• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto: Road to Ninja Film's Story, Designs Penned by Kishimoto

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Makubex88 wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Hospodar wrote:
How many WSJ mangaka before Oda and Strong World did have some part in a movies production? I don't remember any. But since strong world where it did earn 5 times the amount of money an OP movie normally does I have seen Sorachi(Gintama) Kubo(Bleach) and now Kishi have some kind of part in the movie creation and coincidentally those are the only WSJ Mangaka that got movies.

Toriyama worked on the Bardock special, and was involved in a lot of the movies, actually. Outside WSJ, though Takeuchi wrote one of the Sailor Moon movies. It's not really uncommon for the mangaka to be involved in anime affairs, like how Takahashi helped out with GX and stuff.

And even that wasn't the case, the idea of "zomg it's copying" is pretty fanboyish, especially if it's for a big event like a 10 year anniversary. You might as well say Oda copied Kishimoto by having a timeskip and aging his characters a few years. It'd make just as much sense.

But, unlike Kishimoto, Oda timeskip made sense and was needed, while Kishimoto's time skip beginning just pathetic.

That was really fanboyish
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm Reply with quote
This is gonna be AWESOME.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
That was really fanboyish

Nothing out of the ordinary then.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 am Reply with quote
I like the promo illustration a lot. Not a big fan of Naruto as few years ago, but I will watch this movies. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
Kishimoto is a hi-IQ author, so he is capable of coming up with quite an intricate, twisted, multi-layered plots. Lets see if he will succeed this time. It will depend on producers and director, though.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Hospodar wrote:
How many WSJ mangaka before Oda and Strong World did have some part in a movies production? I don't remember any. But since strong world where it did earn 5 times the amount of money an OP movie normally does I have seen Sorachi(Gintama) Kubo(Bleach) and now Kishi have some kind of part in the movie creation and coincidentally those are the only WSJ Mangaka that got movies.

Toriyama worked on the Bardock special, and was involved in a lot of the movies, actually. Outside WSJ, though Takeuchi wrote one of the Sailor Moon movies. It's not really uncommon for the mangaka to be involved in anime affairs, like how Takahashi helped out with GX and stuff.

And even that wasn't the case, the idea of "zomg it's copying" is pretty fanboyish, especially if it's for a big event like a 10 year anniversary. You might as well say Oda copied Kishimoto by having a timeskip and aging his characters a few years. It'd make just as much sense.

Bardock isn't a movie, and for most of the films his contribution has just been character designs (this was also part of the case for Bardock) and ever so slight story assistance. The only one you could really credit him for is the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour Special which he supposedly was the idea behind. Manga authors usually have some input on the anime adaptations of their material, but rarely is their influence ever touted. A major theatrical release that touted that influence was ... Strong World.

Also, dude you totally missed the Dragon Ball, and Saint Seiya time skips. Duh. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2