• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Asta, Yami, & Yuno Vie for Top Spot in Black Clover Popularity Poll

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Snakebit1995"]
Scion Drake wrote:
I'm annoyed that the incest pedophile & Noelle's abusive classist older brother made it into the top 10.

Actually I'm more annoyed with Nozel's placement because he hasn't actually done anything of note in the last tons of chapters. He just gave Asta a healing item once, that's literally it.

At least Asta & sister lover have actually done shit in comparison even if their still both bad & annoying characters.

Okay first Gauche is cool, and the anime has taken a serious crap on his character. In the manga he is much more about Protecting Marie, not being in love with her. The nosebleeds are almost entirely an anime gag taht's barely present in the manga at all.

Replica_Rabbit wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Also, how the heck her brother in the top 10? He hardly does anything, besides putting Noelle down.

To answer both of these, these polls are MANGA BASED, and recently, though not as recent as these polls, Nozel has stepped up as an important piece of the upcoming arc, also I'd wager he, like Jack, still carries a lot of good will and excitement from the recent anime stuff where they fought the Third Eye. Also of Noelle's three siblings Nozel is probably the most tolerable. Nebra isn't around much to form an opinion of and Soild is the one who's really a dick to her.

I find it funny that Nozel is the one that angers people here, but it was totally fine back in old One Piece polls when Ace was cracking top 10 and top 15 despite appearing in LESS THAN FIVE CHAPTERS before Marineford/Impel Down. At least Nozel makes an appearance every other arc or so.

What!? He wasn't in the Magic tournament or the witch blood arc. Wait, also Magna Swing or Mars not even on the top 20 (that is a crime) They lost to a dude who blames Noelle for there mother death and calls her a failure. Also, mad that Vanessa and Finral was rob. (Jack is 27 with 64 votes). Glad, that painting guy didn't make it, I would have thrown my phone out of the bus in pure rage.
Meh, Ace was a good brother to Luffy and he was funny and has a cool fight with Smoker. I can see why he rank so high. Also, he makes the world bigger by being part of Whitebeard crew and hunting down Blackbeard (and the foreshadow for him in Drum was good). Thinking about Nozel, doesn't add new elements to the story. He just a bad older brother who rival with the coolest character in the Manga (maybe that coolest spread on to him hmmmm)
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
How Asta could come out on top of anything other than a "most punchable protagonist of all time" ranking is beyond me.

Hey, Asta may be loud and obnoxious, but he's way too nice a guy to be punchable.

Now, Makoto from School Days? There's a real contender for "most punchable protagonist".

Asta-Naruto-Luffy is alright but I'd top them on my most undesirable top 1 characters on any polls. For Makoto, boy I agree with you on so many levels.

Hey don't forget Shinji... He tops my popularity poll: "Character I want to drown most in a pool"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2