• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KyoAni Streams Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! 'Lite' #1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
How is she not? She's an odd and eccentric girl who meets the rather normal protagonist. That's pretty much the textbook example of a MPDG.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
How is she not? She's an odd and eccentric girl who meets the rather normal protagonist. That's pretty much the textbook example of a MPDG.

No, there are specific plot-related things a girl has to do in order to be a "Manic Pixie Dream Girl", Rikka does not even come close. MPDG are plot devices first and foremost.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Though I can't understand japanese it looks like it can be pretty funny,which is good news for me. I also found it hilarious how in a recent ratman omake or SS or whatever they have one of the characters who has the eyepatch style going on, coining the Chunibyo term around.
aereus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 am Reply with quote
This is essentially what happens:
Main girl is bad at volleyball of course. Her classmates ask her if she's alright and she says she's fine and says some chuuni stuff about unlocking her true potential within from some made up person or such.

Main guy offers to help her practice after school. He takes off her bandage to see her "wound" and finds out its just some chuuni "magic seal" nonsense so he smudges it. Main girl comments on how long it took her to draw it, etc. Eventually she gets the hang of it and he comments on how she should be able to play during gym class tomorrow without being a drag on others anymore.

Then when they actually go to gym class the next day, things were suddenly changed from volleyball to basketball, so all her practice was for nothing.
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
Dropped . So boring, so pointless, so random.
why no guest post option?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
DAN!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2