• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Okami HD for PS3 Announced, Trailer Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Quote:
Removing the filter to have more colourful experience again?I thought they heard the original fans the first few times... Maybe we will get an option... >_>

The filter is there, but its faint. Much better than Wii when it comes to that but can't touch the PS2 version. Its like they can't copy how Clover seem to do it for PS2.

So as you can see it... PS2 >> PS3 >> Wii as far as preserving the filter. I can't see the difference between the PS3 and Wii versions myself, but I'll take your word for it.

Both reduce the filter and were marketed as new and improved when they were actually making a visual effect much less pronounced.

On Okamiden, it is a respectable sequel but it has some weaknesses in how open the world and gameplay is (I wouldn't complain if it was a top down game but it is close enough that I expect that bit more or would want a 3DS one which doesn't step back at all) and the plot which seems to go off and reinterpret the story somewhat (spoiler[children instead of reincarnation, Chibi is weak to the point of not swimming and other things]).
Aynslesa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
I absolutely adore Okami (I have Okamiden but haven't played it yet), and I'm glad to see it getting a re-release of some kind. As I still have the PS2 version and a PS3 that can play it I'm not sure if I'll go the extra mile to purchasing the HD version...it's going to depend on if there are any substantial differences between the two. But if you were unfortunate enough to miss its initial release for the PS2 and then the Wii, I totally recommend getting this!

And for the record...yes, Okamiden is the official sequel to Okami. Just because it's on the DS and doesn't sport a giant 2 after the fact does not change this fact.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So as you can see it... PS2 >> PS3 >> Wii as far as preserving the filter. I can't see the difference between the PS3 and Wii versions myself, but I'll take your word for it.

PS3 version looks like they tried a bit more to bring the filter out, mainly noticeable to me were the comparison shots they showed and the beginning with Sakuya. But I have to remind myself this is the trailer, and things could change for the final product(like the filter is more for FMVs than other parts and end up more in line with the Wii version in those parts). My main concern is that the comparison they did with PS2 footage looks like its photoshoped or something because I don't remember it being that blurry and foggy. Wouldn't surprised me if Capcom did that to make the PS3 version more noticeable, but still a bit misleading.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Release it on a disc & I'll be glad to buy it. Otherwise? No. Not a chance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2