• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: In Memoriam

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Yoshito Usui's death is the one I remember the most. The poor guy fell off a damn cliff! That's no joke.

Hike with a partner, folks.

With all due respect, now that is what I call a cliff hanger.

Just kidding, its sad, but realistic at the same time. Its too bad for the fans if a series wasn't completed, but at least the series existed and was translated.

May their souls rest in peace and may the familes find peace as well.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote
The Mask wrote:
In terms of deaths in the anime world, the death of Yoshito Usui in 2009 would be the one I'll remember the most. It was sad that a creator of a popular manga like Shin-Chan would die in such a gruesome death.

In general, Michael Jackson's death is the one I'll remember the most in 2009. And considering his use of anime in his music video for "Scream", his death might be considered as part of the deaths in the anime world after all.

May all of their souls rest in peace.

in fact mj looked like anime character, if you would pay attention to his pointed nose and big eyes... because of vitiligo he had to have bold make up on his face on eyebrows and eyelashes, what made him look even more like cartoon character...
he was genius for sure, and the most famous person on the earth...
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow...

I can get how it feels a bit selfish when you think "Wow, it sucks that they didn't get to finish their works and now fans etc etc" but at the same time its a testament of their work too. To reach the audience and have them hold their characters, stories, and works so close to them; its sad for everyone and just as sad that we couldn't express that gratitude until it was too late. God bless them all and may he watch over them and those who they left behind.
SS_Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 am Reply with quote
Why exactly is this only anime producers? There've been important Hollywood and music figures who also left us in 2009.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
SS_Vegeta wrote:
Why exactly is this only anime producers?

This list is only about people who were involved with anime because this is an anime site. That's kinda what you'd expect from a placed named "Anime News Network".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
CMX printed a tirbute to the guy in Shin vol. 10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2