• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote
Watched the first episode of Aku no Hana and, as expected, I didn't like it. The story feels even slower than it was in the manga, and the art style isn't my thing. Again, I didn't expect to like this series because I really didn't care for the manga in the first place, but I did give it a try.
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I am watching Majestic Prince episode 3 right now. There ya go, the reason the main characters were chosen from the academy when there were other prospects with superior skills. Still, I'm sure it will be further expanded upon. Still loving the character designs. I always have but the new art techniques really make them shine bright and clear.
partysmores

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I couldn't even finish the first episode of Panty-palooza...sorry, Date A Live. Plan to check out Attack of Titan but I've got so much crap to watch I can't be too involved in this season.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
^
Hah. If you think Date A Live is a fanservice show then joke's on you. You should have kept on watching, it's actually a parody with almost no fanservice in it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
I couldn't even finish the first episode of Panty-palooza...sorry, Date A Live.

There were a whole two pantyshots in the episode.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
Date a Live is pretty tame, honestly. Yeah, theres a couple panty shots in the first episode (and 1 in the 2nd episode), but thats pretty much standard fare for anime these days. I'd be more surprised if shows like this didn't have it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Date a Live is pretty tame, honestly. Yeah, theres a couple panty shots in the first episode (and 1 in the 2nd episode), but thats pretty much standard fare for anime these days. I'd be more surprised if shows like this didn't have it.

I wish they didn't, honestly. I liked both episodes of Date-A-Live so far and I'd really prefer that those not be there. The episode 1 ones are arguably justifiable as being part of the joke with the sister but the one in episode 2 is not.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
partysmores wrote:
I couldn't even finish the first episode of Panty-palooza...sorry, Date A Live. Plan to check out Attack of Titan but I've got so much crap to watch I can't be too involved in this season.
Seems someone hasn't seen enough fanservice anime.

Date A Live is really tame, especially compared to the likes of High School of the Dead, Demon King Daimao, and Heaven's Lost Property (Where there are episodes involving tons of flying panties).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:41 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Heaven's Lost Property (Where there are episodes involving tons of flying panties).

Real talk: the flying panties were surprisingly majestic.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Hah. If you think Date A Live is a fanservice show then joke's on you. You should have kept on watching, it's actually a parody with almost no fanservice in it.

Date Alive is a VERY tongue in check parody of fanservice anime and dating simulators. episode three starts with her freaking out over bread so much that multiple parts of her face are on the glass, and without moving her head she can cause her ribbons on her head to go up and down. then cut to the opening where they make a joke about his wallet is now being tested. so yay you just got played don't feel bad only one reviewer released it on this site in the first episode. I love self aware humor so date alive is very appealing to me. even some of the names are funny (for example dream place is funny in context)
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 am Reply with quote
^
Uh, I know it is a parody. I even said it is a parody. So no, I didn't "get played".
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
I just want to mention a show from this season which has been entirely overlooked here, Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san Z, the sequel to the "non-Z" version from a year or so ago. This installment has the same raunchy tone and the same hilariously chibi demons that made the first series so much fun. If only those Moloch plushies were real; it would be my first anime plushie.

For some reason Azazel-san gets overlooked each time it appears. True, neither installment has been licensed, but other unlicensed shows get some coverage here, but not this one.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Uh, I know it is a parody. I even said it is a parody. So no, I didn't "get played".

I Included your up arrow because I was referring to partysmores not you.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I just want to mention a show from this season which has been entirely overlooked here, Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san Z, the sequel to the "non-Z" version from a year or so ago. This installment has the same raunchy tone and the same hilariously chibi demons that made the first series so much fun. If only those Moloch plushies were real; it would be my first anime plushie.

For some reason Azazel-san gets overlooked each time it appears. True, neither installment has been licensed, but other unlicensed shows get some coverage here, but not this one.

Er, its first season got covered by 5/7 reviewers during the Spring 2011 Preview Guide, and the two that didn't only reviewed a handful of titles overall. It didn't have a stream or official release, so it never got reviewed. Its second season did not get covered in this season's Preview Guide because, to my knowledge, none of us watched the first season, and that's usually a prerequisite for a direct sequel. (This season's Pretty Rhythm series is pretty much a stand-alone compared to the previous two seasons, hence the reason I made an exception on that.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Er, its first season got covered by 5/7 reviewers during the Spring 2011 Preview Guide, and the two that didn't only reviewed a handful of titles overall. It didn't have a stream or official release, so it never got reviewed. Its second season did not get covered in this season's Preview Guide because, to my knowledge, none of us watched the first season, and that's usually a prerequisite for a direct sequel.

4 of the 5 reviews gave it a pretty decent rating yet no one finished watching it? =( The series just gets better (or worse depending on how you look at it Wink) as time goes on. It's a total riot if dirty jokes make you laugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 75 of 76