• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BAAF 2004 in Question

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RantingOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:05 am Reply with quote
Zeiram wrote:
Spreaden the anti republican sentiments eh? i'm ok with that, but do me a favor, go around and get people to vote, the youth were like 14% voting last election, they could of turned the election over!

At any rate, yeah bum luck, republicans need money? they allready caused a 500+ billion dollar deficit and has a worse job rating than the great depression. They need more money? lmao

I'm just guessing here, but I'd say that most youth didn't vote because they realized no matter who they vote for it's going to be some old fart who doesn't give a shit what they want to see change, but rather how to fill their own pockets while in office.

500 billion... well, it's even more staggering if you add the original surplus to that... should be just over one trillion Shocked
Stueypark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Politics is kind of a vicious circle in that respect. Younger people don't vote because they feel under-represented, the elected candidate sees very few young people vote and therefore don't really care about their concerns.

It's like voting for a 3rd party candidate, you're almost certain he will loose but if he gets a noticeable number of votes the elected candidate will take note of that person's platform when constructing policy in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2