• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyperdimension Neptunia Anime to Air Next Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

I don't know what to think about an anime version of Neptunia, I have different requirements for games versus anime; I like some romance in my anime while I need none in games, but Neptunia is the Disproportionally One Gender Cast troupe; and I just have no interest in Yuri outside H. I imagine it will be a more light hearted version of BRS.

Neptunia's harem lead is IF.

(until Mk.II, when it becomes Nepgear's harem)

By H I mean Hentai not harem. Wink

Disgaea the anime was fine, all things given. My complaint on that was I actually liked the idea of laharl with a sister. And personally think they should retcon into canon. Instead they went the just kidding route. Honestly, Shohei Nikawa goes to a few US cons, so Ill float that idea to him next time Wink

But all things given, NIS has only released pretty solid anime, whether its their original story or not. Although I will give you pandora hearts was finished as anime too early, so the story is kind of off from the actually manga.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

I know.
Zilveari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

I don't know what to think about an anime version of Neptunia, I have different requirements for games versus anime; I like some romance in my anime while I need none in games, but Neptunia is the Disproportionally One Gender Cast troupe; and I just have no interest in Yuri outside H. I imagine it will be a more light hearted version of BRS.

Neptunia's harem lead is IF.

(until Mk.II, when it becomes Nepgear's harem)

Disgaea the anime was fine, all things given. My complaint on that was I actually liked the idea of laharl with a sister. And personally think they should retcon into canon. Instead they went the just kidding route. Honestly, Shohei Nikawa goes to a few US cons, so Ill float that idea to him next time Wink

But all things given, NIS has only released pretty solid anime, whether its their original story or not. Although I will give you pandora hearts was finished as anime too early, so the story is kind of off from the actually manga.

Once again, NIS is not directly involved with the creation, direction, or animation of anything mentioned in this thread(except for allowing Compa/If to use their likeness, and licensing out the Disgaea IP to an anime production company as well as most likely some creative design direction). Neptunia is an Idea Factory/Compile Heart game, that probably had likeness rights licensed to them from companies like NIS, GUST, Red, 5pb, etc. Pandora Hearts was done mostly by XEBEC, and localized by NISA, who while being an international subsidiary, should still be separated from the parent company in some conversations IMO. NIS/NISA really shouldn't receive credit for the anime that they release in NA, they should only receive credit for the quality of the translations/editing/TS/etc(I hate dubs so I won't mention them).

And back on topic... I honestly can't wait for this. Need a new possible stupid/slapstick comedy with some serious battles tossed in for good measure. And a bit of good quality, well-intentioned fan-service would kick ass too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2