• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yamato Vs. Toynami

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:05 pm Reply with quote
With Toynami releasing the Masterpeice Veritechs (VF-1 Valkyries), I definitely had to get one (being the big Macross dork that I am and never ONCE owning a fully transformable VF-1). Anyway, I got the Rick Hunter Vol.1 and I have to say I was impressed, thius thing was sweet! The Transformation was easy, the detail was nice (although it did not look as close to the anime) and the light up eye sensor was a nice touch.Then I found out the next volume was the VF-1A and I was phsyced. But then I found out it is Ben Dixon's version with his somewhat crappy paint scheme. I then went online and heard through Macross world about the Yamato Transformable valkyries, so I decided to pick up the standard "cannon fodder" VF-1A from VF1X.com fro about 55 bucks. When I got the Yamato, I was shocked to find out how heavy it was (it's legs where made completely of diecast), but the Yamato did look more like the anime Valkyries then the Toynami. It especially looked awesome in Battroid mode. I did have a few complaints about it though: 1. The missile do not stay on the wings very well, ESPECIALLY the micro missile pods, 2. THe Toynami version is 1/55 scale while Yamato is only 1/60, 3. The landing gear is not as nice as the toynami, plus the nose langing gear is a pain to get out.
Overall, the Yamato in Battroid mode would look cool on my desk at work, but at home on my entertainment stand it would have to be the Toynami's Masterpeice (AND YES, I will get Ben Dixon's crappy paint job VF-1A too)
Does anybody else have both and want to give their opinions?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1