• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Characters by the window?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, what the others have said. But also because animes tend to adhere to certain conventions that got set sometime in the misty past. Close-ups of ice shifting in a drink glass, anyone? I sometimes think anime artists must spend a year in art class just animating drink ice and cream swirling in coffee, I've seen these things so often.

As a side note, I recall my friends and I sitting along the window side (on the left!), in school many years ago (I'm all grown up now). One of the windows had a crack in it. My friend, who sat by that window, brought a screwdriver to school, and over a period of weeks removed all the screws from the metal frame. One day it was particularly windy, and the window was creaking ominously. I and some others who were also prescient gradually moved our desks away from the danger window. Suddenly the window glass all fell in on my friend! He wasn't hurt, but it was quite spectacular, and is filed amongst my fondest high school memories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2