• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai to Promote Anime Games at E3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laruto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Hmmm, I thought Naruto games, which rumor has that Bandai picked up the rights to them, would be on the list for sure, but I guess that rumor might be bunk, for now. 20 or so more days to find out.

Doesn''t shopro have to sell the gaming rights to the show first?
Isaaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
spider-moose wrote:
the only thing people need over here is just translation of the japanese text, the japanese dub is what makes Robot wars cool cause its the actual Voice Actors from the series, ie the Voice of Koji Kabuto has been doing the voice of him since the beginning from Mazinger Z

plus IMO a Dub would ruin a SRW game, like listen to most of the Super Robot series, ESPICALLY Getter Robo, where the pilots Scream their powers and moves right in your ear hehe, GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I've seriously gone deaf from doing that haha and I had the TV on mute lol

sigh.. Though an original japanese voiceover option would be nice, it really isn't essential. Bad voiceovers are the fault of careless dubbers who are carelessly chosen.

Besides, not having a dub at all would lose lots of sales potential.

But I am starting to notice a strange pattern where gamers who watch anime are not even accepting thier video games voiced in English. I find it wierd, that people don't seem to know that is no such thing as bad japanese voice dubbing because it's all so superior to simply relaxing your eyes and not reading so much text.

Example Full Metal Alchmist for PS2: I thought it was a great game. Loved the hell out of it.
Non anime gamer- I hated it. Gameplay was slow and story was boring. the graphics are inferior to A-list stuff. I hate anime anyway. Square Enix sucks.
Anime gamer- i hated it. They stuck with the damn english voices. And they changed the original opener. Didn't follow the anime storyline at all. It's not FMA without Scar or Gluttony. Square Enix sucks.
spider-moose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:13 am Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:

sigh.. Though an original japanese voiceover option would be nice, it really isn't essential. Bad voiceovers are the fault of careless dubbers who are carelessly chosen.

Besides, not having a dub at all would lose lots of sales potential.

But I am starting to notice a strange pattern where gamers who watch anime are not even accepting thier video games voiced in English. I find it wierd, that people don't seem to know that is no such thing as bad japanese voice dubbing because it's all so superior to simply relaxing your eyes and not reading so much text.

Example Full Metal Alchmist for PS2: I thought it was a great game. Loved the hell out of it.
Non anime gamer- I hated it. Gameplay was slow and story was boring. the graphics are inferior to A-list stuff. I hate anime anyway. Square Enix sucks.
Anime gamer- i hated it. They stuck with the damn english voices. And they changed the original opener. Didn't follow the anime storyline at all. It's not FMA without Scar or Gluttony. Square Enix sucks.

so your saying you enjoy godzilla like dubs?
yangxu

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote
which Grand Battle is that article referring to anyway? if its Grand Battle 3 then I'll ignore it for sure, if its that new Grand Battle Rush, it's still considered a decent game (and probably the best One Piece fighting game available)
silentjay

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Gamelore wrote:
How is the Ghost in the Shell: SAC game?

It's not bad, if a lot on the short side. Gameplay sort of reminds me of Socom meets MGS, but more on the shooter side than the sneaker side. I guess the best compliment I can give it is that it feels like an episode of the show, and nothing really stands out that ruins that illusion, other than the fact that I kind of suck at the game.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I wonder which came first: the decision to go to E3 or the decision to merge with Namco. Either way, I'm willing to bet a lot more people are going to listen to what they're going to say,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2