• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ouran High School Host Club Manga to End in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Lenks wrote:
Quote:
The October issue of Hakuskensha's shōjo manga magazine LaLa has confirmed on Tuesday that Bisco Hatori's romantic comedy manga Ouran High School Host Club will end with a 52-page chapter in the next issue on September 24. The magazine had already announced in June that the series was entering its final story arc.

Maybe I'm just ignorant on how the Japanese use months when dating issues of magazines, but something seems off here...

I believe LaLa ships issues two months early, so the October issue comes out in August. So ANN is correct.
Lenks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Good golly, Miss Molly. That's confusing as heck. Thanks for the heads up!
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
I've been wanting to read this for some time now. Now, maybe I can start reading it and not waiting for more when I catch up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote
This one took a couple volumes to really grow on me, but now it's among my favorite shoujo manga. With this ending, and Nana on indefinite hiatus, I don't really have any other really good shoujo that I'm following. That's not to be confused with me saying I don't think there's not any other good shoujo out there, just I'm not aware of and thus not reading it.

Still, at the rate Viz is releasing Ouran, it'll still be a long time before we get to the final volume, so I still have plenty to look forward to.
Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm surprised. The twins worked their issues out two English release manga volumes ago, and Hikaru's attitude in the last volume ensures that things won't get nasty if Haruhi and Tamaki does happen, which seems all but inevitable. Once Tamaki's family issues are straightened out, and possibly the Shadow King either gets rewarded for working his tail off for his family or realizes he can be happy in other ways, there's only official Haruhi and Tamaki confirmation left (sorry Hikaru!), so yes, I see only a few more volumes without Bisco Hatori starting to beat a dead horse and things starting to go on too long. Seems like good timing to me.
saber_kite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
Lenks wrote:
Quote:
The October issue of Hakuskensha's shōjo manga magazine LaLa has confirmed on Tuesday that Bisco Hatori's romantic comedy manga Ouran High School Host Club will end with a 52-page chapter in the next issue on September 24. The magazine had already announced in June that the series was entering its final story arc.

Maybe I'm just ignorant on how the Japanese use months when dating issues of magazines, but something seems off here...

I believe LaLa ships issues two months early, so the October issue comes out in August. So ANN is correct.

Thanks for the clarification. I was confused as well. So the issue dated October is actually out on August, while the ones out in September are dated um, November?

I'm quite glad Ouran's ending. I love it, but I'm quite impatient to see where the story goes.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
Finally! Now that it's all but confirmed that Haruhi and Tamaki will end up together, I hope Hatori will have a little fun "pairing the spares." Let's see...Haruhi's friend Mai can end up with Kaoru, Renge with Hikaru, and Hunny and Mori...with each other. And Kyoya with Haruhi's dad. That'll be perfect! [/just kidding] Laughing

Another vote for continuing Millenium Snow! I genuinely liked that series, and. vampires vs. werewolves romance is just so in right now! (But it's way funnier than Twilight, IIRC)
mannyperson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
This one took a couple volumes to really grow on me, but now it's among my favorite shoujo manga.

Totally agreed. I actually read the first volume years ago, didn't really enjoy it, but picked it up again when I recently finished the anime in a short time. It's a great series, so it should end with a bang and not when it gets tiring. Now, all we need is a second season! Very Happy
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Finally! Now that it's all but confirmed that Haruhi and Tamaki will end up together, I hope Hatori will have a little fun "pairing the spares." Let's see...Haruhi's friend Mai can end up with Kaoru, Renge with Hikaru, and Hunny and Mori...with each other. And Kyoya with Haruhi's dad. That'll be perfect! [/just kidding] Laughing

Since we haven't been told otherwise, I'm assuming Hunny's still dating that Black Magic Club girl who was trying to hex him until he straightened her out since that looked like it was going well when last we saw, although the subject hasn't been on screen in a long time. I did detect the faint scent of potential Kaoru/Mai in the last volume, so it wouldn't surprise me if that does happen near the end.
boredashell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote
As manga series ends Live Action Begins??? I saw a post in new orleans for live anime adaptation to be filmed in america. Read the character description... I can only think of ouran. http://neworleans.craigslist.org/tfr/1913581920.html
mufurc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:39 am Reply with quote
boredashell wrote:
As manga series ends Live Action Begins??? I saw a post in new orleans for live anime adaptation to be filmed in america. Read the character description... I can only think of ouran. http://neworleans.craigslist.org/tfr/1913581920.html

Well the email says "[email protected]"... but it's either fake or a small-scale/amateur production. Who would use the title of the show in the email address, or post casting calls on craigslist? And "boy-lolita"? The person who posted this must be a fan.
boredashell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
boredashell wrote:

Well the email says "[email protected]"... but it's either fake or a small-scale/amateur production. Who would use the title of the show in the email address, or post casting calls on craigslist? And "boy-lolita"? The person who posted this must be a fan.

Actually, that is very normal for large productions. I do acting for a living and almost all casting for major productions do that. They use a basic service just because of the ease in auto sorting. The emails are almost always "Title"[email protected] As to craigslist... I guess maybe they are having a hard time finding look-a-likes and are going to a more exact cast. idk.
Seems like too much work for just a fan. They had another one up searching for very high end cars. Renting those out cost about $1,500 per day. And it was a pretty long list. I hope it's not some small production.
Let me see what I can find out. Haha, maybe if I just email them they will tell me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2