• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hanasaku Iroha (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote
She was also spurred on by Beanman's independent decision to retire. He was her closest friend and confidant and was, in his way, instrumental in keeping the place running.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
apparently NISA has the show since part 1 has been solicited on rightstuf for an April 9th release
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Just watched the movie and it is really good. we got to see a lot more of teenage Satsuki and how she met spoiler[Ohana's father]. when not in flash back mode, the story mainly focused on Nako and spoiler[her family issues]. Looking forward to getting this when NISA releases it
Doughboy88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Is there a release date for the movie yet? I see that RightStuf has the series released in two parts for $52 a piece, but no info on the movie.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
nope
Doughboy88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
sad day Sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I've seen the movie about 2 weeks ago and was pretty decent. spoiler[Satsuki] in a way is similar to Ohana when she was little by going heads to heads against other members of the inn. Otherwise, I liked the overall nostalgic atmosphere it bought back again with Hanasaku Iroha.

One major supporting character seems to be missing though and not much was resolved relating to relationship development imo but overall was a nice watch.

I hope the Hanasaku Iroha spinoff manga gets an anime adaptation someday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I've seen the movie about 2 weeks ago and was pretty decent. spoiler[Satsuki] in a way is similar to Ohana when she was little by going heads to heads against other members of the inn.

I got a chuckle at how Ohana's seiyuu voiced spoiler[Ohana's (younger) mom], and Satsuki's seiyuu voiced spoiler[Satsuki's (younger) mom]. It tightened up spoiler[the family connection]. ^^

Quote:
Otherwise, I liked the overall nostalgic atmosphere it bought back again with Hanasaku Iroha.

Yeah, it was wonderful to see the ladies of Kissuisou (that almost sounds naughty ^^; ) once again. Kissuisou and its surroundings were as beautiful as ever.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
The movie was pretty good, better and more tightly-focused than the T.V. series. I was impressed at how almost everyone got their own plot thread and yet the theme of family bonds (as seen by Ohana and Nako's respective families) was still front and centre. The movie still suffered from typical Okada dialogue though, like Nako's phonecall with her mother. Ugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14