love triangle composed of one girl and two boys.
Musawo launched the manga in DeNA's MangaBox app in both English and Japanese in August 2014, and within a month, it ranked as the app's most popular work with 3.5 million viewers. MangaBox describes the series:
Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But in within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?
The manga's compiled book volumes have frequently ranked on Oricon's weekly top 50 comic charts. Kodansha published the manga's sixth volume on June 9. Kodansha Comics announced in October that it has licensed the series for print, and plans to release the manga's first volume in August. The manga is also inspiring an ongoing television anime by LIDEN FILMS that premiered on July 3. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the anime. Anime Strike is streaming the series in the United States and HIDIVE is streaming the series in some international territories.
Source: Comic Natalie