• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Noragami Soundtrack 2 Cancelled Due to Islamic Sound Samples

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeymort

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
This is absolutely ridiculous, people these days are intentionally looking for reasons to be offended by! Heck, be happy a popular show used sounds that resemble your culture, why get all anal about it? Thousands of movies reference your religion in actual offensive ways, go fight with them, and stop looking for reasons to start shit.

Watch people, this could end up being the reason we never get a third season:

-Money paid to print dvd/blu ray/OST
-Money spent shipping them to stores
-Money lost canceling pre orders
-Money lost shipping the sets back
-Money lost re-doing the OST
-Money lost re-printing new dvd/blu rays/OST
-Money spent re-shipping new versions to stores
-Money lost from customers who just went and spent it elsewhere and will never buy this.

In other words volume one will BOMB in sales, and for a short show that is 12 episodes that is like 20% of Net Sales from the entire season lost. Not to mention less people buy anime in Japan because it is expensive and not to mention this isn't One Piece or Attack on Titan that are VERY popular -- this could lead to the show under-selling and us never getting a season three. Congratz to those people who started this, your selfishness ruined it for everyone else.

This is a likely scenario. But I don't blame Muslims. I blame the executives who capitulated to a small group of international thugs in order to save their asses. They hurt the anime industry by not standing up for themselves and saying "Sorry you're offended, we didn't mean it. We'll leave it out of future editions but we're not going to throw away what's already been shipped." It may have saved them from being blown up in the short term but in the long term they've simply made it easier for terrorists to get away with. The "Chilling Effect" mentioned earlier.
Helian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 am Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:

In this case, it's completely justified. Probably gonna alter the DVD/BD release as well; I forgot which episode in Aragoto used "Push Buttons" but, probably during the Bishamon arc?

Episode 01 - Min: 14 [DameDesuYo]
it fits, it's nice.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:43 am Reply with quote
Hyperdrve wrote:
If you're referring to analytic number theory then I don't see how the frequency analysis that you're talking about specifically is relevant to number theory. I think you're confusing frequency analysis with harmonic analysis (i.e., Fourier, Dirichlet, etc.)

All right, fair enough. There isn't much left for me to say about this topic, and it's become way different than the intended topic of this article.

zeymort wrote:
This is a likely scenario. But I don't blame Muslims. I blame the executives who capitulated to a small group of international thugs in order to save their asses. They hurt the anime industry by not standing up for themselves and saying "Sorry you're offended, we didn't mean it. We'll leave it out of future editions but we're not going to throw away what's already been shipped." It may have saved them from being blown up in the short term but in the long term they've simply made it easier for terrorists to get away with. The "Chilling Effect" mentioned earlier.

Well, it is a recall, and recalls are voluntary. (Well, I'd guess this one would be, since owning one such soundtrack isn't going to harm you the way a car with defective brakes or a toy with toxic paint could harm you.)

I have a few recalled items in my possession, for instance. I know why they are recalled, and thus I avoid using them in ways that'll bring harm, if there's a way at all. So the people who already have this soundtrack can hold on to it if they want to. It'll become a neat collector's item.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Japan has successfully defended their title of "Unnecessary Overreaction King", wait a go. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
Yohanlie wrote:
#848623 wrote:
#848617 wrote:
there is no place of music in islam

Im sorry if miss-understand your comment.

But

If you mean islam prohibted music.

Please read my explanation.

What islam do you point to?
The radical one or tolerance?

https://islamictext.wordpress.com/music-azhar-fatwa/

Listening to music, attending musical gatherings, and studying music of all genres and instruments is allowed as long as it is not accompanied with immoral and sinful acts, or used as a pretext to incite people towards haram (prohibited) behaviour, and it does not preoccupy a person away from observing the obligatory acts of worship (al-wajibat).

oh there a drum don't know its name,its a plain drum...that is allowe as much as i know,ill get back to you if i made a mistake...but yeah other wise music is a big no no.....i know alot of religons use music,is part of their everydaylife even the japanese....but even they should first ask the wise people in this case belonging to islam ...if they can use their sentences whatever they are planning to use,if its ok or not,other wise,this will happen everytime and well,think its wiser to use the easy step them to make it all and then appologise and work on it all over again....

No no
Please understand what i want to told to you.

The one who prohibited music is khawarij.

Khawarij held that "judgement belongs to God alone", and that God would decide succession by determining the victor in battle, whereas arbitration would be decided by men.[2] They believed that all Muslims, rich or poor, had the same rights, and that any Muslim (not just a Quraysh or even Arab) could be the leader of the community (imam) if they are morally irreproachable, but that if the leader sinned, it was the duty of Muslims to oppose and depose him.[3][4] The Kharijites developed extreme doctrines that further set them apart from both mainstream Sunni and Shiʿa Muslims. They were particularly noted for adopting a radical approach to Takfir.

Khawarij declare them self as moslem but they killed Prophet Muhammad descendant

For them, everything not used by Prophed before is bidah (prohibited)

Include eat with spon, internet, tv, ect

You know?

They just stupid bunch who can't adapted to modern era.

And the same group with isis.

Sadly.

Majority of moslem doesn't realiE khawarij among them and adapted their teaching unconsciously.

yeah its called duf~ only that allowd in condition it shouldnt have the change in intensity like while playing drum,,,sometimes high sometimes low,,,i mean it shouldnt have such rythm in it and also no metal plates attached to it which make noise while you strike the duf......otherwise forbidden,music playing listening an d all,hope this helps you Smile
The_MoonwalkeR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
Well, I've made this account just to show how people now treat Islam and Muslims like $hit just because of Daesh, the sad truth..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STz2FrpZnpw

we are not terrorists, most of us don't like Daesh, they washed your brains by media and news!

I hope this will change your thoughts about Muslims, we want peace not terrorism.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10