• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CBLDF's new case in Georgia

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I tend to look at both side of view and agree with both side. I do think a retailer has a responsibility to the parents by not exposing their children to obescene material, both then you just cant force some one to tell a 7 or 5 year-old that they need to go home and get their parents to come and say they have their permission to sell something to them. If the parents really knew what their kid was getting then they would have stopped this thing before it got out of hand. I think that the parents should watch out for their young kids, and supervise what they entertain themselves with, but not so much so as to deprive them of their youth. If Mr. Lee really wanted to corrupt the child, or didn't care and just wanted to make a few more bucks, then he should get punished, but not if he just innocently overlooked the rating of what he was selling. It was an mistake then, and you can't punish some one for making a small mistake. I know that sometimes when a cashier is overwhelmed they tend to innocently forget to check things like that. What do you all think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
beelzebozo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Impeach Dubya and execute Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

Now now, we don't have time for logic here. As appealing as cleaning up the gene pool might be, we can't go around spouting off the easiest solution. Razz
deathbringer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
s_j wrote:
beelzebozo wrote:
On a similar note, I recently ended up showing a parent the ratings on the back of some translated manga. Because of this, he refused to buy his 12 year old daughter an Inu Yasha book. She shot me the dirtiest look. Confused

You did your job. That's exactly what responsible retailers ought to do. =)

Yes, don't sell Inu Yasha to anyone. It's awful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2