• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam UC 2 Tops Weekly Blu-ray Chart with 81,000

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
RedTail wrote:

Glorious Nippon!

Do you honestly not know the massive war crimes the Imperial Japan committed? They rivaled the Nazis. Even if you're joking that's inappropriate.

Because we didn't practically genocide the Native Americans, right?

Relax. All nations have their demons. This isn't a political forum.

If Unicorn is good, it's good, regardless of what else he wrote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:

I wouldn't argue that influence is necessarily irrelevant, no, but it's not inherently overwhelming either. It's, admittedly, another part of the same equation.

and that's all I am saying, Gundam Unicorn was created to sell a ton of units because of a variety of factors, one of which was the author being a big name writer.
RedTail

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
RedTail wrote:

Glorious Nippon!

Do you honestly not know the massive war crimes the Imperial Japan committed? They rivaled the Nazis. Even if you're joking that's inappropriate.

Rivaled the Nazis? Some of the shit the Imperial Army did would've made Mengele himself cringe. But yeah, thanks for basically calling me an ignorant dick.

You, sir, need to chill. I said what I said in jest. I in no way condone the acts of horror perpetrated by Imperial Japan. You obviously need to get another hobby if you're so easily offended by someone making a remark like that... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2