• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Concerning the Backed up nature of this site...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Just a sugestion, but I was in on the forums as a "Correspondent" for the Star Wars: Galaxies game, and that seemed like a good idea if you ever need one...

I was a volunteer for the site that took care of one forum on the whole site. Now there were paid moderators that regulated stuff, but us Correspondents kept everything in a prety good order, like by locking forums and stickying important ones (we could not delete topics, only put them up for reccomendation for deletion).

I was just thinking that if you guys seemed backed up on your forums/encyclopedia/etc. then you could "hire" non-paid people like me to contribute to the site with simple functions...

Just a thought I had and wondered if you had considered such an option. This topic is also open for people who support and or have alternative ideas of this nature. Or, even if you do not support it, I'd be interested to hear your ideas.

-Khrim
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
This site works almost exactly in the way you are talking about. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Furthermore, the server has its own backup and protection system running.

If you are recommending yourself to become a Mod and/or Encyclopedist, please do so once you've been more experienced and contributed enough to this website. It's really weird for a first-time poster to do so. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
x_silversurfer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I wasn't replying in that manner, per se, but I was just fronting the idea since I had read a lot of disgruntled posts about thow slow the archives were being updated/added and how the forums had been full of garbage.

However, I see now that you people have everything in control. I believe I will be sticking around these forums for a while. Wink

-Khrim
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1