• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tōken Ranbu Game Gets Stage Play, Musical Adaptations

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:47 am Reply with quote
This sounds like an interesting concept tbh. I hope for an anime adaptation in the future...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Just give us an anime already! Embarassed Crying or Very sad
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I hope for an anime adaptation in the future...

If they're go with Nitro+ staff, that's going to be a disaster... Or female audience pandering.
But, seriously - do we really need the adaptation of the Touken Ranbu now, given the fact that it's most famous... for being a rehash of KanColle?
wohdin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

If they're go with Nitro+ staff, that's going to be a disaster... Or female audience pandering.
But, seriously - do we really need the adaptation of the Touken Ranbu now, given the fact that it's most famous... for being a rehash of KanColle?

Implying this game isn't already nothing but fujoshi (/fudanshi) bait.

Seriously, anime when?
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, give it an anime and this could be absolutely huge. It already has a ridiculous amount of merchandise.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

(Sarcasm starts) Yeah because having an anime that panders to the female audience would mean end of the world (sarcasm ends)

................Are you freaking kidding me? Did we really need an anime adaption of Kantai Collection, which mainly is male-oriented btw.
I mean c'mon, seriously? Not every female even liked Kantai Collection...
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Nothing wrong with pandering to the female audience. If guys get it, why not girls? Wink

And from a few friends of mine, the Kancolle anime was also a disaster according to them.

Lots of things are rehashes of other things. No problem there either.

Wink Wink
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Nothing wrong with pandering to the female audience. If guys get it, why not girls?

And from a few friends of mine, the Kancolle anime was also a disaster according to them.

Lots of things are rehashes of other things. No problem there either.

Wink Wink

Girls getting in last years as much things as the guys, there isn't a big deal with that.

The problem is the fact that there isn't any good material for create a anime in the beginning for Touken Ranbu (it's being the rehash of KanColle not only in the basis, but even have the same lack of plot in game), and with Nitro+ staff animated works disasters in last years (Togainu no Chi, Dramatical Murder, Gunslinger Stratos) I don't see a good thing in anime creation right now. Yes, they want to grab hot cash, but the chances of high sales now isn't so good, like with KanColle in beginning.

And yes, KanColle anime wasn't very good in quality (and more - in the script). It wasn't the disaster level, it still sale very high, but the fans wasn't much pleased.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1